• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

Rorschach said:
btw- I'll trade all my picks and my starting roster for Miller/Asomugha. Just putting that out there!

i will trade you patrick willis for the ghost of todd marinovich and a signed napolean kaufman jersey

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
This is why no one gets better anymore, btw. You can't get better unless you get your ass kicked 100 times in a row and ask for tips! I was garbo when I started. I remember destroying Wellie when he started. Didn't even finish the game. Now we're both upper mid tier!

I've gotten much better, since I started playing you guys. I don't scrimmage too much, but just the league games are learning experiences. I don't think I won a game in my first 2-3 seasons (in '07 or '08). Now, I'm at least in the hunt for the division every season.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Birdman02 said:
I've gotten much better, since I started playing you guys. I don't scrimmage too much, but just the league games are learning experiences. I don't think I won a game in my first 2-3 seasons (in '07 or '08). Now, I'm at least in the hunt for the division every season.

ill never forget you ending my undefeated streak. Made Justin Durant look like PWill

Birdman02

CB3 said:
ill never forget you ending my undefeated streak. Made Justin Durant look like PWill

That season was so weird for me. I think I swept Luke in that one too, but I still didn't get in the playoffs (stupid alphabetical tiebreaker). I think I had at least 3-4 losses to teams under .500.

Marleyman

Banned
You can take me off as the Cardinals; I thought I would be able to juggle school, work, and my wedding along with a full-blown NCAA dynasty...it isn't going to happen. Thanks for letting me jump on though; maybe another time down the road.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Rorschach said:
Btw- you can export offline franchise teams, so we can recreate our teams if we want them that bad. You'd only have to do it once a season!

wouldn't that only really work if the offline draft class order corresponded to the online?

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:
That season was so weird for me. I think I swept Luke in that one too, but I still didn't get in the playoffs (stupid alphabetical tiebreaker). I think I had at least 3-4 losses to teams under .500.

That season was bizarre. Birdles has gotten tons better and we usually end up having pretty close games.

My all-time favorite game was AFC championship game against Rors, came down to the last play of the game and peypey couldn't get it done.

Then Rors had an epic Super Bowl game and promptly forgot about our legendary clash!

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
That season was bizarre. Birdles has gotten tons better and we usually end up having pretty close games.

My all-time favorite game was AFC championship game against Rors, came down to the last play of the game and peypey couldn't get it done.

Then Rors had an epic Super Bowl game and promptly forgot about our legendary clash!
I didn't forget! It was a goal line stand and you decided to throw. Against me of all peoples! And I knew you would so I called a passing defense no one ever used so I knew you wouldn't know what you were looking at. :D The only time I had to use that trump card all season.

That SB was pretty damn epic, though.

levious said:
wouldn't that only really work if the offline draft class order corresponded to the online?
You can either retry 'till you get the right class or just create the players in create-a-player. It's a bit of work, but if people want those teams that bad for scrims, they can do it. And they'd only have to do it once per season. Maybe just create the skills position guys. You're not gonna draft 11 starters per year.

levious

oh wait, just do your own online franchise by yourself and build your team along with your real franchise, that'd be the simple way to do it. Unless you really just want your roster for practice mode... I would think playing a parallel franchise would be practice enough though, along with friendly games against humans.

bluemax

Banned
Top 5 WR

Andre Johnson 97
Larry Fitzgerald 96
Roddy White 96
Reggie Wayne 95
Calvin Johnson 93
Greg Jennings 93

(Yes that is once again 6, ESPN can't count)

Rorschach

levious said:
oh wait, just do your own online franchise by yourself and build your team along with your real franchise, that'd be the simple way to do it. Unless you really just want your roster for practice mode... I would think playing a parallel franchise would be practice enough though, along with friendly games against humans.
That's what I meant, but you can export your franchise team now and use it online instead of just practice mode. After you export it, you can add whatever create-a-player you need, I think. That's a way to scrimmage with your OF team... or, at least, a close proximity of it.

levious

Rorschach said:
but you can export your franchise team now and use it online instead of just practice mode.

oh I had no idea, assumed it would just be exhibition/practice.

