• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScribbleD

I wonder if it will be deadlocked at 3-3 after the first 6 matches.

Ooooh... the suspense.

Predictable and fantastic don't necessarily have to be at odds. Lucha Underground tackled a best of 5 series of matches really well. It started off with 2 friends and rivals having a show stealing match. They had such good chemistry that a rematch was set up and they had another great match. Dario, the heel authority figure, decided that since they paired so well together that he would force them to wrestle a best of 5 series for a "unique opportunity."

Predictably, they traded wins and losses and the series went 2-2 over the course of a few weeks. The matches were amazing and varied, and they built a story out of these friends growing more bitter with one another and more desperate with each match. Eventually instead of the two showing signs of sportsmanship, they were just showing disdain until someone finally won 3-2.

That said, this is WWE and that won't happen here and everybody knows it. This best of 7 is going to be full of the bad kind of predictable, little to no storytelling, a fart of a payoff, and probably a few good stiff matches that get very old because there won't be enough variation between the matches. Really, I just wanted to praise Lucha Underground.

I love how the Usos still get booed for being associated with Roman.

I like Breezeango. Are they even heels? Being vain is heelish?

A FUCKING COMMERCIAL?

They should have just done a Tornado tag with all 6 teams, we know that's how it's going to end up going at some point. Wait...they went to commercial? WTF!?

UberTag

Separate announce teams confirmed for tonight now.
Glad that Battleground crew didn't carry over. That said, I wonder if they'll leave all 6 guys out there to talk over one another for the Orton vs. Lesnar main event or if they'll just kick certain folks to the curb for that match.

I wonder if that "WWE Road Stories" show will be animated versions of guys' stories from the road. Could be fun.

Instead of the original atory bull shit, why not just tell some road stories. It'd cost dramatically less. Fucking morons.

Could be that with an animated recreation. Maybe not. We'll have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom