• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL SSF2THDR Tournament

CPS2

*Tournament ends February 28th whether it's complete or not. Please hurry up!

Bracket - updated frequently!

A few people were interested in this, and I checked with acr0nym to see if he minded if I set it up (it was his suggestion to have a GAF tourney), and here it is!

Rules:

-Remix mode only, no Classic mode!

-double elimination format (you have "2 lives" so even if you lose a whole match, you're still in it).

-each game is best 2/3 rounds, 99 second timer, default settings.

-each match is best 2/3 games. If you lose a whole match, you lose one of your "lives" and proceed to the loser bracket.

-no character bans at this stage, Akuma is allowed.

-you cannot switch characters unless you lose a game.

-random seeding.

-entry is open to anyone from GAF, if dropouts do occur, please replay the game from the same point (e.g. if I win round 1 and you drop out in round 2, when we replay that game you have to let me win a round, this is done to prevent people from cheating =P).

-please post all match results in the thread!

Signups!
-UC1 (CPS2)
-acr0nym (n33ss)
-yeb (yeb)
-tahrikmili (tahrikmili)
-jam86 (jam86)
-Eggo (Eggo)
-adversesolutions (adversity1)
-Relix (Lord Relix)
-djmattiepoo (djmattiepoo)
-Mr Sam (Blackberry Cake)
-Dax01 (?)
-jibblypop (torontoDowntown)
-Grifter (grifter 181)
-Enk (o ENK o)
-haunts (hauntsxl)
-A_Rival (ARivalSRK)
-lostzenfound (lostzenfound)
-Dartastic (Dartastic)
-Duelist (Duelist XI)
-SonOfABeep (Son of a Beep)
-negitoro7 (negitoro7)
-JEKKI (JEKKISTYLE)
-PhatSaqs (Saqs)
-Timedog (Chickeny Dinner)
-Bookey (Therealbookey)
-Caspel (Caspel)
-drohne (drohne)
-Tashi0106 (NYSTOFMIND23)
-aerofx (aerofx)
-andymcc (Mugiwara)
-TurtleSnatcher (MINI Pez)
-Ronabo (Ronabo)
-KittenMaster (Lv20Jeigan)
-Mister_Mingi (Mister Mingi)
-FreshOne (FreshOne81)
-xero273 (xero273)
-Nikashi (Nikashi)
-bistromathics (bistromathics)

Bracket - updated frequently!

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I'm in - Gamertag: Eggo. I assume this tournament is for remix, and not classic mode. Are you going to seed the players? I suggest not doing so.

CPS2

Yeah that's fine. There's gonna be frame skipping and stuff, but it's an online tourney anyway (not too serious).

yeb

I...
*looks at sign-up list*
Oh, I'm already there. Thank you, sir. I'm looking forward to it.

Mr. Sam

Cool I'l enter, not very good though. You planning on putting people with similar skill levels together? GT: Blackberry Cake

If I participate it would be my first time playing. Do I have to download the game or can I just forfeit my first match? I think if I just forfeit it will make it easier on everyone.

CPS2

Relix said:
If you need help making ladders and that kind of stuff let me know.
I'll just use an online bracket which keeps track of everything.

Mr. Sam said:
You planning on putting people with similar skill levels together?
It'll be totally random, but since it's double elimination you get a decent second chance.

Dax01 said:
If I participate it would be my first time playing. Do I have to download the game or can I just forfeit my first match? I think if I just forfeit it will make it easier on everyone.
If you don't have a copy of the game in time, you can forfeit the first match.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
My playtimes are pretty whacked and I suck balls so I guess I'll sit this out. Look forward to seeing how it plays out though.

My "money" is on Eggo.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
go ahead and add me, Caspel -- I wouldn't mind seeing if my SFIV skills can translate back to SFII.

aerofx

I'm in. GT: aerofx

are you going to send PMs when it starts? We should all put 1 one dollar and winner takes the pot. :D

CPS2

aerofx said:
I'm in. GT: aerofx

are you going to send PMs when it starts? We should all put 1 one dollar and winner takes the pot. :D

It starts on the 1st of next month, so 2 more days or so.

JEKKI

oh hi! may I make a suggestion to the rules??

can you add an extra first match that does not count?? a test match, to make sure everything is running smoothly and also to adjust to the lag.

so it would be one practice match, then the real 2/3 matches that count.

also since the practice match does not count, you can use whatever character you want and switch even if you won the match since u were jus playing it to mess around

I'll sign up. I'll be an easy win. I play it like I played it way back in the... mostly button mashing. I know... I know... I am ashamed of myself.

GT: Mister Mingi

/puts on Eye of the Tiger on stereo and starts playing Remix HD

EDIT: I have a headset.

CPS2

JEKKI said:

can you add an extra first match that does not count?? a test match, to make sure everything is running smoothly and also to adjust to the lag.

also since the practice match does not count, you can use whatever character you want and switch even if you won the match since u were jus playing it to mess around

I think this is fair enough because everyone's going to be in different timezones, some people might have to play first thing in the morning or whatever. When organising games it'd be best if people can state whether they have a headset, so they can sort out if they want a couple of warm up rounds. It is only 2/3 games per match, so it takes literally less than 5 minutes per match...

If anyone doesn't have a headset, they can say "2 warmup goes then the real thing" or whatever. We'll see how messy the thread gets, some of this might have to be done through PM. All the brackets and so forth will be in the OP, so that should be easy enough to read. All I need from the thread is results, so if they're in bold or something then pretty much any other discussion can take place.

Also another random note, I'm probably gonna run this in pools and then do a top 8. If that happens, I'll use the continuation method. So if you're top 2 in your pool but in the loser's bracket, you'll also be in the loser's bracket in the top 8.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
JEKKI said:

I think this is a bad idea, because there's possible confusion of someone not knowing there's a practice round and thinking it's real. Why not just adjust to lag on the fly? You have to do that in real games anyway.

Also, are you asking that people use a headset? I have one, but would prefer not to use it, as sound can give away whether you're button mashing or not.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Mister_Mingi said:
I'll sign up. I'll be an easy win. I play it like I played it way back in the... mostly button mashing. I know... I know... I am ashamed of myself.

GT: Mister Mingi

/puts on Eye of the Tiger on stereo and starts playing Remix HD

EDIT: I have a headset.
niiiice av :p

Eggo said:
I think this is a bad idea, because there's possible confusion of someone not knowing there's a practice round and thinking it's real. Why not just adjust to lag on the fly? You have to do that in real games anyway.

Also, are you asking that people use a headset? I have one, but would prefer not to use it, as sound can give away whether you're button mashing or not.

I agree with Eggo with this. It's the nature of the beast with online play. We need to keep things simple. Having practice rounds gives people an excuse to fight. "but...but..that was a practice round!!", etc.

Everybody here needs to deal with conditions presented in my opinion. We aren't in an arcade where things will be perfect.

Top Bottom