• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Carnby

I just screen captured this on WWE.com.

I've given up on Raw and Smackdown replays being a feature, but they really need stop giving false hope.

I've given up on Raw and Smackdown replays being a feature, but they really need stop giving false hope.

Doesn't say replays of current Raw and SD!. We know it'll have Raw and SD! from 2012 and 2013. That's probably what they mean by replays. Or not. I guess we'll see.

GQman2121

Banned
So 1996 would be a good start year for WCW?

I would honestly say no. Go back even further to when Jim Crockett bought the Georgia territory and watch some of the Flair and Steamboat stuff from the mid to late 80's leading into what would become WCW once Crockett sold everything to Turner. You'll then have a good understanding of the NWA title and why it was such a big deal in 91' when Flair showed up in the WWF with WCW's top belt. That's actually when I'll sign up for the network. When we're able to just watch week after week of shows and jump between the two companies and see the overlap of talent.

What's the framerate? 30fps or 60fps like live tv? I looked over the OP and didn't see anything, so I'm not sure if it's even known yet.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
LOL at fans saying they won't sign up after the horrible EC PPV.

Come on guys, it's WWE....just lol.

To be honest, I just wanted the network for the cheap PPVs anyway, but I've lost interest in the product, and what they're offering doesn't seem that appealing to me. I can't really see myself signing up.

Kaladin

To be honest, I just wanted the network for the cheap PPVs anyway, but I've lost interest in the product, and what they're offering doesn't seem that appealing to me. I can't really see myself signing up.

I have a feeling you're going to change your mind when you see the On Demand content.

Hell, I'm in just for the ECW TV....I'm gonna binge that shit like nobody's business.

strobogo

Banned

You must be just like me: Waiting for the full run of Action Zone and the NY market version of Shotgun Saturday Night.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I have a feeling you're going to change your mind when you see the On Demand content.

Hell, I'm in just for the ECW TV....I'm gonna binge that shit like nobody's business.

I'm checking out the trial just to see how it goes. I think I'll probably sign up eventually, but not right now.

You must be just like me: Waiting for the full run of Action Zone and the NY market version of Shotgun Saturday Night.

Stro knows.

RobbieNick

I can't believe they don't even have replays of RAW and Smackdown. Looks like I'm keeping my Hulu Plus for the time being.

Dante316

What's the framerate? 30fps or 60fps like live tv? I looked over the OP and didn't see anything, so I'm not sure if it's even known yet.
Hmmm im not sure if its a serious question. Its just like any streaming service from Netflix and hulu. What does framerate have to do with tv

Dante316

They advertising replays of raw and smackdown and your saying they won't do that? Its already on hulu plus, it would be dumb to ignore their own app. Plus it makes no sense to not show that.

so, if i get a chrome cast, and run hot spot shield on my android device, can i stream the network to my tv?

or do i just use an hdmi cable directly from the phone?

Mayb u mean the resolution? 720p vs 1080p? Because framerate doesn't make sense to me at all.

Nah, it doesn't run nearly as smooth on Hulu as it does on tv. Like watching a youtube clip of Raw vs watching it on TV live. I haven't seen it on their in a while, but I stopped watching it due to how much worse it looked(along with cut content) and just started recording it again.

This may have been posted already, but just found this in the FAQ:

"12. Will encores of Raw, SmackDown and Main Event be on WWE Network?
The Best of Raw and SmackDown from 2012 and 2013 will be available on WWE Network.".

Ughhhh.

Edit; Doh, I see it was sort of mentioned above.

Still though, this sounds like those 9 hour DVD compilations, not actual Raw replays from those years.

PaulLFC

I wonder if there'll be any content available once sign ups are live? I doubt it, since they did say it launches properly after Raw later, but it'd be nice to have some on demand content available straight away even if the 24/7 programming aspect isn't live.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder if there'll be any content available once sign ups are live? I doubt it, since they did say it launches properly after Raw later, but it'd be nice to have some on demand content available straight away even if the 24/7 programming aspect isn't live.

The on demand stuff is available right away. Live programming doesn't start until after Raw, but the on demand content is available at 9 AM.

The on demand stuff is available right away. Live programming doesn't start until after Raw, but the on demand content is available at 9 AM.

Even this isn't true. They have programming scheduled for the morning. And there's a Raw Pre-game show scheduled.

EDIT: New info from their FAQ:

-Yes, 2012 and 2013 replays of Raw and SmackDown are available on WWE Network's ever-growing video-on-demand library. Current episodes of RAW and SmackDown will be available on-demand 30 days after their original air date on USA and Syfy.

Forkball

I'm confused. Does this or does this not have all the Raws/Nitros/THUNDERS at day one or is that coming latter? Didn't Joey Styles say that ECW TV would be on the network?

Also poor non-American countries. Though by the time it comes out elsewhere they will probably have the kinks worked out. Maybe.

Vylash

Less than 2 hours

get

hype

bashambrothers.png

styl3s

LOL at fans saying they won't sign up after the horrible EC PPV.

Come on guys, it's WWE....just lol.
$10 for every ppv ever and current ppvs live every month? Even a bitter dumb smark can't pass that up.

Even this isn't true. They have programming scheduled for the morning. And there's a Raw Pre-game show scheduled.

EDIT: New info from their FAQ:

-Yes, 2012 and 2013 replays of Raw and SmackDown are available on WWE Network's ever-growing video-on-demand library. Current episodes of RAW and SmackDown will be available on-demand 30 days after their original air date on USA and Syfy.
30 days after they air? lolwut

Oh well, guess i will resort to watching live and the day after on other legal streaming sites.

korly

Sign ups work on the website, and then you can watch some of the on-demand content from the phone app. Not much there right now.

Vylash

They don't have every NXT up, Network is a failure

edit: tried watching money in the bank from last year, which according to the network is 5 seconds long

Top Bottom