• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL SSF2THDR Tournament

Nikashi said:
Man, I hate how I always choke when I'm playing 'for realz'. Also, IT WAS TOTAL BULLSHIT that you grabbed me out of a spinning backfist and managed to get all the damage out of it. It's like my pad wasn't acknowledging I was wiggling it like crazy heh.

i hate random throws thank god sf4 will put an end to that... FYI i was trying to do a headbutt i had more priority even if it came out but the throw worked out in my favor :)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
lost 2-0 to freshone :(

then we kept playing and i immediately did better once it didn't count for anything -- guess i'm no tournament player :lol

fun games though

yeb

That makes FreshOne my next opponent. FreshOne, if you're still around, I'm going to be on XBL for a while so feel free to send me a message.

CPS2

Current Matchups!

acr0nym (n33ss) vs jibblypop (torontoDowntown)

Relix (Lord Relix) vs Avatar1 (Avatar2)

yeb (yeb) vs FreshOne (FreshOne81)

Eggo (Eggo) vs haunts (hauntsxl)

Dartastic (Dartastic) vs andymcc (mugiwara)

lostzenfound (lostzenfound) vs SonOfABeep (Son of a Beep)

jam86 (jam86) vs tahrikmili (tahrikmili)

Mr Sam (Blackberry Cake) vs Grifter (grifter 181)

Drohne (Drohne) vs xero273 (xero273)

Caspel (Caspel) vs Nikashi (Nikashi)

KittenMaster (LV20Jeigan) vs TurtleSnatcher (mini PEZ)

djmattiepoo (djmattiepoo) vs bistromathics (bistromathics)

FreshOne

drohne said:
fun games though
Great matches, a lot of close ones. You've got Guile skills. I won the first two but went 5-7 overall.

Yeb, I'll be on tonight ~9 PST. If I don't catch you, I'm off all day tomorrow (work furlough, thanks Ahnold).

lostzenfound (lostzenfound) vs SonOfABeep (Son of a Beep)]

Just played this match - lostzenfound can back this up but I won 2-1.

Tough matchup for a gief player, but I didn't exactly hide my selection, looking at my avatar ;)

lostzenfound

Props to Son of a Beep, what he says is true. I knew he played Chun (strange that I remember random ranked matches but I did) and still didn't switch. I'm stubborn that way, and I don't care I love the 'gief.

God I hope no one in the loser bracket is playing Dhalsim.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
won 2-0 against xero273 -- good games dude

anyway, looks like i've got the tournament organizer himself next...i'll add you on xbl, and can play the match later this evening if you're on

xero273

drohne said:
won 2-0 against xero273 -- good games dude

anyway, looks like i've got the tournament organizer himself next...i'll add you on xbl, and can play the match later this evening if you're on

lol I need more practice. Both matches I was murdered. gg drohne.

yeb

FreshOne said:
Yeb, I'll be on tonight ~9 PST. If I don't catch you, I'm off all day tomorrow (work furlough, thanks Ahnold).
Great, I'll be on then.

Are there any deadlines for the earlier matches? There are still a number of people who haven't played their first match yet, and A_Rival doesn't even have an opponent yet.

yeb

yeb defeats FreshOne 2-0

GGs man. I kind of get the feeling I'm automatically going to be more used to fighting shotos than other people are against T.Hawk. :D

CPS2

I'll send some messages, wait another day at least before any DQs.

edit: I think it's pretty safe to DQ Mr. Sam for now. He's been banned and there isn't any contact info listed.

new matchups ready!

Duelist (Duelist XI) vs Ronabo (Ronabo)

Grifter (grifter 181) vs JEKKI (JEKKISTYLE)

Grifter

Sent FR to JEKKI. Thanks, UC, for running a tight tourney. We should constantly have one going. :D

Shame about Sam, we've had some messages on XBL but I never caught him on. Think he's in GMT.

CPS2

New matchups ready!

Dartastic (Dartastic) vs lostzenfound (lostzenfound)

andymcc (mugiwara) vs SonOfABeep (Son of a Beep)

Grifter said:
Sent FR to JEKKI. Thanks, UC, for running a tight tourney. We should constantly have one going. :D

Shame about Sam, we've had some messages on XBL but I never caught him on. Think he's in GMT.
Grifter is a beast.. whoever fights him.. be warned :lol

Lord Relix, I am ready to go tonight. Sorry for the wait. Been refinancing my house and I told you my crazy schedule lol.

CPS2

New matchups ready!

jam86 (jam86) vs Grifter (grifter 181)

A_Rival (ARivalSRK) vs Phatsaqs (saqs)

adversesolutions (Adversity1) vs aerofx (aerofx)

negitoro7 (negitoro7) vs Timedog (chickenydinner)

n3ss said:
so, are we still DQ'ing some people this weekend for holding up the tourny?

DQed Haunts and Eggo. Didn't want to, but they haven't posted here since signing up, and haven't responded to PMs.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lord Relix over Avatar1
(2-0)

That last one was too freaking close for comfort :lol GGs man.

CPS2

GGs with Drohne. There was a bit of a glitch with the sound, I couldn't quite hear everything you were saying, so I apologise if the conversation was a bit weird =P

aerofx, I'm in Tokyo time, so let me know when is good for you. Tomorrow my time is bad unless you want to play early morning your time (late my time). So day after tomorrow would work.

aerofx

adversesolutions said:
aerofx, I'm in Tokyo time, so let me know when is good for you. Tomorrow my time is bad unless you want to play early morning your time (late my time). So day after tomorrow would work.

I'm usually up pretty late, sometimes until 5am. Not sure if that falls into a good time for you.

JEKKI

FYI

UC1 / CPS2 jus sent me a message on xbox live.

He was my next matchup, but he is forfeiting his match to me becoz his computer died.

He also said he wants to hand over tournament responsibility to n3ss if it is okay with him.

2ronptc.jpg

14az9ya.jpg

his message told me to relay this info onto gaf so hear u guys are.

JEKKI

haha, well CPS2/UC1 jus jumped onto live and we got to have our match anyways!

JEKKI takes it 2-1

GGs sir. Get back on the internet soon!!

CPS2

Ah it works! The computer was resetting constantly and wouldn't power up all day. I just got a chance to take out the graphics card and RAM, put it back in, and :D it works. :lol

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Nikashi said:
Caspar I sent you a friend invite. I will be home tonight after 7:30pm and we can fight then.

What time zone? I sent you one like two days ago, so I'll check my friends list and accept yours.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Nikashi said:
Nikashi - 2
Caspel - 0

Good games Caspel, damn you for having played SFIV already :p

Yeah, close games. Can't wait for some SF4 tournies... going to get all the practice I can get. Hopefully Madcatz sends those sticks my way cuz SF4 is going to be incredible :).

jibblypop

Banned
n3ss - 2
jibblypop - 0

great games ness! you are truly and excellent player! now that you are on my friends list I'm gonna be bugging you for strategies! :D

negitoro7

Timedog, when do you wanna play?

I'm free to game during the weeknights usually after 6:00pm PST until 11:00pm (excluding wed and fri this week).

Top Bottom