• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

skysports-wwe-royal-rumble-2017-wrestling-wwe_3870962.jpg

Start Time: Sunday, January 29 | 7 PMET/4 PMPT
Where: The Alamodome in San Antonio, TX
Available On: Pay Per View and WWE Network

It's time for one of the most anticipated an unpredictable WWE pay per views of the year
that may leave us disappointed considering recent history.

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James and Natalya (Kickoff Match)

Several personal conflicts will come to a head when Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch & Naomi square off against SmackDown Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss, Mickie James & Natalya on the Royal Rumble Kickoff.

Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs Cesaro & Sheamus (c) - WWE Raw Tag Team Championship (Kickoff Match)

The rivalry between Raw Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus and Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson has grown so out of control that two WWE referees will be assigned to the title rematch this Sunday on the Royal Rumble Kickoff.

Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks (Kickoff Match)

After weeks of suffering pain at the hands of Nia Jax, Sasha Banks seeks payback on the Royal Rumble Kickoff.

Neville vs Rich Shawnn (c) - WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Neville will finally have his opportunity to officially claim his title of The King of the Cruiserweights when he challenges Rich Swann for the Cruiserweight Championship at Royal Rumble 2017.

Bayley vs Charlotte (c) - WWE Raw Women's Championship

Bayley proved to a thorn in the side of Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair in 2016. At the first pay-per-view of 2017, Royal Rumble, The Huggable One looks to turn her success against The Queen into championship glory.

John Cena vs AJ Styles (c) - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

WWE Champion AJ Styles defends against John Cena, who is chasing his 16th World Title, at Royal Rumble 2017.

Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens (c) - WWE Universal Championship

Chris Jericho be locked inside a shark cage when Roman Reigns challenges WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens in a No Disqualification Match at Royal Rumble.

30 Man Royal Rumble Match

It will be friend vs. friend, foe vs. foe, and every man for himself when the 30-Superstar Royal Rumble Match returns to WWE Network on Sunday, Jan. 29, with the winner going on to the main event of WrestleMania.

I'm highly anticipating the pop Kurt Angle gets when entering at #30

I'm going back and forth between Zayn or Balor winning.

Also, Never forget:

T5ZdBgn.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Y'all ready to #makeitawin when Titus makes his surprise entrance to the Rumble and eliminates Undertaker to win it?

Titus vs Undertaker. Once in a lifetime.

URAH URAH URAH URAH

atomsk

Party Pooper
those are gonna be some loooong matches for a 4 hour show.

WWE trying the Omega/Okada formula here?

Couleurs

This will be my first show since Summerslam, looking forward to it. Especially since this feels like the first year in a long time where there isn't an obvious Rumble winner going into the show

bigkrev

First time in years I'm excited for the Rumble itself, cause there are more than 2 guys who can actually win!

I'm guessing HHH and Samoa Joe are the 2 "surprise" participants, with Kurt Angle as the dark horse

JustinBB7

This will be my first show since Summerslam, looking forward to it. Especially since this feels like the first year in a long time where there isn't an obvious Rumble winner going into the show

Yea this is the best thing. And a bunch of rumors/possible surprise entrants like Joe/Kurt/Balor etc. Maybe none of them will appear but just the possibility makes it hype.

Also airport pics please.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Rumble usually lasts about an hour, and the rest of the card is about what you'd get with a normal 3 hour show.

I wouldn't call 4 matches a "normal 3 hour show"

Usually closer to 7-8

The three pre-show matches are on the two hour pre-show, not on the main 4 hour card. (also 6 hours is too damn much, but that's a different discussion)

So you've got 3 hours with just Owens/Reigns, AJ/Cena, Charlotte/Bayley, Swann/Neville

bigkrev

Usually closer to 7-8

The three pre-show matches are on the two hour pre-show, not on the main 4 hour card.

So you've got 3 hours with just Owens/Reigns, AJ/Cena, Charlotte/Bayley, Swann/Neville

You also are going to have SOMETHING involving Seth Rollins who isn't in the Rumble. And considering the size of the building, you are going to have Wrestlemania style entrances for most of the matches

Usually closer to 7-8

The three pre-show matches are on the two hour pre-show, not on the main 4 hour card. (also 6 hours is too damn much, but that's a different discussion)

Fuck, didn't realize half those were pre-show. Yeah, it's gonna be dire.

Anyway...

20161001_BLP522.jpg

atomsk

Party Pooper
You also are going to have SOMETHING involving Seth Rollins who isn't in the Rumble. And considering the size of the building, you are going to have Wrestlemania style entrances for most of the matches

Also some long ass video packages.

I expect HHH to be IN the Rumble, and then Seth runs out to confront him.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Is there room for Shane O Mac in the rumble? With how strong they've booked him this year, I half expect him to enter at 1 and eliminate like 20 people.

Lothar

Banned
I know it won't happen and the winner will be the worst possible choice like the last three years, but the only one that makes sense winning is Jericho. 1. He deserves it for carrying Raw along with KO this past year. 2. He deserves it for what he's done in the WWE since 1999. It's past time to give him some respect and a reward. 3. We all know we're getting Jericho vs KO at WM. A Rumble victory will provide the most natural reason for a split in their friendship to happen and it would make for the best storyline. 4. It'll be more interesting to see what Jericho will do after a Rumble win than anyone else on the roster. Instantly he would be at odds with Owens. That would be amazing. I want to see how his character would react to winning. With anyone else winning, I don't care how they would react.

JustinBB7

I know it won't happen and the winner will be the worst possible choice like the last three years, but the only one that makes sense winning is Jericho. 1. He deserves it for carrying Raw along with KO this past year. 2. He deserves it for what he's done in the WWE since 1999. It's past time to give him some respect and a reward. 3. We all know we're getting Jericho vs KO at WM. A Rumble victory will provide the most natural reason for a split in their friendship to happen and it would make for the best storyline. 4. It'll be more interesting to see what Jericho will do after a Rumble win than anyone else on the roster. Instantly he would be at odds with Owens. That would be amazing. I want to see how his character would react to winning. With anyone else winning, I don't care how they would react.

Yea I would love this, he deserves it. I don't want him and KO to split up, but they've been hinting forever that they will soon. So might as well reward him for his work this way.

Great points but here is the thing. Jericho doesn't need the title to make the match v KO to be amazing, it already will be! Give it to someone who needs a WM moment (ie not Taker, Goldberg or Lesner who will have their WM moment regardless)

No way, Jericho can't go. Dude is old, and he's a fun side act, but shouldnt be winning one of the most hyped Rumbles.

If they want to make an instant star, they need to give it to Sami Zayn or Smoa Joe. Both these guys can deliver and both can get a massive reaction from the audience.

Both are also fantastic on the mic. Sami is the most underutilized guy when you consider that he's the total package. Sami can toe off against Cena when it comes to delivering a promo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom