• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Trying to get through Spring Stampede 94, so much buffering.

This could also be organized better, some sorting options and grids instead of one straight line of shows.
I'm digging some of these NXT gimmicks.

The guy who takes selfies looks hilarious, the 'this is NXT' show was a great idea.

styl3s

I'm digging some of these NXT gimmicks.
Get ready to become a BOliever.

BOLIEVE IT
bo_dallas.jpg

okayfrog

Banned
Someone earlier mentioned that west coast feeds will be three hours behind east coast on the network. Can someone confirm this?

If so, can someone look ahead and see what time NXT Arrival is airing on the west coast feed on Thursday?

Anybody able to help me out with this?

Stuart444

Unblock-us is working great for me.

Fun fact: If you hover over the Schedule at the top, it shows what time the upcoming programs are on depending on what time your computer is (ie in ring specials is at 9pm, after that program is at 10, etc) but if you click on schedule, it shows the time in ET. (though I signed up using a Eastern address so that might dictate what is shown on this page)

So yeah even if you think you can't watch something because of the time it shows, try it anyway.

Get ready to become a BOliever.

BOLIEVE IT
bo_dallas.jpg

He's definitely pulling off the douche pretty well.

Okay so rewinding live programming kind of sucks. I'm watching the Ceasaro/Zane match and saw an awesome sequence, tried to reweind and it took me back to some point in during the bret/shawn doc. Thought maybe the rewind was too sensitive and tried again but no, right back to the documentary. Ended up missing more of the match cuz of this, could only go back to the "live" portion.

Anth0ny

Over 220k so far on the WWE Network subs according to David Bixenspan from Bleacher Report.

is that paid subs, or just people who signed up for this free week?

cause I ain't paying for this shit. 7 days is more than enough time to go through what's currently up. I'll probably sign up again when they actually put up a bunch of Raw/Smackdown/Nitro/other more obscure stuff

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
is that paid subs, or just people who signed up for this free week?

cause I ain't paying for this shit. 7 days is more than enough time to go through what's currently up. I'll probably sign up again when they actually put up a bunch of Raw/Smackdown/Nitro/other more obscure stuff

Probably both. Surprised you can churn through it in 7 days, it's going to take me a year with what they have.

Allforce

As someone who basically shut off WWE and all wrestling the day after the Chris Benoit tragedy this entire service is DAUNTING. I wish there was more in the way of recaps or match listings on a lot of these PPVs, maybe with time stamps.

Anyone have a listing of matches that would be worth checking out for someone who's been out of the loop for years? I saw someone say "just watched Jeff Hardy Vs CM Punk, it's all there" as if something big happened but searching for that gives me about 5-6 matches the two had.

joeposh

Probably both. Surprised you can churn through it in 7 days, it's going to take me a year with what they have.

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can downplay the amount of content here. The number of top tier PPV's here alone could take a long time to churn through.

It looks like they're going to be gradually adding to the ECW/WWF TV archives too, which could keep even the most dedicated binge watcher busy for quite a while.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who basically shut off WWE and all wrestling the day after the Chris Benoit tragedy this entire service is DAUNTING. I wish there was more in the way of recaps or match listings on a lot of these PPVs, maybe with time stamps.

Anyone have a listing of matches that would be worth checking out for someone who's been out of the loop for years? I saw someone say "just watched Jeff Hardy Vs CM Punk, it's all there" as if something big happened but searching for that gives me about 5-6 matches the two had.

We'll take care of it as we get to reviewing content. :) Hardy vs Punk was at a Summerslam. So good.

DonDraper

Banned
I'm on PS3 as well and nothing is working for me. I keep getting the cannot play message. I was able to watch the live feed earlier fine and On-Demand was buffer city, but at least it was playing. Now nothing is playing :/

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Man WCW had some god damn awful poster artwork...

wwef_31355177_th_2.jpg

And I'm pretty sure they just kept reusing Hogan's one photo in all these posters:

wwef_31375239_th_2.jpg

wwef_31365109_th_2.jpg

WWEWPV0050A_PosterArt_86iq19b9_e3jh69ck.jpg

wwef_31375229_th_2.jpg

wwef_31375245_th_2.jpg

WWEWPV0058A_PosterArt_9x94a7qf_xgqxdfn6.jpg

okayfrog

Banned

-Any Undertaker Wrestlemania match from the last five years
-CM Punk vs. John Cena Money in the Bank 2011
-Team Hell No/Ryback vs. The Shield TLC 2012
-Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio Extreme Rules 2011
-John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan Summerslam 2013

Just a few off the top of my head.

JavyOO7

He's definitely pulling off the douche pretty well.

Okay so rewinding live programming kind of sucks. I'm watching the Ceasaro/Zane match and saw an awesome sequence, tried to reweind and it took me back to some point in during the bret/shawn doc. Thought maybe the rewind was too sensitive and tried again but no, right back to the documentary. Ended up missing more of the match cuz of this, could only go back to the "live" portion.

You can watch it on the "This is NXT" video. Match begins at 24 min mark.

Anth0ny

I've been doing an Attitude Era re-watch on a daily basis since February 2011. That's every Raw, PPV and a lot of Smackdowns.

I'm going to check out some WCW, ECW and WWE from 2002 onwards during this free trial. While I probably won't get through everything I'd like to see, I'm definitely not paying $60 for another 6 months of this. Totally unnecessary because I know I'll barely use it.

It would make more sense to wait for when it's actually available in Canada, with more content and hopefully we are able to check it out for only a month rather than 6 months at a time.

Just booted up Survivor Series 1991. I got an error message for about the first 10 tries then it finally went through. It buffered every 10 seconds then it finally straightened up and was smooth.

Everything with Jake's snake biting Savage was left unedited. I like it.

So do you have to sign up for a subscription to get the free week? It sent me to the Network page after I made an account but the videos haven't been working for me for a number of hours.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Also you might want to look at legitshook.com - it's our wrasslin community's reviews database. Hit the search and read about some of these, and if they get your fancy, look it up on the Network.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If you think the selection is insane right now, just wait until they get the weekly televised events up.

And the non-weekly televised events (like SNME).

And the non-televised events.

And the territory footage they have.

This is incredible, and could be a major turning point for TV.

So do you have to sign up for a subscription to get the free week? It sent me to the Network page after I made an account but the videos haven't been working for me for a number of hours.

You have to give them your credit card info. You have to cancel before the week is up or you will begin being billed.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I've been doing an Attitude Era re-watch on a daily basis since February 2011. That's every Raw, PPV and a lot of Smackdowns.

I'm going to check out some WCW, ECW and WWE from 2002 onwards during this free trial. While I probably won't get through everything I'd like to see, I'm definitely not paying $60 for another 6 months of this. Totally unnecessary because I know I'll barely use it.

It would make more sense to wait for when it's actually available in Canada, with more content and hopefully we are able to check it out for only a month rather than 6 months at a time.
It's totally worth it.

Razorskin

----- ------
The initial content is great, looking forward to all the additions they make.

The live channel is great if you don't want to have to choose what to watch, it's daunting.

The WWE ppvs are indeed from the master tapes. I'm watching Survivor Series 1991 and it doesn't even have any watermarks in the corner of the screen.

Well crap. The schedule is setup for whatever timezone you're in. That means for West Coast viewers who have cable channels showing East Coast time feeds, they won't be able to see the Raw pre and post show until the West Coast airing.

You sure about that? I'm on the West Coast, and it's telling me the RAW Pre-Show will be at 4:30 p.m. today, right after this airing of Wrestlemania 1 wraps up.

I'm watching New Blood Rising (for some reason.) While the service is great, I'm extremely disappointed that they dubbed over The Cat's theme with electronic farts.

... but he's the greatest... :'(

Depends are you looking to watch a good story or do you just want individual match recommendations?

You have a really cool opportunity to watch the rise and fall of The Shield, the best heel faction in pro wrestling in at least a decade. Start with the main event of Survivior Series 2012 and just watch all of their PPV matches from then until now. They were consistently the best or second best match of each card and their evolution from "Nobodies banded together to upset the natural order" into "The biggest effin' deals in wrestling" would be a fun genesis.

Top Bottom