• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd suggest starting out with the Master Chief Saga playlist. It's every mission in all 4 games on Normal difficulty, and it has its own achievement for completing the entire thing. You don't have to do it in one sitting.
That has all the story cutscenes and stuff like if you just played through them, right? I never played Halo campaign (only played H1&2 multi at friends) so tomorrow will be my big introduction to the single player of the franchise.

zebwinz

That has all the story cutscenes and stuff like if you just played through them, right? I never played Halo campaign (only played H1&2 multi at friends) so tomorrow will be my big introduction to the single player of the franchise.

Yup, but hopefully since you are starting fresh the achievements won't be borked. I completed the playlist and got the achievement for it, but didn't get the one for completing Halo 4 on Easy/Normal (which i did get for the other three games). Looking at the individual game screens, it says i've beaten all the levels though. I read on the 343 forums that some people speculated it was due to stopping mid-level and picking up later but who knows.

I am really looking forward to the UI update, which appears to include details of updates that are applied to any apps and games.

Anyway, I've switched on my Xbox this morning, and noticed the following have been updated.

Any ideas of what they are?

Upload Studio
Pool Nation FX
NeverWinter
Massive Chalice

Now they maybe your usual bug fixes, or is there something more in these?

NeverWinter s the Tiamat update that got posted yesterday (The Arc app also has an update to reflect this)
Pool Nation FX patch notes can be seen here: http://poolnationfx.com/news/pool-nation-fx-exceeds-2-6-million-downloads

The other ones, not so sure :p

Minecraft also has an update and free skin DLC today: http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/games-minecraft-console-edition-update
The Weekly Witcher DLC also dropped today, it's a quest.

Montresor

The achievements in MCC are broken. I don't know if this is an OS issue or specifically an MCC issue but my brother will constantly miss achievements while we are playing splitscreen campaign co-op.

Here is what we are doing:

We started the Master Chief Saga Playlist (play all games starting with Halo 1 on normal). We are doing splitscreen co-op.

We beat Pillar of Autumn. I popped four achievements for 1) Completing any normal co-op level and 2) Par time for Pillar of Autumn and 3) Beat Pillar of Autumn and 4) Beat any level. My brother didn't pop any of those. We had to back out of the Playlist, then redo the level via regular level select and then those four achievements popped for him.

Same thing with the second Halo 1 level. We continued the playlist. We beat the level and I popped two achievements for 1) beating the second level and 2) beating the second level without entering any vehicle.

My brother got the achievement for beating the second level without entering any vehicle... But he didn't get the achievement for beating the level.

That is so frustrating. We decided we are going to just ignore this and perform a mop-up for any glitched achievements AFTER we finish all six games (1, 2, 3 ODST, 360 Reach, and 4).

Montresor

I knew MCC had issues but I thought they would've been related to multiplayer.

I've played 48 games in the past 1.5 years on XB1 and not a single one has caused me so many issues so immediately as MCC has.

Maybe there is a yet-to-be-fixed bug that causes the non-primary splitscreen player to miss achievements. I'm always the primary gamertag and all my achievements have popped just fine. Just my brother has been having issues.

Blergh, I also don't like how the game exits you to the Halo Channel app when viewing terminals. We triggered the terminal in the second Halo 1 level and the damn Halo Channel app just hanged for 10+ minutes and wouldn't do anything.

Obviously I'm still REALLY early in the saga (2 levels into Halo 1) so as I get further we'll see how rampant the issue is.

m23

Some of the achievements for some reason unlock later on. For example, while playing Witcher 3 today, I unlocked an achievement for MCC multiplayer.

Are you playing in the playlist, rather than just co-op via 'Missions'? Played all of the MCC in co-op multiple times now, and pretty sure most achieves were fine for both (some definitely a bit slow/not unlocking though), always via the individual game tabs, not the playlists.

That was online though, not split-screen.

Montresor

Are you playing in the playlist, rather than just co-op via 'Missions'? Played all of the MCC in co-op multiple times now, and pretty sure most achieves were fine for both (some definitely a bit slow/not unlocking though), always via the individual game tabs, not the playlists.

That was online though, not split-screen.

I'm playing the Master Chief Saga Playlist. The next time we play, my brother and I are going to to continue the playlist via online co-op instead of split screen co-op to see if that helps.

This whole shitshow is a shame. I was so excited for the MCC.

Playing through it now. Never played any Halo games before. I'm up to Halo 4 single player.

This whole shitshow is one of the most incredible video games I've ever played. Absolutely love it. Cannot wait for Halo 5 now.

eastx

Spanish developer Recotech, makers of Toro, has announced a new Xbox One game called Yasai Ninja. Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHc08jvhLQI

Xbox One is getting a its first hidden object game this Autumn, Nightmares from the Deep, from Artifex Mundi

https://twitter.com/artifexmundi/status/616584092302356480

Paul has a good write up here: windowscentral.com/nightmares-deep-Xbox-one-announced

Thanks for sharing that! It'll be interesting to see whether console gamers will get into a HOPA like Nightmares from the Deep. I'm looking forward to playing through it again.

Thanks for sharing that! It'll be interesting to see whether console gamers will get into a HOPA like Nightmares from the Deep. I'm looking forward to playing through it again.
Ya I'm really looking forward to it. Hope it sells well and they bring other projects over

gar3

My kids and I have had a blast playing through Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart via Steam. In fact they liked it so much I've since bought almost every single Artifex Mundi title available on Steam, heh. But I was able to get a bundle of Artifex Mundi stuff for, like, 60 cents a game last August including The Cursed Heart. I would assume the pricing would be the same as it is on Steam ($9.99).

No Time To Explain by TinyBuild is on the store, theres a trial available but its a pre-order for July 17th. Game is 1.38gb but its $14.99/£11.99 which is 3x the Steam price, not sure if its an accident or not

http://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/No-Time-To-Explain/e6cbdc6f-e47f-4094-ad40-555e64c4d3e9

For free PS+ games you can simply add the game to your account and not have it start the download.

Just got a One and it seems like it'll just automatically start the download on your console. Is there any way to just have it add it to your account? If not, can you cancel the download from a web browser or only on the console itself?

For free PS+ games you can simply add the game to your account and not have it start the download.

Just got a One and it seems like it'll just automatically start the download on your console. Is there any way to just have it add it to your account? If not, can you cancel the download from a web browser or only on the console itself?

You can manage your download queue on xbox.com.

Montresor

It's July 6th! That means today when I get home from work I'll play a Halo 4 multiplayer match in MCC with my brother for the "Play Halo 4 on the 6th of any month" achievement.

The dumb splitscreen co-op achievement glitches keep occurring during the Master Chief Saga playlist. So far my brother and I have played three levels (Halo 1's "Pillar of Autumn", and "Halo", and "Truth And Reconciliation". In every single level basic achievements have failed to pop for my brother. I.E. we beat Truth And Reconciliation together on Saturday, and I popped the achievement for beating Truth And Reconciliation but he didn't.

We're going to try online co-op tonight (instead of splitscreen co-op) but if this silliness continues with The Silent Cartogropher mission (the next mission), even with online co-op.... then we're going to put MCC entirely on hold until this gets fixed.

fantomena

Not sure where to post this, but posting in both threads. Im unable to purchase Skate 3 for 5$ digital both through Xbox.com and through the X360 console, but I am able to buy Xbox One games for some reason (just bought the Killer Insinct Complete Edition). Any solution for this?

zorbsie

It's July 6th! That means today when I get home from work I'll play a Halo 4 multiplayer match in MCC with my brother for the "Play Halo 4 on the 6th of any month" achievement.

Thanks for reminding me on this one. Not sure if I have this achievement or not.

Montresor

Just for fun, here is my backlog. This only includes games that I own (so games like Arkham Knight that I want to play but don't own are not listed). The # of hours listed is in most cases the hours required to 100% all achievements (but that doesn't mean I plan to 100% all these games, far from it). There are exceptions like Last Of Us which I have no interest in platinum'ing so I have 15 hours listed for one playthrough.

Code:
5	hours	Dead Rising 2 Case West
15	hours	Call of Juarez Gunslinger
15	hours	TR Underworld
15	hours	Strider
18	hours	Tomb Raider Legend
20	hours	Arkham Black Gate
20	hours	Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes
20	hours	Shadow Complex
20	hours	South Park Stick of Truth
25	hours	Bulletstorm
25	hours	Enslaved
25	hours	Hitman: Absolution
30	hours	Crackdown
35	hours	Asura's Wrath
35	hours	Killer is Dead
40	hours	Dead Rising 2
40	hours	Shadow of Mordor
40	hours	Viva Pinta TiP
45	hours	Dead Rising 3
45	hours	Assassin's Creed Unity
50	hours	Catherine
50	hours	Witcher 2
60	hours	Deadly Premonition
60	hours	Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
60	hours	Metal Gear Rising
70	hours	DmC Definitive
15	hours	Last Of Us Remastered
30	hours	Halo Reach
250	hours	Master Chief Collection

Montresor

Thanks for the reminder! Just went and got it.

Thanks for reminding me on this one. Not sure if I have this achievement or not.

Cheers. For reference, here are the dates you should look out for this month:

Play Halo 4 on the 6th of any month
Play Halo 2 on the 9th of any month
Play Halo 1 on the 15th of any month
Play Halo ODST on the 22nd of any month
Play Halo 3 on the 25th of any month

zorbsie

Cheers. For reference, here are the dates you should look out for this month:

Play Halo 4 on the 6th of any month
Play Halo 2 on the 9th of any month
Play Halo 1 on the 15th of any month
Play Halo ODST on the 22nd of any month
Play Halo 3 on the 25th of any month

Is it wrong if I put these dates in my phone calendar?

Can't wait for Binding of Isaac, love the game and have sunk hundreds of hours in it already on PS4 and PC.

Happily play it again to get some Xbox Achievements etc. :)

Rand al Thor 19

Does anyone know why Amazon is no longer selling Xbox Credit Online Game Codes anymore? I went to buy a $20 card and the instant option is no longer available.

Top Bottom