• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL SSF2THDR Tournament

CPS2

Having no practice matches will make it less likely to turn into a cluster fuck, so I'll just say: don't assume anything. If you want to practice, make sure the other person understands. Same deal with headsets and all that, it's not part of the rules or anything. Please don't come into the thread and say "I'm not sure who won." It's up to you guys to make sure you understand the rules, and if you want a practice game, make sure the other person knows it doesn't count (it's 100% up to you guys). For what it's worth I won't be needing any practice rounds.

This is about to get started! :D By my clock it's about 8 hours until Feb (probably a day earlier than most of you), so I'll have to say no more signups after this post, the brackets will be up later tonight.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
signups closed? no fair i didn't see this thread.

;_;

live tag = bistromathics in case OP takes pity...i'm really bad btw

CPS2

Haha yeah you can join, it's not quite Feb yet. I'm crashing a friend's house and won't have time to do brackets until tomorrow, so give me another 12 hours or so and it'll be ready. After that it'll be pretty much automatic, very straight forward.

negitoro7

No shame going out in the first round, it's gonna be no seeding. I don't like my chances if I'm matched up against the likes of haunts or phatsaqs. :lol

n3ss

aka acr0nym
negitoro7 said:
No shame going out in the first round, it's gonna be no seeding. I don't like my chances if I'm matched up against the likes of haunts or phatsaqs. :lol

You should be fearful of Eggo, Grifter, A_rival, and me as well. We got a lot of good comp on gaf :D

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
cool cool...sign me up! I have only been playing for the last week, but its a pretty fun game. When is this going down?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I hope my SF4 skills translate back to SS2 lol. Sagat is a beast in SF4 and nearly unbeatable, so I hope to mirror that success.

CPS2

Bracket is ready!

Matchups:

negitoro7 (negitoro7) vs adversesolutions (Adversity1) => winner plays Duelist (Duelist XI)

Timedog (chickenydinner) vs acr0nym (n33ss)

jibblypop (torontoDowntown) vs KittenMaster (LV20Jeigan)

Enk (o Enk o) vs TurtleSnatcher (Mini PEZ)

Relix (Lord Relix) vs Dax01 => winner plays Caspel (Caspel)

Bookie (therealbookie) vs Avatar1 (Avatar2)

UC1 (CPS2) vs yeb (yeb)

FreshOne (FreshOne81) vs Mister_Mingi (Mister Mingi) => winner plays Drohne (Drohne)

Eggo (Eggo) vs haunts (hauntsxl) => winner plays A_Rival (ARivalSRK)

Phatsaqs (saqs) vs aerofx (aerofx)

Dartastic (Dartastic) vs andymcc (mugiwara)

Tashi0106 (NYSTOFMIND23) vs lostzenfound (lostzenfound) => winner plays SonOfABeep (Son of a Beep)

jam86 (jam86) vs Nikashi (Nikashi) => winner plays djmattiepoo (djmattiepoo)

tahrikmili (tahrikmili) vs bistromathics (bistromathics)

Mr Sam (Blackberry Cake) vs Grifter (grifter 181)

Ronabo (Ronabo) vs xero273 (xero273) => winner plays JEKKI (JEKKISTYLE)

Please let me know if your name does not appear here, or appears twice, or anything strange like that (it should be fine...). Also please remember the rules, each game is best 2 out of 3 rounds, each match is best 2 out of 3 games. Double check the OP to make sure you know the rules. If you have any questions please ask! Play a match against your rival and then post the results here please. Start whenever you're ready! You can use this thread to plan matches, but please make the results easy for me to find (put them in bold).

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dax01 said:
If I participate it would be my first time playing. Do I have to download the game or can I just forfeit my first match? I think if I just forfeit it will make it easier on everyone.

Tell me when you are ready!

aerofx

wow what are the odds. I'm playing Phatsaqs. :lol

what time do you play saqs? This is going to be interesting.

yeb

UC1 said:
UC1 (CPS2) vs yeb (yeb)
Well, the timezone difference could be worse, I guess. :lol

When would you be able to play? Would 10:00pm my time (5:00pm in Sydney) be ok?

negitoro7

adversity, I just finished dinner, see you online in about 10 minutes.

Are you hosting or am I? Should we have a practice match since you're in Japan and it's quite a distance?

CPS2

yeb said:
Well, the timezone difference could be worse, I guess. :lol

When would you be able to play? Would 10:00pm my time (5:00pm in Sydney) be ok?

Yeah that should be fine. It's in about an hour from now, I'll be on then =]

CPS2

yeb beat me 2-1 vadernooooooooooooo! 2nd game was brutal :lol

edit: received a PM from negitoro7, he beat adversesolutions 2-0

new matchup ready: negitoro7 (negitoro7) vs Duelist (Duelist XI)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'll be playing for a couple hours, so if fresh one and mr mingi get through their match, i should be ready to go -- i'll try adding both of you on xbl

Bookey said:
avatar took our matches, good games man

Great games, Bookey! Came down to the last hit of the last round of the last match!! It was fun just messing around afterward too. Even our messing around we ended up with pretty even win/loss (you having edge though). Was great.

aerofx

PhatSaqs said:
Alright. I'll be back on around 1130 est

-_- just got home and my comcast connection is still screwed from last night. It's slow as sin right now, I called them up this morning expecting them to have it fixed by the time I got back but it seems they're not doing anything about it.

We played our match with bistromathics, 2/3 rounds out of 2/3 games. I won 2-0, but he's an incredibly sporting guy and very much fun to play with and talk to. He's definitely a keeper on my friend list. Thanks for renewing my faith in people on XBL mate! :D

PhatSaqs

Banned
aerofx said:
-_- just got home and my comcast connection is still screwed from last night. It's slow as sin right now, I called them up this morning expecting them to have it fixed by the time I got back but it seems they're not doing anything about it.
GGs aero! Saqs 2-0.

The bracket is incorrect.

I, Avatar2 won the match against Bookie(therealbookey)

Sorry if any confusion was due to to me.

Ronabo

Ronabo vs xero273 Ronabo wins 2-0

xero273 did switch characters after the first match. Reading the rules that is illegal correct?

xero273

Ronabo said:

xero273 did switch characters after the first match. Reading the rules that is illegal correct?

oops, sorry about. I misunderstood the rules.

-you cannot switch characters unless you lose a game.

I thought what it meant was after the first game which was blanka vs chun li, that I could switch character. Oh well sorry about that.

CPS2

Ronabo said:

It was fine for xero273 to switch characters. It would have been against the rules if you switched, because you won both games.

The bracket is incorrect.

I, Avatar2 won the match against Bookie(therealbookey)

Sorry if any confusion was due to to me.

Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out.

new matchup ready: Ronabo (Ronabo) vs JEKKI (JEKKISTYLE)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
From Drax:

"I was pretty sure that the post I made was sarcasm. I don't even have the game; I hate fighting games.

If it causes any problems, I forfeit. You win. Congrats."

:lol

CPS2

Relix said:
From Drax:

"I was pretty sure that the post I made was sarcasm. I don't even have the game; I hate fighting games.

If it causes any problems, I forfeit. You win. Congrats."

:lol

You vs Caspel plz :D

Duelist

Hey negitoro7, I accepted your FR. You up for our match some time today? I'm in EST time zone if that helps.

CPS2

Thanks for keeping it moving guys, a lot of matches been played so far.

If there's no objections, I'm gonna put some of my games up on youtube. Just so people have something to see when they come to the thread. Looking at a bracket and no games can be a little boring.

Top Bottom