• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
you can't afford $15..?

Of course i can but i don't want If the game don't have a demo=no money from me unless i'm 100% i like the game.

In the 360 with the xbla i bought nearly everything thanks to the demos.In this generation if the game don't have a demo i can play, no money from me unless the game is less than 10$ or i'm 100% sure i like the game.That's all.

The developers don't want my money :(

And in this case i'll wait for a deal in the price of a 50% off.

Bessy67

I wanted to get some Xbox gift cards to prepare for some of the games I want that are coming up, like State of Decay, so I was looking around online. I found a deal at Best Buy where you can buy some kind of gift pack with 3 $15 cards and 1 $5 card ($50 total value) for $40.50. The only catch is it's only for in-store pickup, but literally every store near me had this available. Just thought I'd post in case anyone else was looking.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microso...reen/8443052.p?id=1219334545390&skuId=8443052

Alx

Oooo, good price on Fantasia. Anyone have any impressions?

Buy it !
As a matter of fact I recently talked about the game for someone else who was interested. Posts are here and there.

In short : great game, based on a gameplay similar to the Konami Kinect games, and with a creative remixing of all kinds of music.

eastx

Oooo, good price on Fantasia. Anyone have any impressions?

Fantasia is your average arms waving and flailing around Kinect game. Boring graphics during actual gameplay (the cinematics are better), crappy menus, lack of co-op... The music is nice though. But like, anybody who doesn't reallllly buy into Kinect games is going to get zero pleasure out of it

eastx

Come on, who plays a music game for its graphics ?

There's a reason Microsoft and DIsney didn't use any actual gameplay screenshots in the game's marketing. All of the shots they use are from cinematics. Because the gameplay is a black screen with colored dots to show you were to move your hands. It's ugly. Lots of music games are prettier. Every other music game I've played, for instance.

Not saying you shouldn't like the game, but I personally found the visuals to be a big turnoff. Then the gameplay, heh.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Fantasia is your average arms waving and flailing around Kinect game. Boring graphics during actual gameplay (the cinematics are better), crappy menus, lack of co-op... The music is nice though. But like, anybody who doesn't reallllly buy into Kinect games is going to get zero pleasure out of it

I always find these kinds of comments so reductionist. If you're flailing when playing Fantasia you're not doing it right. That's like someone asking how the new Halo is and saying "it's just a thumb twiddling and button pressing game" or saying you play drums in Rock Band by flailing your arms and hitting pads with a stick.

Alx

There's a reason Microsoft and DIsney didn't use any actual gameplay screenshots in the game's marketing.

It's also because the gameplay visuals only make sense in motion. There's no point in seeing a picture with two static circles and two dots (besides, there's actually subtle background animation that follows your motions, but that can't be seen on screenshots either).
Adding visual elements to that wouldn't improve the game in my opinion. It's all about the music.

eastx

I always find these kinds of comments so reductionist. If you're flailing when playing Fantasia you're not doing it right. That's like someone asking how the new Halo is and saying "it's just a thumb twiddling and button pressing game" or saying you play drums in Rock Band by flailing your arms and hitting pads with a stick.

I dunno, man. I was a big supporter of the original Kinect but at some point, they lost me. I do like some Kinect games (Dance Central, Boom Ball, Kinect Party on 360, even Fruit Ninja Kinect) - but often I find the input method to be inferior to alternative control methods. Doesn't mean I don't think those games shouldn't get made or that you guys shouldn't enjoy them, but the average gamer is unlikely to enjoy them.

Guerrilla

Buy it !
As a matter of fact I recently talked about the game for someone else who was interested. Posts are here and there.

In short : great game, based on a gameplay similar to the Konami Kinect games, and with a creative remixing of all kinds of music.

Ok bought it based on your account. Im in the mood for a new music game. Can i play this while sitting with my legs behind a table?

Alx

Hm, probably since all the moves can be done with your hands, but I wouldn't recommend it. A lot of the fun is getting completely into the music, and in many cases a table could be dangerous for your shins. :p
Did I mention there is a demo by the way ? Because there is. :)

Guerrilla

Hm, probably since all the moves can be done with your hands, but I wouldn't recommend it. A lot of the fun is getting completely into the music, and in many cases a table could be dangerous for your shins. :p
Did I mention there is a demo by the way ? Because there is. :)

Will try it tomorrow. I know theres a demo but was in the mood for an impulse buy ;)

eastx

Would young kids like zoo tycoon? This might be a silly question, I know.

My daughter liked it at 6. She didn't have the patience for the missions (campaign), but she loved running around in free play, driving the golf carts, messing with the animals, etc.

Chitown B

there is too co-op. I played it at my friend's place.

Chitown B

Of course i can but i don't want If the game don't have a demo=no money from me unless i'm 100% i like the game.

In the 360 with the xbla i bought nearly everything thanks to the demos.In this generation if the game don't have a demo i can play, no money from me unless the game is less than 10$ or i'm 100% sure i like the game.That's all.

The developers don't want my money :(

And in this case i'll wait for a deal in the price of a 50% off.

Do you ever go to a movie? that's over $15 with a soda and it's under 3 hours.

jbug617

Banned
Not games but a movie pre-order
http://news.xbox.com/2015/04/xbox-s...-arrive?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
sw-5090bd94-15e8-4658-a3a3-5cff9a8c4e91-891234401.png

Microsoft is offering two exclusive incentives for fans who purchase the six-film bundle on Xbox Video. First, they will receive everyone’s favorite scrappy astromech droid, R2-D2, as an Xbox Live avatar companion that flashes characteristics of classic R2-D2 from “A New Hope.” Also, they will receive the action-packed Star Wars Pinball Pack for the free-to-play game Pinball FX 2, for Xbox One or Xbox 36. The Star Wars Pinball Pack lets players relive the greatest moments of the Star Wars universe on a set of brand new pinball tables.

