• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Hasney

None of the on-demand videos make it past the first 10 minutes without buffering. None. The farthest I've ever gotten would Wrestlemania X after the Bret/Owen match. That's it. I'm using both the PS3 and 4 for this.

I'm pretty sure the console apps were rushed out. They're pretty fucked.

Nuklear

Banned
I'm watching WM17 via the PS4 app and I'm not having any problems atm. The sound effects though when going through the content is pretty terrible.

GQman2121

Banned
The "WCW World Title" from Bash '91:

bash91.jpeg

And you know why brother.....

Flair is 65 today too.

I'm about to give up on watching anything from the on demand library. It froze and kicked me out and now every time I try to skip to where I was at it just stalls forever. Really frustrating.

styl3s

If your title was obviously kind of crappy looking, why would you even do a shot like this? Just avoid it as much as possible...
Because in 1991 people didn't have 60" high def TV sets.

You have to remember the time. Most people had what? like 20" sets? Maybe 30ish and they were shitty CRT tvs. A lot of stuff from the 80s and early 90s look absolutely ridiculous and stupid now.

PS3 on demand video is awful. Live steaming works great though. Everything works like a charm on my Iphone and PC though. They need to fix the console app ASAP. I have a feeling WM is going to crash the server.

GQman2121

Banned
Android and PS3 apps don't work, so I tried to check the website. I go to log in and receive a message that a new password has been emailed to me. Why? I don't know. It hasn't arrived yet.

I haven't been able to watch anything other than the post live Raw last night. Everything else has been broken for me. This trial period is shit thus far.

I completely understand they need time to get the full library up there (either actually needing time, or just wanting to keep back some new content) - but I don't get why the episodes that are up seem completely random?

Raw 1993 for example - Episodes 1 to 4 are up, and then episodes 7 and 8 - where are 5 and 6? It would make no sense jumping from episode 4 to episode 7, surely?

Hopefully that's just a glitch that is sorted out in the next few days once the launch issues calm down.

Edit: ECW too - episodes 26, 30 and 43 - what? At least put up episodes 1-3 or something if they only want to upload 3 shows for now.

I feel like for the first week or so, they just have random stuff up to show everyone, "this is the variety you can expect". I feel like there will be a rhyme or reason eventually, but week one is just a showcase.

steveovig

Let's just say they do 500K subs by Mania, at least, assuming they will all watch Mania live, or most of them. I'm very curious as to how that will play out when 500K+ people all try logging in at the same time to watch a live stream. As far as I know, MLB.tv doesn't have that many people logged in at once to watch live games, do they? They better get all these problems fixed or PPV and the immediate future of Mania are not looking good.

BigDug13

So where does this work the absolute best? Got nothing to work on my Apple TV and the PS3 has been rough getting things to run. Haven't tried the PS4 yet. Does that one work better?

beanman25

All I know is that I'll just have the live stream on all day for WM. As a feeble attempt to bypass issues of signing on 30 minutes before.

Zach

So I threw on Bash at the Beach '96 when I got home just to see if it's working any better today. I've been doing stuff around the house, but it's been about twenty minutes and I haven't heard or seen a single issue. Now I'm afraid to touch it!

On PS4, by the way.

On Apple TV there is no way to watch something then go back to it. You can't resume anything. The only option you have is start from the start of the PPV. And if I pause it it freezes up and only the sound comes up.

What a waste of money this is so far. God, I can't wait til it gets better.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think 8 minutes is the furthest I've gotten into an On Demand video before freezing up. Hopefully the magic fix they're talking about for tonight actually works.

strobogo

Banned
A ton of PPVs just vanished. Maybe they had problems. All the old Raw/Smackdown stuff works just fine, but PPVs were freezing a lot.

I haven't been able to make it past 6 minutes of 1991 Halloween Havoc all evening (freezing), but that little bit has made me realize how wonderful this service is going to be for me when it's stable. The intro is amazing.

dubq

I haven't played around with any DNS settings, no. Should I? I've read that others just signed up with a US address and paid with Paypal and that was it.

If you are in Canada, you need a DNS service to make their service think you are in the States. I'm using unblock-us.com/

GQman2121

Banned
The live show is the only thing that is even remotely working and I use working very loosely.

The pan and scan on the archived footage is a mistake. Looks like complete shit. Dailymotion quality video they're airing right now.

hopefully the live streaming holds up during PPVs because Im feeling let down by the the on demand service. Maybe I'll just order Wrestlemania on tv and wait until people say its actually working

Top Bottom