• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

RobbieNick

How come the iPad App has way more features than the PS3/PS4 apps?!! I want a search engine on my PS4.

The buffering has gotten much better on the PS3/PS4 but I was having some freezing and bad video quality on the iPad.

Recall

So Chris Benoit has been removed from the chapter listings on WCW ppvs it seems. Superbrawl 8 for example goes from Bulldog vs. Mongo a huge gap then Macho Man vs. Luger missing out DDP vs. Benoit.

The match is there but no chapter listings for it. I guess it removes people from being able to search for his matches.

So Chris Benoit has been removed from the chapter listings on WCW ppvs it seems. Superbrawl 8 for example goes from Bulldog vs. Mongo a huge gap then Macho Man vs. Luger missing out DDP vs. Benoit.

The match is there but no chapter listings for it. I guess it removes people from being able to search for his matches.

I'm honestly mystified why they don't want people to be able to search for him. I get not highlighting his stuff, obviously, but not even allowing a search is just sticking your head in the sand. If someone wants to look for his stuff, let them.

I'm honestly mystified why they don't want people to be able to search for him. I get not highlighting his stuff, obviously, but not even allowing a search is just sticking your head in the sand. If someone wants to look for his stuff, let them.

It took them years to even allow him to be shown. Baby steps. Not the best thing, but at least they are allowing him to be seen now.

Downhome

Just watched Vader vs. Ric Flair from Starrcade 93 and holy shit was it incredible.

Yes it is, more people should watch it.

Did you watch the entire show with all of the buildup?

Also, does she remind anyone else of the girl who was selling beads and bracelets in the Napoleon Dynamite movie?

I've thought that since I first saw her, but I especially thought it in that video blog.

Surge

Pretty sure it might have been mentioned in the other wrestling thread before the network launched but we should try to set up a schedule for all of us to watch ppv's, episodes of raw, smackdown, etc. together.

What do you guys think?

Pretty sure it might have been mentioned in the other wrestling thread before the network launched but we should try to set up a schedule for all of us to watch ppv's, episodes of raw, smackdown, etc. together.

What do you guys think?

You should set up a Skype call with some GAFers to do that.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Holy shit, On Demand is working for me on PS4. Smooth, no buffering.

iwloK8JB4GSQs.gif

Zach

What do you guys think?

Chronological PPVs or bust!

Remember when WWF PPVs had intermissions?

Watching SummerSlam 1990 and man, bringing back so many memories. Had this taped off the live PPV, and had the VCR set to the best quality but shortest time, and only got like half the PPV, yet I watched the shit out of it for years and years.

Ryck

Just watched Vader vs. Ric Flair from Starrcade 93 and holy shit was it incredible.
Gonna watch that right now. I didn't start watching WCW till the Outsiders showed up so if anyone has some good recommendations I'd appreciate it.

JavyOO7

God damn, I can listen to Scott Hall doing his best imitation of Tony Montana FOREVER and it will never get old.

"Tomorrow chico, when I leave this arena... I'm going to have gold on my fingers, gold around my neck, and Hitman... I'm going to have YOUR gold around my waist!"

So good. So stronk. So god like.

remnant

Banned

Honestly does it really matter? Outside of a curiosity search I haven't felt the need to bother with any of his work at all.

ElRenoRaven

Yea I have to agree. That is insane. I can understand the disclaimers etc but not even letting people find his content is crazy.

Goddamn, I forgot how well Barely Legal '97 holds up. Just tremendous matches all the way through the card.

The end RVD/Lance match was kind of sloppy, but other than that I loved it too, as well, the six man tag match being my favorite.

The crowd hated those struggle chair shots by Lance, but I understand his position.

Honestly does it really matter? Outside of a curiosity search I haven't felt the need to bother with any of his work at all.
Same. Benoit had some great matches, but his career was nothing really noteworthy or worth searching for. He's a fucking murderer, there's really no line WWE can't cross with me in terms of doing whatever they want with him.

Ilive1up

i wish there were bigger stories written for the payper views. a couple of sentences just isn't enough. list the matches, and some story-lines going into it at least.

Lothar

Banned
Can someone put on Wrestlemania 26 and tell me if Undertaker comes out to Ain't No Grave?

Ordinarily I wouldn't think so but I've read that he still has his Kid Rock theme on some PPVs.

Razorskin

----- ------
Can someone put on Wrestlemania 26 and tell me if Undertaker comes out to Ain't No Grave?

Ordinarily I wouldn't think so but I've read that he still has his Kid Rock theme on some PPVs.

Nah, regular taker theme.

I don't think he came out to Ain't no grave at 26 though...

Chopper

Does the network have the UK PPVs? Cos Rebellion 2001 was pretty fantastic. I can't believe I got to see a Stone Cold/Rocky title match live.

I was there. And my DDP Loves Me!/mobile phone number sign is clearly visible throughout.

And yes. I got death threats via text. Thanks Manchester.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Does the network have the UK PPVs? Cos Rebellion 2001 was pretty fantastic. I can't believe I got to see a Stone Cold/Rocky title match live.

I was there. And my DDP Loves Me!/mobile phone number sign is clearly visible throughout.

It does. I'm actually watching rebellion 99 right now.

I've forgotten that laser pointers were a thing during the attitude era. It gets pretty obnoxious.

Razorskin

----- ------

Yeah UK PPVs are there.

Chopper

Fantastic. I haven't watched it in years and years, but I distinctly remember alot about that PPV. Get on it. And look out for my sign. I was about 5 rows directly behind JR and The King. The mobile phone number won't work any more though. :)

Top Bottom