• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

I got Kalimba in the sale the other day. GF loves it. SUCCESS.

New free DLC, co-op especially, is great.

It's a really nice game, more people should get it.

accchinay7s2m.png
infinityrunnertks2f.png

Two releases this week, intrigued by ACCC
Infinity Runner is $7 by the way

AC China $10

Nephew wanted to play goat simulator on my xbox even though he owns it on iOS and his mothers rather underpowered laptop, so bought it mostly for him.

The game is very much like amazing frog on the ouya and steam, a fun sandbox to waste time in.

Never Alone is good. The discount isn't that deep but I'd say it's worth $9. It can be frustrating and/or tedious in some places but overall I really enjoyed it. The setting and overall aesthetic of the game are fantastic and the educational stuff is pretty interesting as well.

Chitown B

Never Alone is good. The discount isn't that deep but I'd say it's worth $9. It can be frustrating and/or tedious in some places but overall I really enjoyed it. The setting and overall aesthetic of the game are fantastic and the educational stuff is pretty interesting as well.

Agreed. Good experience. Easy 1000G too

Montresor

Wow Kalimba is surprisingly beautiful and quirky. I played only the first level (I'm deep into Forza Horizon 2) but I am very very impressed so far.

The pictures of this game on the Xbox Store do not do this game justice. The game looks horrid in stills. But in motion, there is something almost hypnotic about the game's visuals. I like how everything in the game looks like it's constructed out of little triangles.

Wow Kalimba is surprisingly beautiful and quirky. I played only the first level (I'm deep into Forza Horizon 2) but I am very very impressed so far.

The pictures of this game on the Xbox Store do not do this game justice. The game looks horrid in stills. But in motion, there is something almost hypnotic about the game's visuals. I like how everything in the game looks like it's constructed out of little triangles.

Yep, game is a blast in co-op too...it's a real friendship tester gaga

Oynox

Bought never alone for ~6€ from the hungarian store to test if credit cards still work. They do. Now I am a bit angry that I didn't test this earlier and bought Metro as well. Dammit!

It is a lovely game. Challenging without being unfair or obtuse, well-designed, lovely style, a spot of humour, great fun in co-op, free DLC en route.

No excuse not to get it if you like platform puzzlers.

Are there any good local MP Kinect games out on Xbone? Looking for something the kids and I can play that uses Kinect, it's hard to find a definitive list of Kinect games anywhere.

Alx

Are there any good local MP Kinect games out on Xbone? Looking for something the kids and I can play that uses Kinect, it's hard to find a definitive list of Kinect games anywhere.

The only specialized kinect site I know is 123kinect (there was another one but I can't remember its name). It doesn't really sort 360 games from X1, and covers all games with kinect features, even when they're optional.

As for local MP games for X1, I know about the dancing games (Dance Central, Just Dance), Disney Fantasia, Fruit Ninja Kinect 2, Fighter Within, Blue Estate.
For kids I would rather recommend Fantasia and Fruit Ninja.
*edit : wait, there's the "rabbids invasion : interactive TV show" that should be great for kids too (if you can bear the annoying rabbits). Shape Up also has local MP, but I don't think it's really for kids either.

I did not realize Aaru's Awakening was coming out this week.

$15, hmm. Any reviews out there?

Edit: Ah looks the PC version did not review all that well. Quite a few negative reviews actually.

theDeeDubs

I can't wait to jump back into State of Decay. So many moments from it still stick out in my mind. There was a point when I was looting an upper floor of a store, while angling my camera just so, so I could keep an eye on a zombie horde roaming the street beside the store through the room's window. I think that was the point where the game really sunk its teeth into me. I also loved that it included a stealth mechanic. It wasn't perfect, but very welcomed.

It feels a little janky at first, but you overlook that very quickly. It was one of my favorite games last generation for sure.

Montresor

I bought State of Decay on 360 on sale for $10 and I bought both of its DLCs and never ended up playing the game... now the game is coming to XB1 lolz. So I wasted some money (since I would much rather play the superior XB1 version than stick to my 360 version), but thankfully the XB1 version will be $10 off for 360 owners...

Unfortunately it looks like that $10 discount is good only until May 2nd, and I don't think I'll even play this game very soon. So watch me buy this for $20, and then before I decide to play it the game will go on sale for $15, heh.

I bought State of Decay on 360 on sale for $10 and I bought both of its DLCs and never ended up playing the game... now the game is coming to XB1 lolz. So I wasted some money (since I would much rather play the superior XB1 version than stick to my 360 version), but thankfully the XB1 version will be $10 off for 360 owners...

Unfortunately it looks like that $10 discount is good only until May 2nd, and I don't think I'll even play this game very soon. So watch me buy this for $20, and then before I decide to play it the game will go on sale for $15, heh.

Its valid until 30th June.

My State of Decay review

People just saying it's repetitive, cheap and boring haha. I don't dislike the Temple-Run type games but people seem to be saying this is just a poor choice. I liked the graphics/style from what I've seen though.

I mean, every endless runner game is repetitive in my mind, but this game has 7 different areas so the scenery and obstacles vary quite well during infinite mode.

I never found it boring, since it is pretty fast paced and you are constantly moving/making decisions, but then again, most of the times I played I streamed it so I had an audience to talk with while playing.

It's also not without it's faults mind you, as there is some occasional freezing and cheap deaths, including the final boss fight which is just downright stupid. I think the game itself makes up for any shortcomings though.

My $0.02, but obviously, experiences can vary :p.

speedomodel

I mean, every endless runner game is repetitive in my mind, but this game has 7 different areas so the scenery and obstacles vary quite well during infinite mode.

I never found it boring, since it is pretty fast paced and you are constantly moving/making decisions, but then again, most of the times I played I streamed it so I had an audience to talk with while playing.

It's also not without it's faults mind you, as there is some occasional freezing and cheap deaths, including the final boss fight which is just downright stupid. I think the game itself makes up for any shortcomings though.

My $0.02, but obviously, experiences can vary :p.
Yeah, going through your review, you seem to confirm what I had thought. It would be a cheap, endless runner that would be a fun time killer and be worth the $6-$7 pricetag. I may grab this over the weekend just to enjoy some mindless running.

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it, also your guys State of Decay reviews are making me lean to buying it at this point.

Top Bottom