Didn't hear back from a few people. Updated the league list as follows:

AFC East
Pats - Sanjuro
Bills - LJ11*
Dolphins - pheeniks
Jets - Ferny73

AFC West
Raiders - rorschach
Broncos - Crow
Chiefs - daw840
Chargers - Nightz

AFC North
Steelers - ramirez
Browns - striker
Bengals - drizzler
Ravens - Mastershake

AFC South
Colts - Luke
Jags - Yopis
Texans - Smokey
Titans - eznark

NFC East
Cowboys - Somnia
Giants - Wellington
Redskins - livewire
Eagles - coldblooded

NFC West
49ers - FMT
Cardinals - Mikey
Seahawks - Bluemax
Rams - Storybook

NFC North
Packers - BigAT
Bears - Levious
Lions - Goldlion
Vikings - Mcneily

NFC South
Panthers - GCQ
Falcons - DCX
Saints - Birdman
Bucs - DMczaf

Backups as of now:
peterboy
denogg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I wasn't going to be in this. Can only take so much Football Game Anguish, and NCAA uses it all. I'd be miserable trying to keep up with both.

LukeSmith

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Sounds like a challenge to me FMT! I'll play for the Cards!

beegirl.jpg

Rorschach

Ahahahahaha they overrated Routt thanks to his misleading stats. :D Suck it, real life!

Chris Johnson still sucks, though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I agree with Rors on the scrim thing. I couldn't even run the ball in any Madden until I asked FMT to show me wtf he was doing to make Kevan Barlow so effective. Madden 2010 lasted so long because of playing exhibition games against guys like LJ and Luke, talking strat, and then executing them on one another. The result was that our actual league games became fucking epic chess matches.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i won a superbowl in madden '11.... and i went through you to get there!

p.s. bigAT/wellington: i'm going to just keep wellington as the giants and bigat as the packers. i like the spirit of competition but by keeping that possibility out there i leave other people dangling on their teams. if wellington loses, then what team does he want? now a guy who had his 2nd choice has to be bumped to a new team, and whoever has that new team gets bumped, etc etc. if you guys want to figure something else out that's fine with me, but i have to have the teams set before the game comes out because some people are depending on a spot in the league before they buy the game. sorry bro's!
I'll talk to AT about it separately then.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Madden 2010 lasted so long because of playing exhibition games against guys like LJ and Luke, talking strat, and then executing them on one another.The result was that our actual league games became fucking epic chess matches.

WTF I thought we were bros, bro. :/

Smokey

Best receiver in the game - AJ
One of the best RBs in the game - Foster
Good TE for Rors-esque TE cheese - O.Daniels
Elite QB - Schaub

J.Joe - CB
Manning - special teams/safety
Competent defense

Feels good man. Anything less than 13-3 will be a failure.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
I agree with Rors on the scrim thing. I couldn't even run the ball in any Madden until I asked FMT to show me wtf he was doing to make Kevan Barlow so effective. Madden 2010 lasted so long because of playing exhibition games against guys like LJ and Luke, talking strat, and then executing them on one another. The result was that our actual league games became fucking epic chess matches.

This - and the experience Rors detailed above - is what I am hoping we get out of Madden 12 this year.

I want to get back to the regular scrims with folks like I did in that epic franchise.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
I'm down for the auction league. Money involved?
No. Auction means that the players are auctioned off with fake monies. Everyone starts out with the same amount of money at the start of the draft. Then, as each player appears on the board, everyone who is interested bids on that player and the market decides how much he goes for. This way, getting the player you want is less about chance and more about how much he's worth to you.

daw840

Rorschach said:
No. Auction means that the players are auctioned off with fake monies. Everyone starts out with the same amount of money at the start of the draft. Then, as each player appears on the board, everyone who is interested bids on that player and the market decides how much he goes for. This way, getting the player you want is less about chance and more about how much he's worth to you.

Yeah, I've done it before. I just didn't know if you guys were doing a buy in.

Top Bottom