• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Destructoid gave Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime a 10/10.

I feel a bit more inclined to pick it up now although I don't have a co-op partner for it so I'm not entirely sold.

Montresor

Destructoid gave Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime a 10/10.

I feel a bit more inclined to pick it up now although I don't have a co-op partner for it so I'm not entirely sold.

That game is getting incredible reviews.

Are the two recent point and click adventure games worth playing? Nightmare from the Deep and Broken Sword 5. I'll check out some reviews - hopefully Banjo's site has reviews for those. ^-^

That game is getting incredible reviews.

Are the two recent point and click adventure games worth playing? Nightmare from the Deep and Broken Sword 5. I'll check out some reviews - hopefully Banjo's site has reviews for those. ^-^

I never got Broken Sword, so can't provide insight on that one :(.

I'm in the process of writing Nightmares from the Deep up though. It's $10, but provided me with a solid 5 hours or so of gameplay. I think that's an alright amount of time for a point and click game. There is the main story and then an epilogue. There are also two difficulties, and the way the achievements are set up you need 2 playthroughs...even though I want to do another anyways since I enjoyed it and would like the challenge again. Some of the puzzles are decently challenging, and it offers a Mahjong mode instead of hidden object scenes incase those aren't your thing. The story is really well done IMO, and the environments were very catchy. I'm a sucker for point and clicks and this one scratched an itch that was needed on the console.

Here is Windows Central review of the Windows 8 version from our pal Eastx if you want those impressions in the mean time :) http://www.windowscentral.com/nightmares-deep-cursed-heart-wp8-windows-8-review

If you like Point and Click games, also keep your eyes on The Book of Unwritten Tales 2. It's out on the 18th for $20, I already have it pre-ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TKLFLHC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Aritana And The Harpy’s Feather is out now, it has a trial too: $9.99/2.46gb, may well be US only for now - Website

Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime has officially released: $14.99/£11.99, 975mb - Website

Clusterpuck 99: $14.99/£11.99 but is 33% off so $10.04/£8.03 , 371mb

Available for purchase now:

Aritana and the Harpys Feather (9.99 with a free demo)
clusterpuck99 (10.00 gold discount, normally $14.99)
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (14.99)

Also live is Dragon Age: Tresspasser
Never winter Elemental Evil

Edit: I semi-enjoyed Aritana demo (only 15 min so only got through first level and a little bit of the second). The game itself is alright and has decent platforming, but my god is the control scheme horrible...and you can't change it. RT is jump and the right sticks are attack...like ugh, just make A jump and X attack like 90% of other games like this.

pacman85

If you bought it on 360 and your account is gold it is free until Sept 20th, after that it'll be 5$ for previous owners.
Sweet! I too am waiting for that glitch to be fixed as I definitely bought (and loved) this game for the 360 and it's showing up at $15 for me too :(

RavenH2

Anyone tried it recently? Is it still 14.99 to those who own it? I'am at work, but will try to download it as soon as I get home.

pacman85

Anyone tried it recently? Is it still 14.99 to those who own it? I'am at work, but will try to download it as soon as I get home.
It just worked for me! I was able to download it using the link in this thread that was previously not working. Should be downloaded and ready to install by the time I get home from work!

Vert boil

Castle Crashers Remastered is currently free for anyone who bought it on 360. You don't have to be a Gold member.

Nice, hopefully it isn't just a temp thing due to the issues.

And as another B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S, you can transfer your progress from the 360 version. Details here.

--
Onigiri received a title update earlier and people could get on the server but it's down for maintenance atm. Not available to people that didn't download the Japanese version and then download the english version yet.

--
Gunscape has been delayed to 2016.

Nairume

Banned
It worked for me.

Kinda wish they said anything about how they were handling the old DLC. Pink Knight and Purple Knight are in by default, but the other DLC is either not there or has to be unlocked in some other way.

Vert boil

Plague of Shadows, the free Shove Knight update will be available Sept 17th.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/plague-of-shadows-release-date/

It worked for me.

Kinda wish they said anything about how they were handling the old DLC. Pink Knight and Purple Knight are in by default, but the other DLC is either not there or has to be unlocked in some other way.

No idea how to unlock them in the new version (transferring your old 360 data should work if you had them previously) but these are included in the Remastered version,

RavenH2

It just worked for me! I was able to download it using the link in this thread that was previously not working. Should be downloaded and ready to install by the time I get home from work!

It worked for me.

Thanks! I downloaded it last night just before going to bed!! (just to be sure)

For me it just says "not available".

Hope it gets fixed soon!

Alx

Is clusterpuck playable/worth playing solo ? It seems designed for offline multiplayer, but I won't get many opportunities to play that way...

Great, was playing Quest of Dungeon, had to leave for a few minutes and when I go back the game is running but frozen... I restart it and for some reason I'm taken back to my two day old save right at the beginning :(

Other than that the game is very good, though way easier than I'd like, even on the hell difficult is like a walk through the park (but I suspect the mage is completely broken and overpowered on this game, will try later with other classes to see more).

Edit: e it back about the game being too easy. The mage can indeed be broken, but it depends largely on the skills and items you are given so you can survive up until a level where they become overpowered, but the game is usually way less prone to give you good stuff than it did on my first Hell char.

Montresor

I started playing So Many Me for the first time. Holy moly what a wonderful game. Beautiful graphics and art style, incredibly cute characters, and satisfying, unique, fun platforming/puzzle game play.

I started playing So Many Me for the first time. Holy moly what a wonderful game. Beautiful graphics and art style, incredibly cute characters, and satisfying, unique, fun platforming/puzzle game play.

Glad you're enjoying it. I personally just couldn't get into it. Didn't think the platforming/puzzle solving mix was that great.

So the new releases this week (may have missed some)

Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight (Tues)
Overruled! (Wed)
Pumped BMX+ (Fri)
Inside My Radio (Fri)
Plague Inc (Fri)
Earth Wars (Fri) - Japan only?

Montresor

Glad you're enjoying it. I personally just couldn't get into it. Didn't think the platforming/puzzle solving mix was that great.

I finished the 2nd world - so far this is one of the best puzzle games on XB1 right now in my eyes. I'm really really really enjoying on one hand the vibrant, colourful, and very cute art style, and on the other hand I'm enjoying the puzzle solving. I like how each stage has basically four puzzles: 1) get to the end, 2) find the coin, 3) find the outfit, and 4) find the new "me". If you find puzzles #2, #3, and #4 too difficult, then you can skip those for the time being and just focus on getting to the end.

I'm getting a kick out of finding new cute outfits for my "me"s and dressing them all uniquely, heh.

I'm kicking myself for not playing this game as soon as it became a GWG - this is a stellar choice for a free game.

Alx

Oh, Free Fall is "free" ? I'll give it a try then. I wonder if it can be played while snapped, like Threes ? It's the kind of game I can play on my phone to kill time, but it's probably not worth using most of the screen space.

Top Bottom