• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I know it won't happen and the winner will be the worst possible choice like the last three years, but the only one that makes sense winning is Jericho. 1. He deserves it for carrying Raw along with KO this past year. 2. He deserves it for what he's done in the WWE since 1999. It's past time to give him some respect and a reward. 3. We all know we're getting Jericho vs KO at WM. A Rumble victory will provide the most natural reason for a split in their friendship to happen and it would make for the best storyline. 4. It'll be more interesting to see what Jericho will do after a Rumble win than anyone else on the roster. Instantly he would be at odds with Owens. That would be amazing. I want to see how his character would react to winning. With anyone else winning, I don't care how they would react.

I would be ok with this, but its going to be Sami Zayn, so unfortunately it can't be Jericho. Zayn, Jericho, or Joe are the only people I am good with winning. I assume it will be a part timer winning though.

Zach

And be sure to check out WrassleGAF's Avatar Rumble LIVE tomorrow afternoon!

G8Z51Kf.png

Hey, Sephzilla. Will this be streaming on YouTube or what?

twitch.tv/sephzilla

Clegg

AJ/Cena is a WrestleMania main event worthy match. Cena beating AJ to equal Flair's record would be a huge WrestleMania moment. But having a third singles match at the Rumble between the pair suggests they're going in a different direction for Mania which is a shame.

Lothar

Banned
Great points but here is the thing. Jericho doesn't need the title to make the match v KO to be amazing, it already will be! Give it to someone who needs a WM moment (ie not Taker, Goldberg or Lesner who will have their WM moment regardless)

No one needs the title, but it would be great for them to have. Both for their story in giving them a solid reason for a split and a way of giving them respect for being the best part of most Raws this past year. KO could use a good WM moment.

Having them fight over the US title would just be insulting them and for no reason since no one else could make better of use of the world title. Roman Reigns or Undertaker certainly don't need it.

Gurrry

Ill be there! Its gonna be bad ass. Cant wait to see AJ vs Cena. If I walk out of there and Roman and Cean are our new champs... god help us all.

No one needs the title, but it would be great for them to have. Both for their story in giving them a solid reason for a split and a way of giving them respect for being the best part of most Raws this past year. KO could use a good WM moment.

Having them fight over the US title would just be insulting them and for no reason since no one else could make better of use of the world title. Roman Reigns or Undertaker certainly don't need it.

Hmm could they not have that with the Universal title and the winner of the rumble fight AJ?

Lothar

Banned
Both are also fantastic on the mic. Sami is the most underutilized guy when you consider that he's the total package. Sami can toe off against Cena when it comes to delivering a promo

You're forgetting that Sami is boring and doesn't even have a character. He shouldn't be pushed to the top unless he can come up with a more interesting character and personality. Sami vs anyone would create the most boring WM main event. Sami winning the Rumble would be like Ringmaster Steve Austin winning it in 1996.

TL21xx

Banned
Looks like a good chunk of WrassleGAF's Texas chapter is gonna be there, should be a great time! I'll be there as well, looking forward to the Rumble, they really have done a good job not telegraphing anything, but I'm pulling for a massive debut for Samoa Joe. Is there any plans for some sort of WrassleGAF meetup?

I'll also be in the nosebleeds for Takeover the night before. Looking forward to watching Nakamura live, that's gonna be quite an experience.

Jmille99

My one buddy will mark the fuck out if Joe comes out.

I'm thinking he might, but I dunno man.

I fully believe he will. In fact, I bet he will be the one to end the big men from the ring.

Lesnar throws Goldberg out.
Taker throws Lesnar out.
Joe throws Taker out.

As for a surprise entrant: Cody Rhodes
ha

Lothar

Banned
Hmm could they not have that with the Universal title and the winner of the rumble fight AJ?

What woulld make them split then? Right now Jericho is fine with Owens being Universal champion. But you can bet that would change if Jericho won the Rumble.

atomsk

Party Pooper
What woulld make them split then? Right now Jericho is fine with Owens being Universal champion. But you can bet that would change if Jericho won the Rumble.

Jericho drops a foreign object from inside the shark cage to help Owens, but Roman uses it and wins the Universal Title

KO/Jericho for the US belt at Mania (Owens wins, Jericho goes back on tour with Fozzy)

Lothar

Banned
Jericho drops a foreign object from inside the shark cage to help Owens, but Roman uses it and wins the Universal Title

KO/Jericho for the US belt at Mania (Owens wins, Jericho goes back on tour with Fozzy)

Yeah, that is probably the awfulness they will do. That's typical of them.

