• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

hopefully the live streaming holds up during PPVs because Im feeling let down by the the on demand service. Maybe I'll just order Wrestlemania on tv and wait until people say its actually working

If it was going down, launch would've been the time since not only were everyone watching live, they were also accessing the VOD stuff and signing up, etc.

Mania will just be live streaming. Pretty simple. It wouldn't surprise me if they straight up shut down VODs during PPVs.

Edgeward

Looks like they made good on their word. Able to watch VODs on roku now where I couldnt before.

Nevermind, ppv just errored out. Welp

strobogo

Banned
PPVs are not really working, or working in spurts, but the other archived stuff is working with no problems. Like NXT/Main Event/WM Rewind/Countdown.

markatisu

I was unable to access any archived shows (after working fine the past day and a half) for the past 3 hours but just tried a few minutes ago and am now watching Superbrawl II so maybe they fixed what was going on earlier

GQman2121

Banned
I tried to watch Fall Brawl 96' last night and it didn't work. I tried again just now and it's still not working; however, they've added chapters for every match and a few big spots. That was definitely not there last night for this same ppv.

tSmryCb.jpg

The live feed has been absolutely flawless for nearly everyone.

That's not why many of us are interested in this service though. I don't know who most of the people are they're interviewing. Who the hell was the dude peddling the wrestling buddies? He wasn't at the ppv or Raw last night.

KissVibes

Banned
All these interviews for these videos are so old. I guess most of it is just reused from DVDs but some of it had to be made for the network years ago, right?

Edgeward

Watching the VOD of countdown and it stops at the same spot and errors out. Generalsocketerror, the fuck does that even mean

Seeing Matt Striker made me giggle though and let's me know how old a lot of these soundbytes are

strobogo

Banned
All these interviews for these videos are so old. I guess most of it is just reused from DVDs but some of it had to be made for the network years ago, right?

They did a TON of interviews for many, many projects in 2002-2003. All the WCW stuff while they had guys under contract, ECW stuff for the same reason. The 50 Years DVD that just came out had a lot of interviews from that period that have never been used on anything in a decade. I think they wanted to interview as many people on as many subjects as they could while they had them/people were still alive.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I tried to watch Fall Brawl 96' last night and it didn't work. I tried again just now and it's still not working; however, they've added chapters for every match and a few big spots. That was definitely not there last night for this same ppv.

It's been there. It was there for ppvs before the 9am launch.

I think the structure of the streaming is filling your cache with timed marks for ppvs..well at least on the ps3 app. If that cache doesn't load correctly, then you're going to get buffering problems or just booted from the on demand stream. The app can't load the correct cues due to server issues.

This is why the live feed works with no flaws because it doesn't have any time marks to cache hence the app isn't looking for what to play next if you decide to skip a match. It's not buffering because of the actual stream.

If MLB/WWE took out those time cues from the on-demand stuff, everyone would be streaming with no problems.

This is just observational stuff and by no means I know what the issue really is. I tried running Survivor Series '13 and the cues showed up then I got booted 2 minutes in.

jobber

WWE had 2 years to pimp this network out and all the live stream shows is the same 4 shows over and over. I get text messages saying nXt is coming on at 8....but it's the same show that was on yesterday!

Edgeward

WWE had 2 years to pimp this network out and all the live stream shows is the same 4 shows over and over. I get text messages saying nXt is coming on at 8....but it's the same show that was on yesterday!

They need to randomly just pick a ppv and sprinkle them in. What a hilarious party it would be for everyone to have a good laugh at late era wcw

jobber

They need to randomly just pick a ppv and sprinkle them in. What a hilarious party it would be for everyone to have a good laugh at late era wcw

Only random ppvs coming on are Wrestlemania

Did they ever make only 3 of them? It would be a shame if they didn't or they if they did they should definitely add them in the future. The worst gimmicks one was hilarious.

its lots of them

Edgeward

There are definitely checkpoints put on VODs that are causing the stream to error out on roku. I would have to go to the minute past the crash point because if I go to the same minute spot it will crash instantly

KissVibes

Banned
YO, WHAT THE FUCK.

Big E is like the hypest shit on NXT and does good on the mic. Why can't he do the same on Raw and Smackdown? Give that man a microphone. Give him his five gimmick. GIVE HIM THE WOOORLD.

They did a TON of interviews for many, many projects in 2002-2003. All the WCW stuff while they had guys under contract, ECW stuff for the same reason. The 50 Years DVD that just came out had a lot of interviews from that period that have never been used on anything in a decade. I think they wanted to interview as many people on as many subjects as they could while they had them/people were still alive.

I was more talking about the stuff with younger people.

Zach

Just watched This is NXT on PS4 without issue. That Zayn/Cesaro match was a good time. Also, Zayn is now one of my favorites, not just because of his solid ring work, but because he was wearing an Operation Ivy shirt in the post-match interview. :D

Pavaloo

YO, WHAT THE FUCK.

Big E is like the hypest shit on NXT and does good on the mic. Why can't he do the same on Raw and Smackdown? Give that man a microphone. Give him his five gimmick. GIVE HIM THE WOOORLD.

I was more talking about the stuff with younger people.

That's why people are so hype on him. His instagram is gold also. But you know, them nerves man, can't teach a guy to be comfortable in front of thousands lol

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
so it it possible to share an account/password with someone like netflix?

KissVibes

Banned
In another reality, Ceasro is the king of UFC and destroys everyone. Dude is so fucking strong and tough as fucking nails. He's natural too which makes guys like The Rock look like chumps. He's just one of those generic beasts like Lesnar. Fuck, I'd say Cesaro is stronger. I would love to see them work a match. Goddamn I'd pay a full $60 to see it.

Top Bottom