• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

riptidegp2hhd58.png

Riptide GP2 out this Friday! Not sure on the price as yet

Other than Evolve, all 3 games say 'This item is currently unavailable'. Anyone else getting that? They seemed to be priced the same as the XB1 marketplace, so what is the incentive to buy from here? Do they go on sale frequently?

I doubt they'll go on sale much at all. I haven't noticed the PS4 digital titles go on sale.

I guess the incentive is just convenience for some people, but I think buying this way would forfeit the Rewards kickback.

Riptide GP2 is $5 for those that didn't see the thread about it.

Btw, regarding the OP, would it be a better idea to put new releases and coming soon games at the top?
Im not sure if anyone still uses it but it doesn't take much effort to do the pictures and add info so I don't mind, just wondered if anyone thought that would be a good idea

I'm fine with either way, but when I see this thread highlighted in my subscriptions, I always check the newest posts first rather than the OP.

zorbsie

$5 for Riptide is the right price. I'm all over that.

Regarding the OP, I've gone to it in the past a few times. But I'm usually just checking the latest post in the thread. I know you said it's not much effort, but you've been doing a great job keeping this up to date here Steve. Thanks to you, Banjo and Eastx I get almost all my downloadable gaming news from this thread.

Agreed, Steve does a great job keeping everything up to date. Tons of releases in the next couple months, hope it continues throughout the year now that ID@Xbox is established

Thanks guys :) I will perhaps have a play around with it later, I'm glad we're getting quite a few upcoming releases now though, good times

flkraven

Btw, regarding the OP, would it be a better idea to put new releases and coming soon games at the top?
Im not sure if anyone still uses it but it doesn't take much effort to do the pictures and add info so I don't mind, just wondered if anyone thought that would be a good idea

As others have said, you do a great job with the OP but I unfortunately don't get to appreciate it that much since I immediately go to the latest posts. Whatever is easiest for you is probably best.

Guerrilla

I use it, and it's a great service, thanks for that btw :)

New ones on the top would make a lot of sense

I haven't played Dead Rising 3 since launch. How is the edition that is on sale at the store for $30?

Is it a good deal if I liked the game initially? Any patches that fixed anything?

U2NUMB

I haven't played Dead Rising 3 since launch. How is the edition that is on sale at the store for $30?

Is it a good deal if I liked the game initially? Any patches that fixed anything?

I would say it is a good deal.. the DLC's are mostly just quick tiny campaigns but they are enjoyable if you like the game. For 30 it is a solid value if you enjoy digital versions of the game.

derFeef

I need a game where I can quickly jump in and have some fun for an hour or two. I thought about buying Zombie Driver but that surely will get a discount sooner or later, right?

I'm tempted to pull out the one and buy riptide gp 2 for the 3rd time tonight, want to support a fun game and for it's asking price, not a problem.

As I said in the Riptide GP2 thread, it seems it doesn't have online multiplayer. Its only £4 so I'm not bothered but a strange omission as it has it on Steam and was announced with it last year.

Im still really enjoying it though

As I said in the Riptide GP2 thread, it seems it doesn't have online multiplayer. Its only £4 so I'm not bothered but a strange omission as it has it on Steam and was announced with it last year.

Im still really enjoying it though
really? in that case I'm just going to stick with my android copy running on the ouya for now, same game.

Ohmbrew

I gotta say, Riptide is a lot of fun!

It's a quick play game that you can spend anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours with. The graphics are bright and colourful, and for the price, I enjoyed it (actually, even if it was more than $5, I'd be enjoying it)!

I wasn't expecting too much since I had no prior experience with the Riptide series, so maybe that's why I was pleasantly surprised.

I gotta say, Riptide is a lot of fun!

It's a quick play game that you can spend anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours with. The graphics are bright and colourful, and for the price, I enjoyed it (actually, even if it was more than $5, I'd be enjoying it)!

I wasn't expecting too much since I had no prior experience with the Riptide series, so maybe that's why I was pleasantly surprised.

Riptide GP 1 on iOS was rather fun, GP 2 took that base and revised it with a lot of polish.

The best water based racer I have played since wave race 64 goes to Aqua Moto Racing 2, with riptide gp 2 coming in 3rd (because it's a little more arcade-like)

Doukou

Loving Riptide, been blowing through the stages three stars. One complaint would be that hot laps require you to upgrade to beat them in the first 2 or so sections, kinda annoyed since I wanted to horde my money for the last wave racer.

Me too. A current-gen Jet Moto would be amazing.

But I was a bit deflated to learn from Spades (in the Riptide thread) that top lap times are achieved by avoiding the ramps. :/

I always thought that using ramps slows you down too much in areas, it's ok for smaller ramps where you can hug the water and get some boost meter but there is little reason to detour on some tracks to get big air and a full boost meter, you might as well just keep on going in a straight line.

Top Bottom