• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL SSF2THDR Tournament

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
i only lost because i was eating pizza, smoking weed, doing the dishes, reading the phelps thread in off topic, and closing some after market stock trades at the same time that I was trying to play. I only had my thumb and ring finger free to try and control ryu.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Relix vs. Caspel

2-0

A bit of a rules confusion but he decided to grant me the win at the end. Chose last match as a 2 round match since he hosted, I told him to fight again but he conceded. Nice matches, nice guy as well. Playing for fun now :D

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Relix said:
Relix vs. Caspel

2-0

A bit of a rules confusion but he decided to grant me the win at the end. Chose last match as a 2 round match since he hosted, I told him to fight again but he conceded. Nice matches, nice guy as well. Playing for fun now :D

Yup. First match I was smoked playing as Sagat. He had a perfect against me lol. To tell you the truth, I hate playing on the right side since it throws me off so bad. But fighting against Chun Li doesn't matter which side you start off against since she's so agile. I was having a little input lag probs with my tiger uppercut, but still wouldn't have mattered.

Looks like I am rustier than I thought lol or maybe playing SFIV has thrown me off.

lostzenfound

Yo. I (lostzenfound) took my match with Tashi0106 (NYSTOFMIND23) 2-0.

Moving on to my match with SonOfABeep (Son of a Beep).

I fear this will be the end of me. I played SonOfABeep in a random ranked match before and he cleaned up.

aerofx

UC1 said:
Thanks for keeping it moving guys, a lot of matches been played so far.

If there's no objections, I'm gonna put some of my games up on youtube. Just so people have something to see when they come to the thread. Looking at a bracket and no games can be a little boring.

if anybody else can do that too it'd be cool. I want to try to record some too even if it'll took like turd. Goign to use a point and shoot.

CPS2

New matchup ready: Relix (Lord Relix) vs Avatar1 (Avatar2)

here's the matches we're still waiting for:

Enk (o Enk o) vs TurtleSnatcher (Mini PEZ)

FreshOne (FreshOne81) vs Drohne (Drohne)

Eggo (Eggo) vs haunts (hauntsxl)

Dartastic (Dartastic) vs andymcc (mugiwara)

lostzenfound (lostzenfound) vs SonOfABeep (Son of a Beep)

jam86 (jam86) vs Nikashi (Nikashi)

Mr Sam (Blackberry Cake) vs Grifter (grifter 181)

Ronabo (Ronabo) vs JEKKI (JEKKISTYLE)

Brackets here

JEKKI

I cant afford to turn off my bittorrent rite now so I cant log onto xbox o_O

I found sum real rare music from like hella years ago, and one seeder finally jumped on!!

Ronabo, I should be free after 5:30pm PST tomorrow... lemme kno what time is good to jump on

UC1 said:
New matchup ready: Relix (Lord Relix) vs Avatar1 (Avatar2)

here's the matches we're still waiting for:

Enk (o Enk o) vs TurtleSnatcher (Mini PEZ)

FreshOne (FreshOne81) vs Drohne (Drohne)

Eggo (Eggo) vs haunts (hauntsxl)

Dartastic (Dartastic) vs andymcc (mugiwara)

lostzenfound (lostzenfound) vs SonOfABeep (Son of a Beep)

jam86 (jam86) vs Nikashi (Nikashi)

Mr Sam (Blackberry Cake) vs Grifter (grifter 181)

Ronabo (Ronabo) vs JEKKI (JEKKISTYLE)

Brackets here

enk said he would be up for Tues/Weds. He has funky man work hours :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
hey good games lost. You definitely picked my least favorite character to play against. hahaha

Ronabo

JEKKI said:
I cant afford to turn off my bittorrent rite now so I cant log onto xbox o_O

I found sum real rare music from like hella years ago, and one seeder finally jumped on!!

Ronabo, I should be free after 5:30pm PST tomorrow... lemme kno what time is good to jump on

Ok sounds good.

I'm interested in what this rare music is :lol

Enk

makes good threads.
Enk vs TurtleSnatcher

2-1

Great games Mr.Snatch! Your Vega is pretty good. You should practice on keeping your flip kick handy at all times when in defense. Also when fighting Honda it's sometimes wise not to do your wall jump attacks. It's usually an easy counter for Honda.

