• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

zorbsie

Is there anything special I have to do to get the state of decay discount? I own the 360 version but am still seeing the 29.99 price.

EDIT: Just checked again and it's the discounted price.

New Kalimba modes and DLC out on April 22!

Kalimba will receive a free major content update containing two new game modes for all current and future users. Llama Mode is a new, local multiplayer speed run mode in which up to six players can take turns competing for the highest score. Puma Mode allows players to race asynchronously against the ghosts of their friends or Hoebear (AI) for leaderboard dominance on any of 30 specially designed levels.

Press Play is also releasing two DLC packs for Kalimba: “Dark Void,” featuring a new game mechanic with 10 single-player levels; and “Co-Optimistic,” featuring 10 cooperative levels. Both DLC sets will be free to new and existing Kalimba owners until May 6, after which they will be available for $3.99 individually or $5.99 as a bundle.

In addition, Kalimba will launch on Windows PC via Steam on April 22 for $9.99. The PC edition will include Llama Mode and Puma Mode, as well as support for both gamepad and keyboard controls. Kalimba’s “Dark Void” and “Co-Optimistic” DLC packs will be available on Steam on April 22 for $3.99 each or together for $5.99.

Released late last year, Kalimba is a challenging side-scrolling platformer featuring both single-player and local two-person cooperative game modes. Players swap control between a pair of synchronized animated totems in order to navigate environmental puzzles, hazards and boss battles. The game features multiple totems and powers to master, a distinctive trixelated art style, and high score leaderboards.

They mention "Premier Edition" in that post. How is the XB1 version of the game different than the PC version? Does anyone know? Or is it just a fancy name for the console version of the game?

No new levels, but a new engine, much improved graphics, and a few new log files/documents. And several new original new music tracks.

Via the comments.

speedomodel

Kalimba will receive a free major content update containing two new game modes for all current and future users. Llama Mode is a new, local multiplayer speed run mode in which up to six players can take turns competing for the highest score. Puma Mode allows players to race asynchronously against the ghosts of their friends or Hoebear (AI) for leaderboard dominance on any of 30 specially designed levels.

Press Play is also releasing two DLC packs for Kalimba: “Dark Void,” featuring a new game mechanic with 10 single-player levels; and “Co-Optimistic,” featuring 10 cooperative levels. Both DLC sets will be free to new and existing Kalimba owners until May 6, after which they will be available for $3.99 individually or $5.99 as a bundle.

In addition, Kalimba will launch on Windows PC via Steam on April 22 for $9.99. The PC edition will include Llama Mode and Puma Mode, as well as support for both gamepad and keyboard controls. Kalimba’s “Dark Void” and “Co-Optimistic” DLC packs will be available on Steam on April 22 for $3.99 each or together for $5.99.

Released late last year, Kalimba is a challenging side-scrolling platformer featuring both single-player and local two-person cooperative game modes. Players swap control between a pair of synchronized animated totems in order to navigate environmental puzzles, hazards and boss battles. The game features multiple totems and powers to master, a distinctive trixelated art style, and high score leaderboards.

Pretty excited for this! The game is such a blast, hard as heck but fun.

Damn, I wish they had announced this a few days ago when the game was on sale for $6. I definitely would have bought it.

There's a little popup on my dash in the xbox live gold space (XBO). It "you've got money: spend it before it disappears". Selecting it takes you to a storish type page that says I have unspent promotional money.

It doesn't say how much, where to find out more, or whatever. It expires on the 1st of June. I did a little googling and I think it seems to be that old xbox live points are going to exprire that day.

So what's the dealio?

There's a little popup on my dash in the xbox live gold space (XBO). It "you've got money: spend it before it disappears". Selecting it takes you to a storish type page that says I have unspent promotional money.

It doesn't say how much, where to find out more, or whatever. It expires on the 1st of June. I did a little googling and I think it seems to be that old xbox live points are going to exprire that day.

So what's the dealio?

Yeah, log into your Xbox account on xbox.com and go to My Account. Should tell you how much you have in funds in your Microsoft account.

derFeef

My State of Decay just isn't installing/downloading.
It's just there in the my games and apps screen, and I can't even click it, or manage it - it goes to a black screen. It's also not there on the "Ready to install" section.

Not sure about that, might just be split screen....will have to ask my reviewer

Ah okay, might just be splitscreen then.

Bsigg12

It's looking like the Witcher might be going up for preorder/preload soon. The Xbox Web Store page is saying the page is missing and yesterday on the Xbox One it said that the game was part of a bundle but that is gone now. I wonder what they'll have for day one stuff?

U2NUMB

It's looking like the Witcher might be going up for preorder/preload soon. The Xbox Web Store page is saying the page is missing and yesterday on the Xbox One it said that the game was part of a bundle but that is gone now. I wonder what they'll have for day one stuff?

Makes sense... I think it went gold yesterday or today. I assume they FTP that file right on over to MS and it goes up

Bsigg12

Makes sense... I think it went gold yesterday or today. I assume they FTP that file right on over to MS and it goes up

Yea and Microsoft has handled preorders with the Xbox One so that you can only do it once the game has gone gold and they can put it up. Going gold a month before release is something I haven't seen in a long time.

Bsigg12

Goat Simulator was an instant buy at $10 and I'm debating getting the Witcher 3 with the expansion pass or if I should wait on that.

zorbsie

Kids and I had a blast with goat simulator. Loads of laughs already. Worth the ten bucks. Anyone pick up we are doomed? What's it like?

Kids and I had a blast with goat simulator. Loads of laughs already. Worth the ten bucks. Anyone pick up we are doomed? What's it like?

I reviewed it

TLDR: Its good, its a very simple twin-stick score based shooter and the art style is lovely but it lacks a big hook. Worth $10 though. The achievements are quite challenging too

U2NUMB

Bought Goat and We Are Doomed.... watched the stream that was playing in the store.. looks like a Geo Wars clone... why not for 9 bucks.

Next week is going to be even better for me personally...

FREE AC China
FREE Kalimba DLC & game modes
Conker in Project Spark
(Maybe) Happy Wars

Then State of Decay week after, then Wolfenstein The Old Order week after that.

Then coasting into E3!

$35 is what you can expect so far this year. Amazon isn't a great option for XBL anymore, it seems.

CDKeys.com has it right now for about $37, and you can get it down to $35 if you like them on Facebook.

Edit: Beaten :p

I know multiple people said this worked fine for them, but a friend just bought one and the code was invalid, tried putting it in 3 times. He emailed their support, we'll see I guess.

edit: False alarm, he was reading it wrong. I had assumed he was more careful than to mistake a 6 for a G, but I guess we all have brain farts sometimes.

accchinay7s2m.png
infinityrunnertks2f.png

Two releases this week, intrigued by ACCC

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amazon UK had an error on an Xbox Live bundle this past Friday that gave 4 years for $60 USD. So good, lol.

Top Bottom