• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Kaladin

From the latest trailer:

OEJkL4u.jpg

There is also a Total Divas icon. I don't think they mentioned that show being on there before.

Ferny

Or maybe that's the only place where you can sign up for the free trial. Then you're able to access it wherever the network is offered?

Even if this is not the case, you're trying way too hard. That's not a deal breaker.
I agree...so what if it's only on WWE.com? You'll know pretty quickly whether you want to continue with it or not.

I think we knew this a few weeks ago, but as we've seen in this thread, people will continue to ask every basic question for all of the times.

That's what I was saying last page (50ppp). It's very old news that you won't be charged $60 up front.

As for me, last time I watched wrestling was 1999...and yet, this interests me. Free week trial, for sure.

Kaladin

Do we know anything more about the situation with ads on the network?

They've said that most content will be ad free but some content will have ads in them. I take that as meaning that they won't add any ads to the show on the Network side, but some of their programs have their own ads produced in the show as part of the program. Like when they had Rey Mysterio do a supersoaker spot on Summerslam and things of that nature. Or Jim Ross saying Raw has been brought to you by Skittles, fruity, fruity, fruity Skittles.....those things are in and could be seen as ads by some people.

iMax

They've said that most content will be ad free but some content will have ads in them. I take that as meaning that they won't add any ads to the show on the Network side, but some of their programs have their own ads produced in the show as part of the program. Like when they had Rey Mysterio do a supersoaker spot on Summerslam and things of that nature. Or Jim Ross saying Raw has been brought to you by Skittles, fruity, fruity, fruity Skittles.....those things are in and could be seen as ads by some people.

Oh, that's cool. I just don't want to watch adverts before buffering like on WWE.com right now.

NoTacos

How will the billing work for the first 6 months? Do they charge $60 all at once or $10 a month for 6 months even if you cancel before the commitment?

RkOwnage

How will the billing work for the first 6 months? Do they charge $60 all at once or $10 a month for 6 months even if you cancel before the commitment?

really? It's like at the top of the page. 9.99 a month, 6 month commitment, it's likely if you cancel before the 6 months, they'll still charge you the total $60.

Edit: Wasn't clear, but yes, 9.99 a month, not $60 up front.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

You could read the page you posted on, at least.

HT UK

Got the app installed on my PS4 via my US PSN account, just incase that happens to work.

Backup plan is VPN on the PC :)

Kaladin

15 hours and 30 minutes......hype.

It would be a mistake for them to not run the clock the entire PPV tonight....but of course, they probably won't.

I haven't been this excited for something wrestling related since the first ECW One Night Stand.....that is how hype I am right now.....or maybe even the first time I watched Ring of Honor.....that's how excited I am for this Network launch.

NoTacos

really? It's like at the top of the page. 9.99 a month, 6 month commitment, it's likely if you cancel before the 6 months, they'll still charge you the total $60.

Edit: Wasn't clear, but yes, 9.99 a month, not $60 up front.

Thanks for clearing that up.

strobogo

Banned
So 1996 would be a good start year for WCW?

PPV wise, I would watch the 1991-1992 stuff first. So many good matches with Austin, Barry Windham, Brian Pillman, Dustin Rhodes, prime Vader, arguably prime Sting, Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton. Great wrestling, though much different than the great wrestling in 1996-1998.

Penguin

I don't know if it was here or Twitter, but weren't there plans to do a Beginner's Guide to Pro-Wrestling highlighting perhaps the best PPVs for each company to check-out

Shows worth watching, etc

I'll probably start a few months before 1996, see it come into it's 'golden age'.
I don't know if it was here or Twitter, but weren't there plans to do a Beginner's Guide to Pro-Wrestling highlighting perhaps the best PPVs for each company to check-out

Shows worth watching, etc
That sounds real good.

strobogo

Banned
Strobogo's Beginner's Guide to Pro Wrestling PPVs

WCW:

Great American Bash 1988
Chi-Town Rumble
Wrestle War 1989 (mostly for Flair vs Steamboat)
Great American Bash 1989
Wrestle War 1991
Superbrawl
Superbrawl II
Wrestle War 1992
Beach Blast 1992
GAB 1992
Halloween Havoc 1992
Superbrawl III
Slamboree 1993
Beach Blast 1993
Fall Brawl 1993
Halloween Havoc 1993
Starrcade 1993
Spring Stampede 1994
Slamboree 1994
Bash at the Beach 1994
Uncensored 1995 for negative reasons
GAB 1995 only for Savage vs Flair
Starrcade 1995
Great American Bash 1996
Bash at the Beach 1996
Hog Wild
Fall Brawl 1996
Halloween Havoc 1996
Starrcade 1996
Uncensored 1997
Spring Stampede 1997
GAB 1997
Bash at the Beach 1997
Halloween Havoc 1997
Starrcade 1997 so you can see the beginning of the end
Souled Out 1998
Superbrawl VIII
Uncensored 1998
Spring Stampede 1998
Slamboree 1998
Great American Bash 1998
Bash at the Beach 1998
Halloween Havoc 1998
Starrcade 1998
Souled Out 1999
Superbrawl IX
Spring Stampede 1999
Slamboree 1999
Halloween Havoc (start of the Russo era)
Mayhem 1999 (just for Bret vs Benoit)
Slamboree 2000 (second Russo era)
Fall Brawl 2000
Superbrawl Revenge
Greed (last WCW PPV)

ECW:

Barely Legal 1997
Hardcore Heaven 1997
Living Dangerously 1998
Wrestlepalooza 1998
Heat Wave 1998
Guilty As Charged 1999
Hardcore Heaven 1999
Heat Wave 1999
Anarchy Rulz 1999
November to Remember 1999
Guilty as Charged 2000
Hardcore Heaven 2000
Massacre on 34th Street
Guilty as Charged 2001 (last ECW PPV)

WWE list is going to take a lot longer

Speaking of how "awesome" WCW was, Fall Brawl 1993 is the PPV where the Shockmaster main evented. He wins the match for his team with a bear hug.

Kaladin

You're going to be so mesmerized by the WWE Network, that you will not be able to take the garbage out, rats will move into your home and the Government will be forced to come in and condemn it.

Top Bottom