Enk said:
Enk vs TurtleSnatcher

2-1

Great games Mr.Snatch! Your Vega is pretty good. You should practice on keeping your flip kick handy at all times when in defense. Also when fighting Honda it's sometimes wise not to do your wall jump attacks. It's usually an easy counter for Honda.
Great games Enk!

Thanks! I actually have just started playing Street Fighter last week! :eek:

I'm amazed I won that first match even.

I didnt use flip on your Honda only because I got a few Izuna Drops and Barb drops on you without you torpedoing me :eek:

I also have issues starting on the 2nd player side with the 360 pad lol which is what I was using :(

But overall... Great games.. We ddin't quite follow the 5 round rules :p

(Damn you and your cheap handslap/chunli kick attack characters :p)

CPS2

New matchups ready!

TurtleSnatcher (mini PEZ) vs Tashi0106 (NYSTOFMIND23)

jibblypop (torontoDowntown) vs Enk (o Enk o)

JEKKI

Ronabo is quite the gentleman... we couldnt connect for caca but he went out of his way to move his whole system and connection and whatnot to get us a successful match.

then JEKKI (JEKKISTYLE) took it, 2-0.

GGs dood!

Ronabo said:
Ok sounds good.

I'm interested in what this rare music is :lol
fyi, it's the 11 disc Outrun 20th Anniversary collection.

the only place u can find it is yahoo japanese auctions, and it's over $200!!

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Can we put a time limit on when these matches need to get done by? Like if one of the players doesn't post in here they are dropped from the tourny? this is taking forever!

Nikashi, if you read this thread, i've been trying to get in touch with you to get our match done, xbl message and PM here, let me know a good time/date to get our match done : )

CPS2

New matchups ready!

KittenMaster (LV20Jeigan) vs TurtleSnatcher (mini PEZ)

Ronabo (Ronabo) vs Mister_Mingi (Mister Mingi)

Ronabo

UC1 said:
New matchups ready!

KittenMaster (LV20Jeigan) vs TurtleSnatcher (mini PEZ)

Ronabo (Ronabo) vs Mister_Mingi (Mister Mingi)

Mister_Mingi is banned now so I hope I can get a hold of him on XBL.

CPS2

Ronabo said:
Mister_Mingi is banned now so I hope I can get a hold of him on XBL.

I sent an email to him with the bracket, and said I can pass on any messages he may have.

Also sent one to tahrikmili, he's following the bracket and is still going ahead with this. Looks like a few people got banned recently :lol

jibblypop

Banned
I think I won the match against ENK..

I won twice in a row but then we kept playing a third match and he beat me.. but you only have to win 2 right?

good games!

by the way ENK it looks like you could have smoked me if you picked that last character first!

Enk

makes good threads.
jibblypop said:
I think I won the match against ENK..

I won twice in a row but then we kept playing a third match and he beat me.. but you only have to win 2 right?

good games!

by the way ENK it looks like you could have smoked me if you picked that last character first!

Yeah when I was contemplating on who I was going to choose on the second round I didn't want to go with characters from my last match (which was Chun-li and Honda). I was going to go with Chun-li but decided on a character I used to be really good with but haven't used in a while. Oh well, great matches though!

Also we should have another tournament once more people get ahold of the joysticks and gamepads this month. I keep blowing matches due to the stupid d-pad not registering left and right correctly.

jibblypop

Banned
can you play now? I added you. n33ss right?

my tag is torontoDowntown.. so hopefully you should have a friend request waiting

n3ss

aka acr0nym
jibblypop said:
can you play now? I added you. n33ss right?

my tag is torontoDowntown.. so hopefully you should have a friend request waiting

was at work, just got home and added you. :D

Ronabo

Ronabo defeats Mister_Mingi 2-0

Mister_Mingi is a nice guy and it was a fun time playing with him. He's now on my friends list.

:D

ggs nikashi, Looking at brackets i play djmattiepoo (djmattiepoo) next :), pm soon.

edit: to make it easy for the OP...

jam86 2
Nikashi 0

Nikashi

Banned
Man, I hate how I always choke when I'm playing 'for realz'. Also, IT WAS TOTAL BULLSHIT that you grabbed me out of a spinning backfist and managed to get all the damage out of it. It's like my pad wasn't acknowledging I was wiggling it like crazy heh.

Top Bottom