In addition, Disney is offering a Star Wars featurette video exclusively for Xbox customers; only by pre-purchasing the Saga on Xbox Video will you receive an exclusive roughly 60 second sneak peek at the bonus material included in the Star Wars Digital Movie Collection. Customers will receive the Xbox-exclusive featurette when they pre-purchase the “Star Wars” saga bundle on Xbox Video, then all six epic films in the Saga will be added to their collection in all their high-definition glory on April 10.

zorbsie

My daughter liked it at 6. She didn't have the patience for the missions (campaign), but she loved running around in free play, driving the golf carts, messing with the animals, etc.

My daughter is 7. I think she would be in the same boat as your daughter. I'll do the campaign stuff and she can goof around in free play. I'm assuming things get unlocked by playing the campaign?

eastx

My daughter is 7. I think she would be in the same boat as your daughter. I'll do the campaign stuff and she can goof around in free play. I'm assuming things get unlocked by playing the campaign?

Cool, mine is 7 too now! She hasn't played Zoo Tycoon in a while (I get a new game every week or so, darn it). Yes, playing through campaign will unlock new stuff for free play.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Do you ever go to a movie? that's over $15 with a soda and it's under 3 hours.

Yes i go to the cinema but only the day of the spectator because is 4€ and i don't buy nothing inside.

Look,the last game i bought for 20€ was pneuma breath of life and it's a 3 hours game.I don't care if the game is short if i enjoy it and i'm sure i will like me.
I have my own criteria for buying games and you don't have to understand.

Where is the news of lifeless planet? :( i want the game now.

There is a spring sale going on (at least for the 360). On Xbox One the following Season Passes are on sale: Forza Horizon 2 (50% off), The Crew (33% off) and Watching Dogs (33% off)

I liked it. The Kinect controls are fine and it's fun to unlock the remixes.

Gameplay looks like this:
https://account.xbox.com/de-de/game...man&scid=28be3d3b-5edc-40ee-84cf-02a7e9428bfe

This is the only Kinect game I own, I really like Harmonix/Fantasia.
Might I suggest looking into Boom Ball, it's a great Kinect game comprised of a lot of mini games

Edit: just noticed its on sale for $5, even better!
Here is a link to my review of the game:
http://www.xboxgamer.me/boom-ball-kinect-review/

zorbsie

Might I suggest looking into Boom Ball, it's a great Kinect game comprised of a lot of mini games

Edit: just noticed its on sale for $5, even better!
Here is a link to my review of the game:
http://www.xboxgamer.me/boom-ball-kinect-review/

Thanks for posting this. I was looking at boom ball but passed on it and got fruit ninja kinect 2. $5 is total impulse buy for me. The more kinect games I can play with the kids the better.

PaulLFC

And without demos.
This is what annoys me. Demos should be mandatory. I will very rarely buy a game blind without having played the demo unless I absolutely know I'll like it, or I've played a previous game in the series and enjoyed it.

Apparently the lack of demos is because "publishers complained" or so I read... well if they'd like to discourage sales by not providing a taster of the games then they're welcome to, but I'll be buying less games that way as I don't get to test them out first to see if they're something I'd want to pay for.

I ordered some gift cards from Amazon, which were on sale recently, and all three cards had the code section cut off before packaging. :/

I chatted with Amazon, and they gave me a full refund, which will take 2-3 days, but it's simply a "my word" situation, so it makes be wary to ever buy cards from them again.

Chitown B

This is what annoys me. Demos should be mandatory. I will very rarely buy a game blind without having played the demo unless I absolutely know I'll like it, or I've played a previous game in the series and enjoyed it.

Apparently the lack of demos is because "publishers complained" or so I read... well if they'd like to discourage sales by not providing a taster of the games then they're welcome to, but I'll be buying less games that way as I don't get to test them out first to see if they're something I'd want to pay for.

There were no demos on any system until about 2005 (unless you're talking about magazine discs). We dealt. Demos would now be so large and tough to put together due to complexity of games. Just rent or borrow a game and try it out, or watch a Let's Play

Fox Mulder

There were no demos on any system until about 2005 (unless you're talking about magazine discs). We dealt. Demos would now be so large and tough to put together due to complexity of games. Just rent or borrow a game and try it out, or watch a Let's Play

Stuff like shareware or demos have been around forever. They couldn't do it for cartridges obviously, but I got like two games a year in those day for Christmas and birthdays.

Console demos have consistently been around since the ps1, it's god awful they can't make them today. Obviously it doesn't matter to most people, but it absolutely has led me to buying fewer games, especially after the glorious xbla days. Their loss.

Thanks for posting this. I was looking at boom ball but passed on it and got fruit ninja kinect 2. $5 is total impulse buy for me. The more kinect games I can play with the kids the better.
No problem! I'm sure your kids will enjoy it, I know I have. It's a good arm workout too haha

Chitown B

Stuff like shareware or demos have been around forever. They couldn't do it for cartridges obviously, but I got like two games a year in those day for Christmas and birthdays.

Console demos have consistently been around since the ps1, it's god awful they can't make them today. Obviously it doesn't matter to most people, but it absolutely has led me to buying fewer games, especially after the glorious xbla days. Their loss.

I said system (meaning console). Games are 10x as large as they were in PS1 days and much more complex. Cutting off a portion of a game and repackaging it into a coherent game that can be played as standalone for say 1 hour (when most people haven't had demos for $60 games on consoles) just doesn't seem like something that will be happening.

XBLA's 500MB full games weren't an issue. You could just block off parts of the game and still let you download the whole thing - then "unlock" when you buy it.

Downloading a 40GB "demo" doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom