• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Lothar

Banned
Watching Great American Bash 1998, and literally busted up laughing when I saw the back of Jericho's tights in the Jericho/Malenko match. "1004". I forgot how much of an uber troll Jericho was back then. So good.

Oh, and they replaced his music with his WWE theme.

That must seem bizarre as hell. With as much money as WWE has, why can't they afford WCW theme music?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
That must seem bizarre as hell. With as much money as WWE has, why can't they afford WCW theme music?

It's lame, but there's a couple things at play...

It might not be expensive to license it for one video, however when there's potentially hundreds of videos, that can all of a sudden become expensive, with very little upside.

I would love to see their profit margins for this network... it feels like it's going to be RAZOR thin because of the $9.99 price...

Aiii

So not worth it

WCW used a lot of generic theme music that just came from network sound collections. WWE owns all the WCW original themes, but Jericho's was one of those generic ones I guess they couldn't get rights to.

joeposh

Two common sense things this service should incorporate once they get past the launch crush: jump to points (match listings/indexing) and auto resume.

If I stop watching a PPV an hour and a half in and come back later, I should be able to jump right back in where I left off. That's been my only real complaint thus far.

PaulLFC

Two common sense things this service should incorporate once they get past the launch crush: jump to points (match listings/indexing) and auto resume.

If I stop watching a PPV an hour and a half in and come back later, I should be able to jump right back in where I left off. That's been my only real complaint thus far.
I think it has jump points for matches on some PPVs, just not all yet, and they sometimes don't load due to the launch issues. Auto resume isn't in yet though, it definitely should be. Big oversight.

I think it has jump points for matches on some PPVs, just not all yet, and they sometimes don't load due to the launch issues. Auto resume isn't in yet though, it definitely should be. Big oversight.
I don't think it has them at all on the PS4 app. I tried watching Wrestlemania 10 on my laptop and PS4 and the browser version had the jump points and the PS4 didn't.

korly

I hate how the jump points almost always land you at the end of the entrances. I like seeing the entrances, so I go to the jump point and have to rewind 2 minutes at which point crazy buffering kicks in.

BFIB

Just loaded up a few different PPV's on my iPad. No long buffer whatsoever. Looks like the kinks are being ironed out.

I hate how the jump points almost always land you at the end of the entrances. I like seeing the entrances, so I go to the jump point and have to rewind 2 minutes at which point crazy buffering kicks in.
I think I also saw a jump point about someone doing a finisher and ending the match. Which is a terrible feature if you haven't seen that match yet.

Well finally in, Netherlands here.

The service is great, seeing the HBK vs Bret Hart docu now, quite young so didn't get to catch all the older moments (ofcourse there is youtube but not the full thing ya know..) One thing though, lots of times when I fast forward or do a search for a certain match it just stops, gets that's due to the high traffic or something

I guess that couldn't use Jerichos WCW theme because it sounds like Evenflow from Pearl Jam. I expect the same treatment from Raven and DDP.

Sucks because they had the best WCW music. Most WCW music sounds like SNES(Super Famicom) music.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess that couldn't use Jerichos WCW theme because it sounds like Evenflow from Pearl Jam. I expect the same treatment from Raven and DDP.

Sucks because they had the best WCW music. Most WCW music sounds like SNES(Super Famicom) music.

the ol Jimmy Hart Special.

That fool re-recorded Pomp and Circumstance for Macho Man. A public domain song.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

As long as they still have that Billy Kidman theme. Straight fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caqp_7H2CAQ
ibk9bEVz5VVIX2.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just curious here. What was the storyline that had Cesaro go from cocky foreigner to Real American?

Zeb kind of adopted him to form the stable. Swagger wasn't gettin' it done, so Zeb pulled in international star Cesaro during a feud with mexicans to say "SEE, HE APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP AND IS A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF OUR SOCIETY" for bonus heats.

Anyone have any Chromecast impressions?

Not out on Chromecast but some people have done a workaround, waiting patiently for that.

Carnby

It's lame, but there's a couple things at play...

It might not be expensive to license it for one video, however when there's potentially hundreds of videos, that can all of a sudden become expensive, with very little upside.

I would love to see their profit margins for this network... it feels like it's going to be RAZOR thin because of the $9.99 price...

I for one would be willing to pay 29.99 per month so that I can hear Jericho and DDP's WCW music. Who's with me???

WCW used a lot of generic theme music that just came from network sound collections. WWE owns all the WCW original themes, but Jericho's was one of those generic ones I guess they couldn't get rights to.

You mean the Even Flow knockoff

Hex

Banned
Going back to the era when I started watching wrestling, lol Starcade 85
Edit: Damn the blade jobs, Raging Bull Manny Fernandez and Abdullah the Butcher was a leaker but it was nothing for those days...forgot about how much that happened back then

beanman25

You can scroll ahead the dates and watch things that aren't on demand yet.

I'm watching the Smackdown with Arnold Schwarzenegger right now, you can also watch the SCSA beyond the ring!

Trying to use it on my Windows 8 laptop here and it keeps taking to me what looks like a mobile page whenever I try to watch anything. Just one big ol' button in he middle of the page saying "Purchase the WWE Network". (The title says "Download the wwe app" too) Can't seem to bypass it no matter how I try to get to the content. Cmonnnn I just wanna finish Halloween Havoc 1991.

Edit: Switching to IE worked, as others suggested.

Hex

Banned
*knock on wood* Smooth today, yesterday was hell.

(Magnum TA vs Tully Blanchard I Quit match at Starcade 85 in a cage shames alot of the modern "grudge" type matches.
No need for chairs or sledge hammers.)
Edit..ok there was a chair kind of...

Edit: Fuck....spoke too soon...
Here comes choppy choppy lag.

Looks like they removed the "chapters" from the on demand video - at least the one I'm watching - Royal Rumble 2003.

Running much more smoothly now.

Haha, Scott Steiner barely grazed Triple H with the title belt and Triple H bladed massively. Craziness.

Jamie OD

Everything is working A-OK for me so far today although I'm more tempted to watch the wrestlecrap than I am the genuinely great stuff.

Top Bottom