• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

My daughter is five. She's already learned how to turn on the TV, the PS3, go to the WWE Network, and find the Royal Rumble. The only thing she can't do yet is seek to the actual Royal Rumble match.

For some reason Royal Rumble matches are the only thing she cares about. When we watch Raw, she comes in the room and says, "is this a Royal Rumble?" and we say no and she wanders off. If she does watch some Raw with us and anybody goes out of the ring, she was letting us know that he's been eliminated. She maybe understands now that it doesn't work that way in a non-Rumble match, but she also probably doesn't care.

This made me smile so much.

Eidan

Okay, so I'm finally able to get the network to work on my 360. Why can't I access a lot of the content? I can't find a single WCW pay-per-view.

Edgeward

Ps4 needs more fixing. Search results are few and when you do select one, it goes to the match but does not remove the progress bar because it doesnt jump to the timestamp. Only stuck at zero and i couldnt make it go away. Plus this fatal error when trying to access tonight's main event. Oh and the crashes. Mess

geomon

Ps4 needs more fixing. Search results are few and when you do select one, it goes to the match but does not remove the progress bar because it doesnt jump to the timestamp. Only stuck at zero and i couldnt make it go away. Plus this fatal error when trying to access tonight's main event. Oh and the crashes. Mess

The console apps definitely need to be updated. The search function on the PS3 is pretty useless (not as much as the mobile app though) and good luck selecting the first few Wrestlemanias from the select by year menu.

Hasney

I'm sure it's been asked before but is there a legit way to get this now in the UK ?. Is there an official date for it in the UK ?.

Thanks.

Think there was some vague rumblings about it being the end of the year, but it's up in the air if you get the new PPVs as they happen in the UK as they signed a new deal with Sky Box Office.

Best way is to get it illegitimately.

Sensational Sherri was hot at Summerslam '91. Damn.

kw9o3Ii.gif
1On5EJh.gif

Summerslam 1992 was also an amazing cavalcade of ass from Sherri. She wore a thong and assless chaps to the ring with HBK. When she holds the ropes open for HBK, she intentionally sinks the middle rope in between her cheeks.

Think there was some vague rumblings about it being the end of the year, but it's up in the air if you get the new PPVs as they happen in the UK as they signed a new deal with Sky Box Office.

Best way is to get it illegitimately.

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to get it in the UK while still paying for it ?, don't want to pirate it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New episodes of ECW TV, WCCW, Old School live WWF events and more are up. Looks like they're giving a drip feed as opposed to huge updates. Probably about 25 more hours of content today alone.

Gigarator

Thanks so much for the info !

Are all the old RAW and Nitro's on it ?.

Not as of yet. No Nitro's at all and only a handful of Raw's pre-2012, but there's still a ton of stuff to watch. New stuff is trickling in every so often, though I'd prefer if they did it in order and not quite so haphazard as it seems to be so far.

Not as of yet. No Nitro's at all and only a handful of Raw's pre-2012, but there's still a ton of stuff to watch. New stuff is trickling in every so often, though I'd prefer if they did it in order and not quite so haphazard as it seems to be so far.

That's cool, I mainly want it for the old PPV's, old RAW and Nitro's would have just been a nice bonus.

blurrygil

I think it's all based on stuff they want to showcase. In the most recent case, the 2001 RAW episode where the buyout of WCW is confirmed. I think they're releasing these archived episodes as they coincide with the weekly shows they're airing? I don't have any hard evidence. But I'm seeing examples of what might be this here and there.

Zach

How do you search on PS3? I can type stuff in, but I can't figure out how to make it actually search...? What is wrong with me?

The Raw is War episode where Vince bought WCW is on the live feed. I remember watching it live growing up and didn't know about it before hand. God that was so surreal turning on Nitro and seeing the WWF logo and watching Vince speak. Awesome moment and as WWF/WWE fanboy in the 90's

Soup Bar

The Raw is War episode where Vince bought WCW is on the live feed. I remember watching it live growing up and didn't know about it before hand. God that was so surreal turning on Nitro and seeing the WWF logo and watching Vince speak. Awesome moment and as WWF/WWE fanboy in the 90's

It's kind of weird that episode was the go home show for WM 17.

NastyBook

Just finished watching that match with Sherri cheesecake, and now I see that Cena isn't just Hogan, but also the fucking Ultimate Warrior. I just can't stand that much bullshit packed into one character. Not fusing them is what made it work back then.

Hex

Banned
God damn I forgot how shitty the "american badass" character was.
Spitting every cliche out of a biker magazine and biker movie and just so laughable especially coming off of how iconic the Undertaker persona was

geomon

I set up two seperate VCR's on two different tv's just so I could tape both shows and have everything due to the crossover hour. Did a WTF moment when Vince fired Jeff Jarrett live on air. Tony Schiavone burying Regal, ah good time.

strobogo

Banned
I know first hand that there isn't much worth watching in 2000-2001 WCW, but Rey vs Chavo at Superbrawl Revenge is rad. Maybe the best match they ever had together, and they had some really good ones in WWE.

strobogo

Banned
Crush joining Demolition really sucked so hard. Not only because Crush fucking sucked, but it meant they changed their music to shitty generic "scary" music.

Shadybiz

Spitting every cliche out of a biker magazine and biker movie and just so laughable especially coming off of how iconic the Undertaker persona was

Yeah that was an awful time. I don't know who thought that was a good idea.

Does anyone know what made them go back to the "good" Undertaker anyway? Terrible fan reception, or something else (spoiler if necessary)?

I really hated the American Badass Taker. It completely killed his character at the time. If he was going to do that gimmick he should have waited till 2005. Going from that epic Ministry Evil Taker to ABA was super lame.

strobogo

Banned
I really hated the American Badass Taker. It completely killed his character at the time. If he was going to do that gimmick he should have waited till 2005. Going from that epic Ministry Evil Taker to ABA was super lame.

He was kind of transitioning into it near the end of the Ministry run. Started showing up in jeans and bandanas, talking about bikes, I'm pretty sure he arrived at a few shows on a bike, even started doing some of his MMA inspired moves. Then he vanished and was full on Biker Taker when he came back. But it wasn't an out of the blue thing.

Anyone still getting "Media Error: Video not available" errors?
It was working fine for me up until a few days ago with either Unblock Us or Hola Unblocker, but neither work for me now in Chrome or IE.
Works fine on my iPad or iPhone with the Unblock Us DNS settings, weirdly.

Downhome

I just went back to watch the start of WW3 '95, just the entrances. Two things...

-I totally forgot that The Yeti walked out wearing...well...whatever that was.

-Steven Regal at the very start. Seriously. Go start this match up and skip to when they are all in the ring and Buffer is about to do his thing. Watch his entire announcement but do not focus on Buffer. Focus behind him and just witness the perfection of Regal and his facial expresions. One of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

PaulLFC

WWE have said on Facebook they won't remove content, and have apparently "passed on" info about the missing Raw episodes. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. From /r/wwenetwork:

7Sr9eqy.jpg

Anyone still getting "Media Error: Video not available" errors?
It was working fine for me up until a few days ago with either Unblock Us or Hola Unblocker, but neither work for me now in Chrome or IE.
Works fine on my iPad or iPhone with the Unblock Us DNS settings, weirdly.
Go to the Unblock-Us site and log in, then on the homepage see if it says "Looks like your IP address has changed, click here to activate it" - do that and then try the video again.

Whenever I've got the media error, that's been the cause.

Top Bottom