• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Heel

Botchamania road-tests WWE Network

iqVcqWzfBfgI1.gif

okayfrog

Banned
You know what I would like with the WWE Network? And maybe this sounds silly, but I don't care: Belt timelines.

I want to be able to start at the beginning of a belt and follow all the title defenses.

I had a break between classes and I was able to watch live on my phone, but when I got home some videos aren't working for me :| Im on the trial if that makes a difference.

I will say though the quality for this is dope as fuck.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ultimately, WWE is going to bring the Network to the U.K., Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong and the Nordics by the end of 2014, early 2015, which should provide an additional $25 to $50 million in EBITDA. Barrios did have a caveat for Canadian wrestling fans, noting "Between you and I, Canada might get a surprise, and get it earlier than late 2014."

I bet the surprise is that Canada gets the initial rollout of Stampede Wrestling content.

No one has succesfully beaten the "Media Error: Video not available" monster have they?

Edit- Just as I say that: it works. (At least it finds media!)

ElRenoRaven

Still working for me. Just checked. The time it takes to load though has gone through the roof. A good 30 seconds before it started.

NoTacos

I'm not really digging the control layout for ps4, going between circle and x is just confusing. Live stream works great but still waiting for on demand to work the kinks out.

I'm not really digging the control layout for ps4, going between circle and x is just confusing. Live stream works great but still waiting for on demand to work the kinks out.

Yeah it's weird, you'd think the live portion would be having all the problems. But what do I know.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What's on there in terms of documentary stuff? Is there additional content right now outside of PPVs and recaps?

So far just the Bret/Shawn rivalry doc and later on they're showing Austin's doc (the one that came out in 2011 I believe). It's part of the live programming though, not on demand.

The Kid

This might have been answered already but can you share an account with another person? My sister wants to use the network as well and I want to see if we can both be on at the same time.

PaulLFC

Elimination Chamber seems to be on the "Today" schedule as the first show.

I can't seem to get anything that's not the live network stuff to work without buffering every 5 seconds. Going to wait until tomorrow I think when it's hopefully stabilised a bit.

Branson

So the trial people can use all devices right? I've been playing stuff on my iPhone ok. Not great with the buffering and stuff but it all worked somewhat.

PaulLFC

You know what I would like with the WWE Network? And maybe this sounds silly, but I don't care: Belt timelines.

I want to be able to start at the beginning of a belt and follow all the title defenses.
I like that idea. Plenty of things like that would be great once all of the archive content is up - follow one superstar's career, watch all of a specific match type in the order they were held, etc.

Deadstar

So far just the Bret/Shawn rivalry doc and later on they're showing Austin's doc (the one that came out in 2011 I believe). It's part of the live programming though, not on demand.

That is disappointing. I want to watch all the docs. Netflix has more than them?

jmdajr

What's on there in terms of documentary stuff? Is there additional content right now outside of PPVs and recaps?

Not really. There is like a misc section more or less, but no collections of past DVD Docs.

edit: It's called THE VAULT

ECW Hardcore TV- random shows

WCCW- random show

Legends of Wrestling- looks like round table stuff with legends

Old School-old msg matches

NoTacos

Yeah it's weird, you'd think the live portion would be having all the problems. But what do I know.

idk why but sometimes when i hit x it registers as circle or "going back", and vice versa also happens.

I actually expected the live stream to work well, the on demand content I knew was gonna be a mess lol.

They're streaming the first Wrestlemania. They're just about the IC match between Junkyard Dog and Greg Valentine. Quality looks great.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I've only been able to test it on my phone so far but this seems like a home run for the WWE. Quality over LTE is awesome, looks HD. Love that they have a live stream plus all of the on demand content. This seems like a great value for $9.99 a month. Can't wait to test it on my laptop.

Ferny

idk why but sometimes when i hit x it registers as circle or "going back", and vice versa also happens.

I actually expected the live stream to work well, the on demand content I knew was gonna be a mess lol.

That's how the MLB At Bat app is as well. It's seems to be the same thing.

styl3s

Netflix has A LOT more documentaries than the network right now.
Netflix may have some exclusive or time exclusive streaming rights.

Netflix probably wouldn't give WWE all this money to be able to stream stuff that WWE fans would just watch on the network.

Razorskin

----- ------
I shouldn't have phrased that as a question. What I meant was it's crazy that Netflix has more than them. I've seen them all and they are great. I hope they get more docs.

It's just a matter of time, it's great content to fill the live channel.

Netflix may have some exclusive or time exclusive streaming rights.

Netflix probably wouldn't give WWE all this money to be able to stream stuff that WWE fans would just watch on the network.

Could be but why is Greatest Rivalries there then? That's also on netflix.

JLynn

So far, so good. More questions tho

1: Has anybody got it to work on the 360? I tried again and got the Login/password incorrect message.

2: When doing a search on the PS3 app, is there a way to pull up more than six, seven results like via the website?

Tenck

This is glorious. GLORIOUS!!!

Now that it's working I can't see myself not keeping a sub until they stop adding stuff (hopefully that never happens :p)

There are archived Raw and Smackdown shows on there, but it's very limited

1/10/93
1/17/93
1/24/93
1/31/93
2/28/93
3/7/93
3/14/93

1/18/98
9/27/98

And then a lot of stuff from 2012-current.

They also have the first episode of Smackdown from 8/25/99 but nothing until 2012.

Top Bottom