• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

strobogo

Banned
Post WrestleMania 9 Raw

Doesn't start off with the new champion
Doesn't start off with either of the former champion
Hell doesn't even start off with an in-ring promo

Times have changed

I'm pretty sure the Raw after WM was taped weeks in advance anyway, so the lack of Bret/Hogan/Yoko makes sense to not spoil WM for the crowd. Something of which WCW had zero problems doing when they'd have guys come out with titles they haven't even won yet and wouldn't win for like 2 months because they taped so far in advance.

krae_man

I'm pretty sure the Raw after WM was taped weeks in advance anyway, so the lack of Bret/Hogan/Yoko makes sense to not spoil WM for the crowd. Something of which WCW had zero problems doing when they'd have guys come out with titles they haven't even won yet and wouldn't win for like 2 months because they taped so far in advance.

I went to a Saturday Night Main Event taping in March the Tuesday after the first Nitro in Canada and it didn't air on TBS until May. Security took my

Nobody
Wants
Oldtimers

Sign. I also remember Raven being super over and they reshoot his entrance with his partners theme instead of his to quash the major pop he got.

Penguin

For some reason thought the early Raws were live and then eventually went to a taped format.

blurrygil

Scott Steiner is fucking scary in HD. Not just his actual body, but in the way that now it is really easy to see how often he is drilling dudes full force in the head/back of the head/base of the neck.

Hahahahaha I know, right? The stiffest to work with since the Warrior, then gets massive main event status push towards the end of the WCW days. WTF...??

Man, late WCW was a fucking mess. I tried to sit through Bash at the Beach 99 and just couldn't do it. JEFF JARRETT IS LAYING DOWN, AND VINCE RUSSO IS THROWING THE TITLE AT HOGAN. IS THIS PART OF THE SCRIPT? What a shitshow.

I present this as Exhibits A, B and C, Your Honor...

Post WrestleMania 9 Raw

Doesn't start off with the new champion
Doesn't start off with either of the former champion
Hell doesn't even start off with an in-ring promo

Times have changed

I think this is the way it should be, imo.

MattyH

id been watching the live feed all day then about 4:30 GMT it started to stop and start and freed (royal rumble 12) on demand is fine though has anyone else experienced this

blurrygil

Royal Rumble 14 is completely uncensored ^_^

As in 2014? Is it posted now?

In other news: All weekend, streamed everything from the Live Feed to Archived stuff 100% NO ISSUES!!

Via PS4, Surface Pro (Win8 via IE) and Roku 2 HD.

Oh, and the Roku app is tits. Streams like Undertaker magic...whatever that means. :-D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
As in 2014? Is it posted now?

In other news: All weekend, streamed everything from the Live Feed to Archived stuff 100% NO ISSUES!!

Via PS4, Surface Pro (Win8 via IE) and Roku 2 HD.

Oh, and the Roku app is tits. Streams like Undertaker magic...whatever that means. :-D

yes
it was up this morning. Just finished watching it.

Jamie OD

Jimmy Snuka's promo with Tommy Dreamer in the earliest ECW Hardcore TV episode is weirdly great. He is so drugged out of his mind he can't decide whether he should look at Dreamer or the camera. Besides that it has a cool dynamic of young Dreamer having a dream come true while Snuka is insulted because he thinks Dreamer is calling him an old man.

izKvNHxrX4SqD.gif

He was so good.

Recall

Anyone else having issues recently reaching the Network website? Have they began clamping down on us european fans? :(

Gigarator

Alright so I didn't have funds in my PayPal account, so I got an email from WWE telling me to update my info. They included this paragraph and it's cracking me up with how corny it reads.

As a subscriber, you know that WWE is more than just a network - it's a movement. It's not just something you watch, it's something you DO. You have already shown the world that you're not afraid to take a stand when it really matters. Now, we face one of the most critical and difficult times in our nation's history. No matter how hard it gets, WWE will remain committed to bringing you the most revolutionary, real-time, and relevant programming available anywhere.

YOU are the key to WWE movement

I almost feel like I'm signing up for the army.

Deadstar

On ps4 if you search for someone and play a clip you can't fast forward or rewind and it doesn't play the rating intro either. Also, now that I see how they are tagging the ppv's I can see why adding the back catalog of RAW/SMACKDOWN is going to take a while. They need to tag every show so you can skip around.

elektrixx

Banned
I cancelled my subscription. I could never make it work properly (in Australia). The live stream never worked without buffering to hell and the show I really wanted to watch (Legends Of Wrestling) would NEVER load more than three seconds of video.

Anth0ny

Alright so I didn't have funds in my PayPal account, so I got an email from WWE telling me to update my info. They included this paragraph and it's cracking me up with how corny it reads.

I almost feel like I'm signing up for the army.

jesus christ they can't be serious with this shit

Sonny Ono was an underrated manager.

Still the best managers ever

Brain
Hart
Slick
Sherrie
Fuji
Pearer
Hayman

I can't remember good managers after the Hogan era outside of Hayman. Hayman is classic manager awesome.

abundant

I was watching IYH: Canadian Stampede and I'm left wondering, has there been other times where the heels became faces and the faces became heels for just one night due to the location of the show?

The only incident like this, beside CS, that I can think of was at the November to Remember 97, where Shane Douglas became a face for one night only because they were in his home town.

I'm not talking about heels getting cheered BTW, I'm talking about reworking an entire match where the heel acts like a face and vice versa.

krae_man

Damn this Money in the Bank match is great.

First time watching this particular one (WM 25)

Oh God. Money in the Bank has ruined WWE. Granted the match on it's own shouldn't have ruined anything but how they have booked all the winners has done WWE tons of harm.

They haven't used Wrestlemania to make a new star since Wrestlemania 21 with Batista and Cena and the MITB match first happened that mania. It wasn't so bad the first few where Edge, RVD, and Punk won them. Since them, every MITB winner has been made to look like the biggest most worthless pile of crap before winning the ladder match and then again after winning it. When they finally win the title, they have no credibility.

Remember when Edge pinned Noob Saibot at the same moment he tapped to the Crossface beating HHH for the World title, then beat HBK at the Royal Rumble?

He then won the MITB match and preceded to:

Beat Noob Saibot in a Last Man Standing match
Win the Gold Rush tournament
Won the Matt Hardy Feud

LOL Damien Sandow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Brain
Hart
Slick
Sherrie
Fuji
Pearer
Hayman

I can't remember good managers after the Hogan era outside of Hayman. Hayman is classic manager awesome.

I dunno dude, Onoo was pretty useless. I remember ZERO promos from him, ZERO effect...just nothing.

Even worthless-ass Mr. Fuji at least has some memories. Onoo just made some ninja star with Bischoff and went into business with him.

jred2k

Brain
Hart
Slick
Sherrie
Fuji
Pearer
Hayman

I haven't seen any of his older work, but Zeb Colter/Dutch Mantel has been great in his current role.

I'm trying to use the search function on the PS4 app. I enter the key word.... and then what? Nothing happens even if I push X to select an auto fill option. It fills the word and then nothing. Pushing X again only adds the letter I have selected in the letter bar.

This makes no sense.

Try the circle button?

I don't personally have a PS4 yet, but I know that when the app came out they had it set up like Japanese Playstation games which use the circle for "yes" inputs and the x for "no" instead of the conventional western way which is opposite. I thought this was going to be fixed in the last patch but never got firm confirmation of this.

Don't know if that's actually the problem you're having. Might be worth a try though, even though it's completely counterintuitive for a US Playstation app.

Jamie OD

WWE Main Event will now air live on the Network every Tuesday at 7pm Eastern until Wrestlemania. In other words, they're now regularly testing live streaming so they will be prepared for Mania.

NoTacos

WWE Main Event will now air live on the Network every Tuesday at 7pm Eastern until Wrestlemania. In other words, they're now regularly testing live streaming so they will be prepared for Mania.

But isn't Main Event taped on Raw? or is it also segments from Smackdown?

Either way, its good that they get the bugs out of the way before mania. I was dying when the feed died/glitched out during ArRival.

Edit: Iv'e gotten 2 charges so far. 1 for a pending 9.99 payment and a new 9.99 payment. Hopefully one rolls over and I don't get another charge for April? :/

Soup Bar

So even after the email about the app being fixed by today on the 360, it's still not working. I hope they never make an MMO.

But isn't Main Event taped on Raw? or is it also segments from Smackdown?

Either way, its good that they get the bugs out of the way before mania. I was dying when the feed died/glitched out during ArRival.

Edit: Iv'e gotten 2 charges so far. 1 for a pending 9.99 payment and a new 9.99 payment. Hopefully one rolls over and I don't get another charge for April? :/

No. Superstars tapes before Raw. Main Event tapes before Smackdown.

Wow.

email from WWE said:
Dear Friend,

Thank you for signing up for your 1 week free trial of WWE Network. We hope you are enjoying your experience. In addition to 24/7 programming, we are proud to be offering you all 12 WWE PPVs, including the historic WrestleMania 30 hosted by Hulk Hogan on Sunday, April 6, live from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

As a reminder, once your free trial ends your account will be automatically converted into a paid subscription, and you will be billed $9.99 per month plus applicable taxes for WWE Network.*

If you do not wish to continue your subscription, please cancel your account before the conclusion of your 1 week free trial by following these instructions:

1. Go to WWE.com and log in.
2. Click on your name in the upper left-hand corner.
3. Click on “Billing Information” on the left side of the screen.
4. Click on the “cancel” link and confirm your cancellation on the next page.

If you require further assistance, please contact WWE Network Support at 1-866-308-5684.

Sincerely,
WWE Network

I'm actually shocked by the transparency of this. I totally expected them to not remind people that they'd be charged.

Good move, Vince. This actually wasn't carny at all.

okayfrog

Banned
That's good to know, Pristine. Hopefully I'll be able to get to my account in time when I get home so I can cancel my subscription. I guess I can do it at work, but Iunno, I don't like accessing my e-mail at work. It's weird. I don't want to pay for six months of the WWE Network before they get stuff like Nitro's and Thunder's and content other than PPV's up, but on the flipside, if they did happen to charge me, I wouldn't even be mad.

That's actually pretty cool, almost every other company never reminds free trial signups, hoping they forget and end up in a full sub.

antonz

uh... I cancelled last night. Yet, here I am watching the Raw pre-show.

When I click on billing information, I get this:

Am I good? I don't want to pay for this shit.

You should be fine. Even though you cancelled the trial doesn't end until whatever set hour they have your 7 days set to end at.

Top Bottom