• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Edgeward

Ps4 app is really barebones. Not even a search function it looks like. No checkponts like on pc either. Another thing i want to see is show descriptions to have a match listing and not some blurb barely covering the main event

Downhome

I'm watching the live stream a bit before bed and just saw the Kennel in a Cell match featured in a quick segment called "Best of the Worst", awesome. How many of these have aired so far?

Couleurs

I'm glad the first week is free, since otherwise being unable to watch a single old PPV using either PS4/iOS/Mac without having it stop working 4-5 minutes in (if it even loads at all) would be really annoying.

I'm sure it'll be an incredible service once the issues get worked out, but I might hold off on subscribing for a while if it doesn't improve over the next few days. Still pretty pumped up that the network exists though.

Adrian121

Yeah can't say I like the fact that the live feed is pretty much repeating the same 4 or 5 shows over and over. They have a ton of stuff, and they're just repeating it all? They should throw in some new things in there every day too.

strobogo

Banned
Ps4 app is really barebones. Not even a search function it looks like. No checkponts like on pc either. Another thing i want to see is show descriptions to have a match listing and not some blurb barely covering the main event

Search function isn't that great even on PC yet. It's really good only for 2002-on stuff right now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah can't say I like the fact that the live feed is pretty much repeating the same 4 or 5 shows over and over. They have a ton of stuff, and they're just repeating it all? They should throw in some new things in there every day too.

Yeah, I'm looking at the schedule for the live stream and it's baffling. You have hundreds of hours of content so why is Royal Rumble 2013 showing 6 times in the next week? This is NXT is streaming 4 times today alone.

Who's on-demand video player is still shitty on the PC?

Cause mine is still garbage.

On Mac here and it's non functional. Even the live stream doesn't work on my notebook which is the one place where it doesn't work so far.

Razorskin

----- ------
Having a hard time with trying to skip and buffering often. Yesterday night it was smooth and watched half of ECW Barely Legal

I'll never get to find out if it was Rick Rude under that mask. ):

Yeah, I'm looking at the schedule for the live stream and it's baffling. You have hundreds of hours of content so why is Royal Rumble 2013 showing 6 times in the next week? This is NXT is streaming 4 times today alone.

On Mac here and it's non functional. Even the live stream doesn't work on my notebook which is the one place where it doesn't work so far.

Have you tried playing it on Safari? It does hang up a lot when you use Chrome.

notworksafe

Tried a Legends of Wrestling episode and that worked. Still no Raw, Smackdown, or PPV.

Luckily Legends of Wrestling is awesome so I'll just watch the Worst Characters episode. :D

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You mean the 'Video not available' error? Still can't get past it myself, although it briefly worked last night for the Raw Backstage Pass.

Not even an error message, the video stream just never loads. This is what I see in Chrome right now.

rp4ppSm.png

Not even an error message, the video stream just never loads. This is what I see in Chrome right now.

Mine does this a lot before the video begins playing by skipping through the video over and over again until I have to refresh to start the process again. Hopefully it'll be sorted out soon.

iMax

Think I might have just fixed the 'Media Error: Video not available' error, people!

I'm in the UK and I'm certain that geo-blocking has now been implemented online. However, merely switching on your VPN or adjusting your DNS isn't going to work. You'll need to logout, clear your cache, and clear your cookies from the following domains: wwe.com, mlbam.com, and azurewebsites.net.

At this point, re-enable your VPN/DNS solution, log back in to WWE Network, and you should be good to go.

Just make sure that whenever you visit the network, your computer appears to be located in the US, as it seems they're blocking accounts that quickly switch location, with a cookie.

BigMack

This is the exact problem I have with Chrome. Plays the TV14 rating screen perfectly then hangs forever trying to load the video. Firefox works great though.

A quick Google search showed that a browser called Comodo Dragon works and it plays fine for me in there. So not sure what the deal is with Chrome.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Booted up my ps3 and it had to scan the file system after the crash yesterday.

So far I got Fully Loaded 99' into the first match wothout buffering.

NastyBook

Just watched the majority of an NXT episode before buffering issues started. Cesaro really needs to work on his mic skills.

About to head to bed and see if I can stream a PPV on my tablet (before I fall asleep watching it).

I hope they get things ironed out before the free trial ends. As excited as I am for the network, I can't pay for it in the current state it's in.

GREAT AMERICAN BASH 1991 IS FINALLY UP!

In other news, just tried to stream WCW Superbrawl II on my PS3. Smooth as hell until about 7 minutes in and it completely died.

Malajax

Pretty cool that I can wake up in the middle of the night and catch some old school wrestling. Didn't know draws were a thing either.

On demand is working well right now... In the middle of the night. Hopefully it holds later on in the day.

strobogo

Banned
Pretty cool that I can wake up in the middle of the night and catch some old school wrestling. Didn't know draws were a thing either.

On demand is working well right now... In the middle of the night. Hopefully it holds later on in the day.

What do you mean? You didn't know time limit draws were a thing?

Hasney

That Flair/Piper match was fun, but I don't see the point in chair shots with those chairs when they look so bad. They're basically tapping each other.

Malajax

What do you mean? You didn't know time limit draws were a thing?

Yeah that's alien to me. I've only just gotten back into wrestling and haven't watched much pre attitude era. I've seen matches with time limits, but I thought they were only for show since it never went to a draw decision.

strobogo

Banned
That Flair/Piper match was fun, but I don't see the point in chair shots with those chairs when they look so bad. They're basically tapping each other.

That's just how chair shots were during that time. You didn't see guys laying in the chair shots until late 90s. It's even sillier when they'd do the super light chair shots with the super padded chairs. Except in ECW, I guess. But rarely did you see a good looking chair shot in WWE/WCW until at least 1996.

Yeah that's alien to me. I've only just gotten back into wrestling and haven't watched much pre attitude era. I've seen matches with time limits, but I thought they were only for show since it never went to a draw decision.

Very common before the Monday Night Wars, especially in the NWA and then WCW. WWF didn't do it as often, but the TV Championship was basically built on time limit draws. Once they start putting up more territory stuff, you'll probably be really annoyed to find how many matches ended in DQ/count out/time limit draws. Clean or even semi clean finishes were not that common for most of the 80s outside of squash matches. Clean finishes usually only came in blow off matches. Even then, there is a good chance of outside interference or a guy having his foot on the ropes but the ref not seeing it kind of finishes.

Hasney

Is the stream caught in mini-loops of commentary for anyone else on this Wrestling Challenge? Just had Heenan say "You know, IRS told me the Big Boss Man is on the take" 3 times.

That's just how chair shots were during that time. You didn't see guys laying in the chair shots until late 90s. It's even sillier when they'd do the super light chair shots with the super padded chairs. Except in ECW, I guess. But rarely did you see a good looking chair shot in WWE/WCW until at least 1996.

Yeah, I've never really seen much weekly 80's stuff before. The running chair shot just looked like a glance and I'd rather see a brass knuckle shot or something. I'm sure I seen some hard chair shots to the back in the WCCW documentary DVD though. That would have been better rather than those padded chairs and glancing them on the steel side.

strobogo

Banned
Is the stream caught in mini-loops of commentary for anyone else on this Wrestling Challenge? Just had Heenan say "You know, IRS told me the Big Boss Man is on the take" 3 times.

Yeah, I've never really seen much weekly 80's stuff before. The running chair shot just looked like a glance and I'd rather see a brass knuckle shot or something. I'm sure I seen some hard chair shots to the back in the WCCW documentary DVD though. That would have been better rather than those padded chairs and glancing them on the steel side.

It was just a different time. Chairs really weren't commonly used things anyway, so I would imagine guys had no idea how to safely hit someone with them. WWF was certainly not the place to expect a hard chair shot. The hardest one I can remember before the mid 90s was Taker getting hit in the back with one after trying to kill Hulk Hogan before Survivor Series 1991.

Hasney

The Bella Twins surfing segment was dull right until the end when an early version of Tyler Breeze's music played and now it's stuck in my head again.

Oh lawd, Duke The Dumpster Drosse debut hype video.

Roku player is still atrocious, but the iPad app is working, and I might not ever sleep again. Watching the very first ECW PPV right now. Dudley's got buried!!! Shame that they never recovered after that...

FyreWulff

Oh for the love of pete

Sign up for WWE.com. Asks me to create an account for the trial, so I do. Get ready to give them my card, and it sends me directly to the network interface with no billing information added. None of the videos work, though.

Then I go to billing and it says "go to wwe.com to subscribe", and then I end up in an endless loop of going back to the web Network interface. Blah. If I dig around for the subscription link, there's no trial mentioned in the purchasing flow. Fix yo shit WWE

Top Bottom