• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Ok GAF, I have $17 still sitting in my Xbox account from the GameStop points bonanza and I'm torn equally between Valiant Hearts and Contrast. Any thoughts? Which one do you guys like better.

Right now I'm leaning towards VH but the dev note on Contrast makes me want to support them. I'm torn!

I'm enjoying Contrast's narrative and the way it tells it's story, also it has two female lead characters which is more than Ubi will ever have in any of their future titles.

I liked the look of Valiant Hearts, story trailer was hitting me with the feels but I haven't picked it up yet.

Ok GAF, I have $17 still sitting in my Xbox account from the GameStop points bonanza and I'm torn equally between Valiant Hearts and Contrast. Any thoughts? Which one do you guys like better.

Right now I'm leaning towards VH but the dev note on Contrast makes me want to support them. I'm torn!
Buy Valiant Hearts now as you seem like yu want it more, then get more Gamestop money next Thursday for Contrast ;)

Netprints

I enjoyed VH. Very good game and has some cool history stuff in it. I also started to watch a WW1 documentary because after playing through the game I wanted to learn more about WW1. I know some things but some of those battles they show in the game I have never heard of.

Lima

Man Another World is every bit as terrible as I remember it. Oh well only took an hour to get 1k on. Thank god.

Went with Valiant Hearts. Loving all the history! Hopefully I can grab enough Gamestop money for Contast!

Also picked up Sixty Second Shooter Prime with a Bing rewards Xbox card. That game is pure cocaine like addiction. I booted it up just to play a little and see how it was and almost played for 2 hours.

Went with Valiant Hearts. Loving all the history! Hopefully I can grab enough Gamestop money for Contast!

Also picked up Sixty Second Shooter Prime with a Bing rewards Xbox card. That game is pure cocaine like addiction. I booted it up just to play a little and see how it was and almost played for 2 hours.

Yep, very addicting! It's slogan should be, "Just one more time" *plays like 500 more times*. :p

I hope a lot of people getting the free Gamestop money are using it on it.

TK Turk

Banned
Just wanted to say, I didn't enjoy Valiant Hearts. It felt like I was reading a story more than playing a game.

Contrast>VH in my opinion, got 1000/1000 on both.

We have our Outlast review up now! Check here

Also, I've uploaded the Contrast 1080p achievement images to my Imgur, check out site here for the info!

I was just watching a stream from Signal Studios (Toy Soldiers, Ascend: Hand of Kul), and they said they would love to bring Ascend to Xbox One, but it's up to Microsoft. So I tweeted Phil Spencer and posted on the Xbox Feedback site.

If anyone wants to retweet or vote, the tweet is here, and the post on Xbox Feedback is here.

I really enjoyed the game while in Beta, but sadly haven't really played it since due to it being on 360 only. It's a shame :(.

Skele7on

Banned
Man Another World is every bit as terrible as I remember it. Oh well only took an hour to get 1k on. Thank god.

lol this made me laugh, I remember the original and thinking Jesus what a piece of shit game, then when I saw it having an anniversary on Xbox I was like wow, people actually loved and want to remember this game?

ERGH some games just are better off left in the past!

I have Valiant Hearts to play, just need to drag my ass off of WildStar long enough to play it through in one go.

jergrah

Anyone having install issues of Guacamelee on XB1?

Installed once - couldn't launch. Uninstalled.

Installed and at end of process says "stopped" and only option is to try again.

Have tried again - have hard reboot - same thing over and over

No issues with other games

Got stuck on a level for over 30 minutes, but I think I figured it out. :) I did have a episode of rage quitting. :)

Same here. It was some section that involved very precise double jumps with uppercuts mixed with changing between worlds and going through red thorns. I got so damn upset I almost threw my controller after failing at least 30 times.

Eventually plowed through it. Still a fantastic game. The dialog is also great. I've laughed out loud many times already.

eastx

Any ideas what we can expect over the next couple of months? Indie titles coming soon?

I don't think there is a retail release now until August 19th (Diablo 3) http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/coming-soon/xboxone/date

Magic 2015 comes out in 2 weeks. That pool game might come out this month. Pier Solar as soon as it passes certification, which has taken a while.

You're right about the lack of retail releases. But with how many downloadable games we got in June (plus Sniper Elite 3 this week and downloadable Guacamelee) this week, I won't feel the sting at all.

Roundabout is getting launch details next week. They're going to narrow the XB1 release date window but can't give an exact date yet due to certification and ratings

roundabouto9kg9.png

The Gold Club is due this month as it stands, its been rated by USK so I've added it to the OP with Roundabout

golfclubr9k2m.png

Magic 2015 comes out in 2 weeks. That pool game might come out this month. Pier Solar as soon as it passes certification, which has taken a while.

You're right about the lack of retail releases. But with how many downloadable games we got in June (plus Sniper Elite 3 this week and downloadable Guacamelee) this week, I won't feel the sting at all.

Thanks for the update, Pool would be great fun.

Roundabout is getting launch details next week. They're going to narrow the XB1 release date window but can't give an exact date yet due to certification and ratings

roundabouto9kg9.png

The Gold Club is due this month as it stands, its been rated by USK so I've added it to the OP with Roundabout

golfclubr9k2m.png

Golf Club looks really interesting, hope it comes out over the summer!

TK Turk

Banned
I'm hating myself for being that guy that never gave indies a try last month. I think I'm having more fun with these games than I am the AAA games. I am absolutely loving Guacamelee!!! Contrast was super fun. I think I've downloaded and beat 10 or so indie games so far, unreal.

I'm hating myself for being that guy that never gave indies a try last month. I think I'm having more fun with these games than I am the AAA games. I am absolutely loving Guacamelee!!! Contrast was super fun. I think I've downloaded and beat 10 or so indie games so far, unreal.

Yep, that's why whenever someone mentions a "game drought" I can't help but chuckle. I've been playing more "indies" on XB1 than retail games :p.

Point in case, I played Contrast, Valiant Hearts, SSSP, Guacamelee last two weeks for indies, and only Wolfenstein for AAA.

TK Turk

Banned
Yep, that's why whenever someone mentions a "game drought" I can't help but chuckle. I've been playing more "indies" on XB1 than retail games :p.

Point in case, I played Contrast, Valiant Hearts, SSSP, Guacamelee last two weeks for indies, and only Wolfenstein for AAA.

There was a game drought though IMO up until just a few weeks ago. Now we are in good shape.

Impossible to explain, look up a video in youtube. Looks like it would be fun for 30 seconds (at least for me).

Fun for way longer than 30 seconds! I played it for about 20 minutes at PAX East. Went in skeptical because I thought it looked silly from the vids, but playing it is flipping awesome. I had a smile on my face the whole time.

Basically, the limo is always rotating, so you need to time up your movements through the streets so that you aren't destroying the limo while trying to do your objectives. 3-4 good hits on getting caught up on something and you are back to the previous checkpoint. It's really cool trying to collect all the coins while jumping, continuously rotating, getting around obstacles like buildings, fences, cars, ect.

Mix all that in with hilarious FMV and it's good fun. It sounds silly on paper, but like I said, playing it is pretty darn addicting.

That guy playing is pretty bad at it, haha :p

m23

Downloaded Guacamelee last night! =P
Will there be one more game for this month?

Seems like it's just that and Max being extended through to August 3. I believe it'll only be one game per month, we just got 2 for the start of the program.

LNBL

Kind of excited for the Destiny beta, reserved a copy of the game on a dutch retailer website which only requests a name and e-mail for a pre-order. I'll try and get some extra to give out here once they send the codes.(If they are still in stock!)

Top Bottom