• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Downhome

JUST LOOK AT THIS MAN...

fRMGoEe.gif

geomon

Anybody have trouble watching NXT tonight on the livestream? Had constant video and audio quality drops throughout the show, stuttering, it was a mess.

Man, watching some 2000 era PPV's, I forgot how OBCESSED I was with Molly Holly. I had such a huge crush on her when I was 11-12. She was too damn cute. Too bad she went brunette and then bald and I completely lost interest.

32.jpg

Edgeward

Alright, having trouble loading up the roku app all of a sudden saying failure to load show on start up and then it signed me out. Cant get back in.

foltzie1

Benoit is on the live stream right now, so I guess that's not something they try to avoid now.

There are sometimes advisory bumpers indicating that the characters are played by actors and their actions do not reflect the views of the company, thus it covers Benoit, Zumhofe, Dr. D, ect.

But it mostly covers Benoit.

strobogo

Banned
There are sometimes advisory bumpers indicating that the characters are played by actors and their actions do not reflect the views of the company, thus it covers Benoit, Zumhofe, Dr. D, ect.

But it mostly covers Benoit.

I haven't seen any advisories on anything so far.

Hasney

Watching Tajiri and Super Crazy's debut in ECW. Tajiri looks weird clean shaven and I never knew Super Crazy worked at WWF before ECW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Tajiri and Super Crazy's debut in ECW. Tajiri looks weird clean shaven and I never knew Super Crazy worked at WWF before ECW.

Tajiri gained SO MUCH by growing facial hair. He was a nobody without it.

blurrygil

I have always hated the way the ring mat sounded in WCW. Just didn't sound like it had any impact like the WWF ring

That's because WWF/E rings are infamous in design to sound that way. Many performers, albeit older ones, have lauded working in them.

But I agree. WWF/E rings sound totally awesome.

Man, Gorilla Monsoon really did overuse the Pearl Harbor comparison on commentary.

The place goes bananas a lot too.

"BUT IT'S PANDEMONIUM HERE...!!!"

strobogo

Banned
That's because WWF/E rings are infamous in design to sound that way. Many performers, albeit older ones, have lauded working in them.

But I agree. WWF/E rings sound totally awesome.

"BUT IT'S PANDEMONIUM HERE...!!!"

360 is his most over used phrase and he almost always actually means 180. Jesse finally called him out on it I believe at WM5.

Bandini

Just peeped some Over the Limit 2012 for the Bryan/Punk match I hadn't seen, which was good as advertised. What I didn't expect was seeing Christian win the battle royale AND the intercontinental title. So clutch.

joeposh

Are the entrance themes for NXT wrestlers handled by someone different than the main roster? Because they're incredible.

joeposh

They're real songs, so yes. I think they bought a library of like 5000 songs for NXT.

Interesting... The music for the Wyatt Family, Fandango, Emma and now Adam Rose do so much to establish their characters without them having to utter a word. The contrast when main roster guys come down for a cameo is almost painful (see Stephanie McMahon's music followed by Emma's last week).

Rapstah

I don't think they use the same music system for NXT since they launched on the Network. It's still a lot of real songs but it's not the same library of real songs they used to have in NXT (and at FCW).

Rapstah

I'm pretty sure Emma's music is from the same library since it was her NXT music before it was her main roster music.

Oh, absolutely. Fandango's is a Johnston song, the Wyatts' and now Adam Rose's are purchased/licensed real songs, and most of the new music at ArRIVAL is CFO$. The Ascension's new music may actually be library music.

blurrygil

360 is his most over used phrase and he almost always actually means 180. Jesse finally called him out on it I believe at WM5.

Oh that's right....aaahhhahahahahahaha!! I remember that. And then went into one of those conversations about it like they would cover up the mics so keep it on the d/l.

Which brings up a similar thing...

For those who groan at how awful and repetitive Cole, Lawler and JBL can be, but remember the "good times" of Gorilla and Heenan:

GET OFF IT!!!

Heenan/Vince/Gorilla was just as bad with their token phrases, poor calling of the match(es), and general dialogue. Some of it was hilarious, sure. But man, much of it was just groan-worthy. Check out the old matches and tell me I'm wrong. ;-)

And just for kicks, my 5 personal faves in order:

Joey Styles (PbP) > Mike Tenay (WCW/color) > Jim Ross (Early WWF era) > Vince (New Gen era) > Lawler (Attitude Era; color)

Hasney

Interesting... The music for the Wyatt Family, Fandango, Emma and now Adam Rose do so much to establish their characters without them having to utter a word. The contrast when main roster guys come down for a cameo is almost painful (see Stephanie McMahon's music followed by Emma's last week).

Wyatt is a separate deal. He found it himself on some random guys page and asked WWE to license it for him, then managed to talk them into carrying it up to the main roster as well.

strobogo

Banned
Oh that's right....aaahhhahahahahahaha!! I remember that. And then went into one of those conversations about it like they would cover up the mics so keep it on the d/l.

Which brings up a similar thing...

For those who groan at how awful and repetitive Cole, Lawler and JBL can be, but remember the "good times" of Gorilla and Heenan:

GET OFF IT!!!

Heenan/Vince/Gorilla was just as bad with their token phrases, poor calling of the match(es), and general dialogue. Some of it was hilarious, sure. But man, much of it was just groan-worthy. Check out the old matches and tell me I'm wrong. ;-)

And just for kicks, my 5 personal faves in order:

Joey Styles (PbP) > Mike Tenay (WCW/color) > Jim Ross (Early WWF era) > Vince (New Gen era) > Lawler (Attitude Era; color)

No way, even as repetitive as they were, nothing beats Gorilla/Brain, Gorilla/Jesse, Vince/Jesse. Also, Mikey Tenay fucking sucks and always has. He was a lame asshole nerd dropping stupid references and thinking he was super cool for them. Fuck Mike Tenay. He's proof that knowing the names of moves doesn't mean dick.

Top Bottom