• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

DMczaf

Will The Kat showing her tits at Armageddon '99 be left in? And both those times Jacqueline's tits got exposed during those UK PPVs?

According to Meltzer, the only edits will be for music they no longer have the rights to. Also, these PPVs are straight from the archive. They are not the home video versions. So things like Hogan being booed at Rumble 92 for pulling Sid out will be untouched . And, attitude era nudity!

ElRenoRaven

Downloaded and ready to go. Monday morning can't come soon enough. It will be interesting if their site can handle the sign up.

This may have been asked already but obviously Elim Chamber wont be live on the app but have they said if it will be available as an encore on Monday? Cuz if so ill just avoid spoiler until the app launches.

ElRenoRaven

This may have been asked already but obviously Elim Chamber wont be live on the app but have they said if it will be available as an encore on Monday? Cuz if so ill just avoid spoiler until the app launches.

I doubt it. Probably won't come till after all the PPV replays are done and they usually have replays for about a week afterwards. So I'd probably not expect it till about a month out at the absolute earliest.

Penguin

Last we heard, it wouldn't arrive until mid-March, but who knows

They change their minds often.

According to Meltzer, the only edits will be for music they no longer have the rights to. Also, these PPVs are straight from the archive. They are not the home video versions. So things like Hogan being booed at Rumble 92 for pulling Sid out will be untouched . And, attitude era nudity!

Wonder if this will extend to their most recent stuff that still has an effect on storylines, will they mute the vitriol batista received in the rumble for instance...

Aiii

So not worth it
Last we heard, it wouldn't arrive until mid-March, but who knows

They change their minds often.
They have to honor their PPV contacts with the cable companies. They aren't uploading EC right away because the companies want to sell the replay.

Hasney

They have to honor their PPV contacts with the cable companies. They aren't uploading EC right away because the companies want to sell the replay.

Do we know if the ones shown live on the network will be uploaded straight after? I barely watch live PPV due to having a job and being in the UK,

Can't see why they wouldn't, but there might be weird contractual things.

krae_man

I don't really believe this. Maybe for Raw's, Smackdowns, and lots of the archival footage that exists due to the amount of time it would take to edit thousands of hours of footage. The WWE PPV's however have already been censored and released on VHS or DVD. I fully expect One Night Stand to be a dubbed over pile of crap instead of completely unedited minus Enter Sandman.

Aiii

So not worth it
Do we know if the ones shown live on the network will be uploaded straight after? I barely watch live PPV due to having a job and being in the UK,

Can't see why they wouldn't, but there might be weird contractual things.
Yes, new PPV's can be watched from the beginning even as they are still streaming live, so even if you come home 15 minutes after it starts you can already watch it from the beginning.
I don't really believe this. Maybe for Raw's, Smackdowns, and lots of the archival footage that exists due to the amount of time it would take to edit thousands of hours of footage. The WWE PPV's however have already been censored and released on VHS or DVD. I fully expect One Night Stand to be a dubbed over pile of crap instead of completely unedited minus Enter Sandman.
The entire library on the network comes from the master footage and will be uncensored aside from music, rated TV-14 or TV-MA with disclaimers shown before where appropriate.

What's to stop someone from getting a prepaid Visa for $10 and signing up to get a month and Mania for $10? They wouldn't be able to charge you for the next 5 months.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What's to stop someone from getting a prepaid Visa for $10 and signing up to get a month and Mania for $10? They wouldn't be able to charge you for the next 5 months.

I think they could probably do a $60 hold/authorization?

Found some official details here. Seems like it's a rolling six-month commitment.

My point is they don't charge the $60 up front, like you had indicated. In theory, yes, you could use a Visa prepaid and just pay for one PPV.

Not sure what they'd do other than ban your (presumably fake) account.

Carnby

It's the same way any other website forces a minimum-term commitment, isn't it? I seriously doubt they're going to get people to actually sign legally binding contracts for this.

"click YES to accept the Terms of Service".

iMax

My point is they don't charge the $60 up front, like you had indicated. In theory, yes, you could use a Visa prepaid and just pay for one PPV.

"click YES to accept the Terms of Service".

Hardly enforceable. I could just put in a load of fake info, couldn't I? Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

They can do it like how Xbox does it. Lock your account until you pay up?

iMax

Sounds like they're accepting Paypal as well. Bodes well for anyone who is going to try to subscribe outside the US, right?

You'll almost certainly need a VPN.

But it's Vince, so I can see him just putting up the bare minimum geo-restrictions.

moneyo.gif

Carnby

So it seems the "free trial" is only on WWE.com. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There are reports that the one-week WWE Network free trial that will be offered on Monday is just for viewing the Network on WWE.com. We're still waiting on confirmation but WWE's announcement of the trial states the following: "Beginning at 9:00 a.m. ET on Monday, and for a limited time, WWE will offer a free one-week trial of WWE Network at WWE.com.

Malajax

So it seems the "free trial" is only on WWE.com. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Or maybe that's the only place where you can sign up for the free trial. Then you're able to access it wherever the network is offered?

Even if this is not the case, you're trying way too hard. That's not a deal breaker.

Carnby

Or maybe that's the only place where you can sign up for the free trial. Then you're able to access it wherever the network is offered?

Even if this is not the case, you're trying way too hard. That's not a deal breaker.

Buddy, I'm not trying to do anything. I hope that I am wrong. Otherwise I am holding off until next week to sign up. I want my monthly bill to be near the first of each month.

Top Bottom