Better for them to fight with no title than insult them with the US title. (It means they're a mid card match, rather than a main event match)

well the problem is they have already teased the breakup enough that it has become a case of the boy who cries wolf and all that...

just have Jericho nail KO after he comes down from the cage and blame KO for putting him in there and go from there. Add KO saying he should be the US champ as well (after all it was 2 v 1) bring to the boil and serve!

Anth0ny

it's really obvious. they just made it a no DQ match too, right? so technically roman isn't cheating to win!

ugh

ShadyK54

Pretty excited for the Rumble match this year. A mixture of being there live plus not having the slightest clue who the clear winner this year will be makes for insane hype levels. Can't be any worse than the last few years...right?

Long as Ellsworth gets thrown out so hard he is out injured for 10yrs, all will be fine.

I want Joe to come out the number after Ellsworth and toss him around like a rag doll. Joe or Brock.

it's really obvious. they just made it a no DQ match too, right? so technically roman isn't cheating to win!

ugh

I did think about that. I wonder if they will tease KO getting the key and running up a ladder to open the cage. That might be interesting...

You're forgetting that Sami is boring and doesn't even have a character. He shouldn't be pushed to the top unless he can come up with a more interesting character and personality. Sami vs anyone would create the most boring WM main event. Sami winning the Rumble would be like Ringmaster Steve Austin winning it in 1996.

Take that back. What's everyone else's character on the roster?

Say it with me: Sami. Zayn. Sami Zayn.

It would be epic if Sting was a secret entrant, and he and taker had a staredown in the middle of the ring. Planting seeds for WM.

Lothar

Banned
well the problem is they have already teased the breakup enough that it has become a case of the boy who cries wolf and all that...

just have Jericho nail KO after he comes down from the cage and blame KO for putting him in there and go from there. Add KO saying he should be the US champ as well (after all it was 2 v 1) bring to the boil and serve!

Are you a WWE writer? :)

Unfortunately, something like this will probably happen. They never had much respect for Jericho. They won't even care enough to think how a split could organically happen. They'll just have Jericho turn on him out of the blue and blame him for stuff, you're right.

It would be epic if Sting was a secret entrant, and he and taker had a staredown in the middle of the ring. Planting seeds for WM.

Undertaker should come out #1, Sting should come out #2.

I thought Cena and Taker were matched up for Wrestlemania? So wouldn't it make sense that Cena beats Styles and Taker wins the Rumble?

somedevil

I thought Cena and Taker were matched up for Wrestlemania? So wouldn't it make sense that Cena beats Styles and Takers wins the Rumble?

If you want to know the rumored Undertaker match then read the spoiler:

Undertaker vs Roman Reigns

Also there is 8 spots left in the rumble.

I still except Apollo Crews to be in it to eliminate Ziggler to lead to a match at the smackdown pay per view 2 weeks later.

Ellsworth for joke elimination. Imagine him and Brock in the same ring.

Then the other 6 can be used for NXT, UK tournament guys and Balor if he cleared.

A while back I was 100% ready for Tye Dillinger to come out at number 10 (as its a pitch perfect way to debut the guy), but now I want it to be Miz and eat up all the boos of people expecting Tye.

Sephzilla

A while back I was 100% ready for Tye Dillinger to come out at number 10 (as its a pitch perfect way to debut the guy), but now I want it to be Miz and eat up all the boos of people expecting Tye.

Naw, Miz should enter at #30 and use Daniel Bryan's theme music

Are you a WWE writer? :)

Unfortunately, something like this will probably happen. They never had much respect for Jericho. They won't even care enough to think how a split could organically happen. They'll just have Jericho turn on him out of the blue and blame him for stuff, you're right.

Lol no just jaded ;)

WWE prefers moments over long term booking so they will want a moment to put on their intro reel (personally I hope its Jericho on KO and on the ramp for good measure ;) )

I think they scrapped that program. I've been hearing Balor and Taker.

I have been hoping that happens! Pass the "spooky entrance" torch on! 20 min entrances 10 min match ;)

Entropia

No One Remembers
The fantasy booking trope of "Have [mega heel] come out to [mega face]'s music" needs to stop.

It's really, really lazy... and it would be seen a mile away.

If D.Brine's music hit you ALL know it wouldn't be him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom