• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Dlacy13g

Do we know for sure if you are an XBLG member but dont own an Xbox One yet that you can "buy" the free XBLG offerings for Xbox One like you can for PSN+? A friend of mine seems to be struggling try to grab those games.

Kampfheld

Banned
Castle Crashers 2 in developement exclusive for Xbox One?

Original source: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/y...only-want-aaa.454085339/page-7#post-495751863

Source said:
Ugh I thought I was going on you ignore list.. Anywho I'll explain anyway. First game scrapped together out of pocket, dark days(back in the PS2/GCN/XB era). Got a publisher and rolled from there. 1st paid for the second. Second paid for the 3rd, 4th and likely 5th and 6th lol (also re-release of first)! But umm yea what's not adding up for you again? Also correction I should have said possibly the most popular XBLA game.

Source said:
We'll they're doing pretty damn well now. First game a hit, second a mega hit, third decent. Lol as I said before the studio she works for is responsible for possibly the most popular indie game ever. And they have put their games on PS3 and PC but their relationship with Microsoft is very strong due to XBLA roots, one of the reasons I back MS so much. Working on a big X1 exclusive(probaly not forever) sequel too that sadly missed E3. But will be shown soon enough(I hope). I can't give out more than that because of fear of trolls..

Conclusion:
You heard it here first people, Castle Crashers 2 is on the way! (for XBOX One)

Here's what we know:

- Xbox One exclusive (at first?).
- Game is far enough along to almost have made a showing at E3.
- May include Castle Crashers 1.

First: Alien Hominid (sold well)
Second: Castle Crashers (sold very well)
Third: Battleblock Theater (sold solid)

Possibly most popular XBLA game: Castle Crashers

XBLA roots: yep.

Everything fits to The Behemoth.

The conclusion seems to be obvious. The only real question is if the initial infos are correct. On the other hand ... Why would someone just create such a fabricated story to be someones husband an so on. All this sounds too detailed to not to be true if you ask me. Megaton if true.

Found on reddit.

I think someone should check their LinkedIn profiles for infos. Sadly, my subscription just ran out.

Skele7on

Banned
Castle Crashers 2 in developement exclusive for Xbox One?

Original source: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/y...only-want-aaa.454085339/page-7#post-495751863

Conclusion:

First: Alien Hominid (sold well)
Second: Castle Crashers (sold very well)
Third: Battleblock Theater (sold solid)

Possibly most popular XBLA game: Castle Crashers

XBLA roots: yep.

Everything fits to The Behemoth.

The conclusion seems to be obvious. The only real question is if the initial infos are correct. On the other hand ... Why would someone just create such a fabricated story to be someones husband an so on. All this sounds too detailed to not to be true if you ask me. Megaton if true.

Found on reddit.

I think someone should check their LinkedIn profiles for infos. Sadly, my subscription just ran out.

Bro minecraft, ;)

But that's awesome news, would also love Alien Hominid 2!

Chucker

I want it to be true as much as the next guy because I love CC, but are we really using IGN posts as sources?

Just keeping my hype in check, so if it ends up being wrong I'll be ok, lol.

Kampfheld

Banned
I want it to be true as much as the next guy because I love CC, but are we really using IGN posts as sources?

Sometimes, we are also using GAF posts as sources. There is no difference.

In this case, it doesn't really matter where it was posted. It's interesting what was posted.

If this dude is lying ... He is very creative to say at least. Again, all his posts sound too detailed to be a fabricated story. Also I don't really see the motivation for creating such a story.

(Again, I'm not saying this is legit 100%, but still ...)

Hopefully, if it's CC2, it will offer a no-sponge mode so that people who prefer the shorter mook lifespans of arcade games can enjoy what they've made instead of falling asleep.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
As long as it took to make the original CC, and then to make Battleblock... is it really possible they have a sequel waiting for us to see somewhat Soon?! Hmm.

A new CC... It's easily one of my favorite XBLA games, but I found the battle mode so disappointing compared to Guardian Heroes, and I think the old game gave us so much, that I'd really love to see the sequel be strongly improved upon in many ways.

• More varied classes of characters
  • "Arcade" and "Story" play modes, to offer the classic arcade, or the modern A-RPG length campaigns.
  • Better Extra modes
  • Ways to take advantage of new online ideas.
  • Heck, could probably put in some character creation,,,,,

With all the great things that came out of Guardian Hero's re-release, Dragon's Crown. Scott Pilgrim, and Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds, the next step for CC has a lot to consider. Really would like this rumor to be true! :)

castle crashes was shown around 2005/2006 with a releasing very soon tag

didn't come out until halfway through 2008

won't hold my breath. behemoth takes forever to develop

Kampfheld

Banned
castle crashes was shown around 2005/2006 with a releasing very soon tag

didn't come out until halfway through 2008

won't hold my breath. behemoth takes forever to develop

At that time, there were 3-5 people working there.

Now, they are about 25 :)

I try to figure out what they want to tell us since 20 minutes now ...

277545-h1.jpg

TheBehemoth said:
What does it all mean?! #Game4Cupcake

273159-FX1.jpg

There wasn't a cupcake anyehere in Castle Crashers if I remember correctly. Or wait ... There was a hall ... At the beginning of the game? Or was in at the end? Puh, so many years ago ... Wasn't there a huge cupcake?

eastx

You need at least a month I think but also you only keep the game for the length of your subscription on Xbox One so you'd have 2 days to complete it in

14 day trials definitely work for "buying" the free Xbox One games. I've tested this on a relative's account.

No, you don't need to own an Xbox One.

Stick it to the Man is pretty fun of what I played on PS4. Hopefully the price is closer to $10 though.

Sure is. But that's why we get posts like this.

Oh wow, lol.

X1 only has 2 games releasing this month? Well damn, Sniper Elite already came out on the 1st in the US, and Guacamelee came out on the 2nd, so I guess I don't have any more games coming this month...damn devs!

Doffen

Oh wow, lol.

X1 only has 2 games releasing this month? Well damn, Sniper Elite already came out on the 1st in the US, and Guacamelee came out on the 2nd, so I guess I don't have any more games coming this month...damn devs!

Xbox One had a good run. Time to pack it up.

Nutter

Its almost like no-one checks my beautifully crafted OP to see all those games that are coming soon!! :(

Well if it makes you feel any better, that OP is the reason I have bought many games this year; and looking forward to others; that otherwise I wouldn't know are coming out for the X1.

Happy wars on xbox one, I hope they carry over character data as I easily spent £30 overall on my 360, a fun game.

Oh I had no idea there was a PC release for that game, and cross platform multi? cool

Kampfheld

Banned
Happy wars on xbox one, I hope they carry over character data as I easily spent £30 overall on my 360, a fun game.

Oh I had no idea there was a PC release for that game, and cross platform multi? cool

Yes, you can transfer your character :)

Happy Wars is an excellent game by the way. There isn't much talk about it here, but it's really popular online and the community is rather big.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT YES!
YES YES YES!

Day was made! :D

Enjoying the heck out of Guacamelee.

Oh nice, didn't know Oddworld was announced as coming to Xbox.

Yep, I was pumped when I saw it as well. It was one of those announcements that got lost in the E3 shuffle.

Yep, it really is a fun game to get a large group of friends together and play. The Xbox Ambassador program used to do playdates with it at least once a month and we could play full 8v8. It was great fun, so I'm extremely happy it's coming to X1.

you seem to know more than most could you tell me when we can expect shadow warrior ?

I wouldn't say I know more than most per-say, I just do a lot of digging :p.

The official word is "this summer" (so either this month or next month I guess?). XB1 runs at 900p, 60fps while PS4 is 1080p, 60fps if you were interested. Ref

Yes, you can transfer your character :)

Happy Wars is an excellent game by the way. There isn't much talk about it here, but it's really popular online and the community is rather big.

Yep, it's a shame. It's a fun game for sure, and it being F2P isn't horrible. The prices for things are a little bit high (imo), but you can get great items just by playing games and doing well.

And as a continuation of my 1080p image transfer to Imgur, (Already have Nutjitsu and Contrast uploaded) here is the 1080p achievement image collection from Another World.

Gowans

When's Awesomenauts due? Next 'new' GwG?

I'm hoping for a new Full House Poker soon too, that was great to play with the lads.

When's Awesomenauts due? Next 'new' GwG?

Ive asked on twitter for you, see if they reply (I asked "sooner" or "later" because they're unlikely to just give me a date :p)

Added Pier Solar HD and Stick it to the Man to the OP btw. If there are any other games coming soon (with a source) that we know about and I haven't added feel free to let me know.

piersolar14kkt.png

stickitztk44.png

I put titles under coming soon if theres an actual indication of it like developer announces it (Pier Solar/The Golf Club/Minecraft/Volgarr/Roundabout etc) or it gets rated (Castlestorm/Pure Pool) so hopefully I've not listed games that are months away

Gowans

Thanks Steve.

It's nice to see GwG getting some of my mates to play and enjoy games they would never have touched before.

Looking forward to some GwG of F2P multi games to come out.

What F2P games have been announced, just happy Wars and Warframe?

Thanks Steve.

It's nice to see GwG getting some of my mates to play and enjoy games they would never have touched before.

Looking forward to some GwG of F2P multi games to come out.

What F2P games have been announced, just happy Wars and Warframe?
Also Onigiri, but that might be Japanese only.

Neverwinter is likely coming to all regions in the fall.

I wonder if there are any plans to add stat tracking to RBI Baseball. Would change it from "maybe, if it gets cheap enough" to "insta-buy". Doubtful I guess, website says nothing.

I just got home and jumped online and a friend told me Battleblock Theater will be free on Xbox One starting July 16. I got really excited, then quizzed him enough to find out he was looking at the GWG lineup for 360 and thinking it was for XB1. My heart broke.

I just completed Max, and soon to complete Guacamelee. Need a new Download title, what are the best ones.

Super Time Force fo sho, or Sixty Second Shooter Prime which is rad and only $5!

I enjoyed Zombie Driver Ultimate Edition and Contrast a lot too though

purg3

slept with Malkin
I just completed Max, and soon to complete Guacamelee. Need a new Download title, what are the best ones.

I would recommend Valiant Hearts for sure. One of my favorite games so far this year. Also if you haven't played it on other platforms, Outlast is good too.

Top Bottom