• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Delryk

Well fuck me. Did any of you like it?

I liked it... played the beta with 2 other buddies and it was fun... Didn't feel *at all* like any PC MMORPG but i'll play this game for sure. Atleast until Elder Scrolls Online comes out.. :)

Looks like Kudo made a visit down to Twisted Pixel.

https://twitter.com/KudoTsunoda/status/570012351715373056

Hopefully we'll see what they're working on soon.

Who is Kudo?

Was lucky enough to play it on a demo cart at MS Campus last week. The game is flipping beautiful and it controls wonderfully.Already PM'ed Thomas and told him I owe him a big hug if I ever see him. Seriously people...this game is the real deal.

Awesome. I'm really looking forward to it!

PaulLFC

Tomorrow I'll be an Xbox One owner having decided I wanted to play Forza and seen a deal I couldn't really pass up (XB1, ACBF, AC Unity and Forza 5 GOTY for £279.99 - still available at Game) - I do have one question regarding regional pricing:

Is it as easy to take advantage of US pricing and sales on Xbox Live as it is on PSN? On the PS4 I just have a US account also signed in to the console along with my main (UK) account, and if I see a good US discount, simply buy instant credit codes from Amazon US, redeem them on the PS Store using my US account, and buy the game using wallet funds. It then downloads to the PS4 and I can switch to my UK account and play it.

Is it a similar process for XBL or is it not as easy?

danowat

Banned
Is it as easy to take advantage of US pricing and sales on Xbox Live as it is on PSN? On the PS4 I just have a US account also signed in to the console along with my main (UK) account, and if I see a good US discount, simply buy instant credit codes from Amazon US, redeem them on the PS Store using my US account, and buy the game using wallet funds. It then downloads to the PS4 and I can switch to my UK account and play it.

Is it a similar process for XBL or is it not as easy?

It's easier, because you don't need to fanny around with different accounts

Montresor

Is it confirmed that Blazblue is coming out to XB1? What about games like Tales of Zestiria?

I get Persona 5 is not coming (sad face) but what about other Japanese games?

Is Silent Hills coming to XB1?

m23

Is it confirmed that Blazblue is coming out to XB1? What about games like Tales of Zestiria?

I don't think we have an official word on platforms for silent hill aside from ps4.

PaulLFC

It's easier, because you don't need to fanny around with different accounts
So you just change the account region to US somewhere in the settings, buy what you want, and change it back to UK?

Wouldn't doing that regularly (as in every couple of weeks or so if there are good sales) eventually flag the account up as it keeps changing region over and over again?

danowat

Banned
So you just change the account region to US somewhere in the settings, buy what you want, and change it back to UK?

Wouldn't doing that regularly (as in every couple of weeks or so if there are good sales) eventually flag the account up as it keeps changing region over and over again?

Correct, and no (see caveat below).

As long as you use pre-paid points cards, there is no issue, there is a number of rumours that people buying content from a different store eventually flagged their credit card and then said credit card was disabled from purchasing things from a different store (it happened to me, but I still use prepaid points cards).

Useful site for seeing which store is cheapest http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php.

Guerrilla

nah, i changed a million times to different regions, still fine. Even though, why would you change back to uk anyway? I just leave it as us. There's no upside having it set to uk imo

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend is confirmed for Xbox One.

I also would love to play Persona 5 on Xbox One, I played both Arena and Ultimax on the 360 but it seems like most of the japanese developers don't want to broaden their audience.

Well fuck me. Did any of you like it?

For a beta I enjoyed my time playing it. I rolled a scourge warlock and will probably do that again as it fits my mage style of play.

When in the main zone it was a bit laggy but outside if this area it played fine.

PaulLFC

Correct, and no (see caveat below).

As long as you use pre-paid points cards, there is no issue, there is a number of rumours that people buying content from a different store eventually flagged their credit card and then said credit card was disabled from purchasing things from a different store (it happened to me, but I still use prepaid points cards).

Useful site for seeing which store is cheapest http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php.

nah, i changed a million times to different regions, still fine. Even though, why would you change back to uk anyway? I just leave it as us. There's no upside having it set to uk imo
Thanks, good to know it's that simple! Guess I'm just thinking of possible situations where the UK store may be cheaper for something, but I haven't really kept up with how Xbox sales are run across regions (US/EU sales are often different on PSN for example).

I think the only real benefit is if you enjoy the UK specific apps for video/tv content, otherwise, ya, US seems to be the way to go.

Any word on if those frame-rate issues with Pneuma were because of the stream or is the frame-rate in game really that bad?
Haven't been able to ask our reviewer yet, but Alex Judd says it was a problem with the stream: https://twitter.com/soonerjudd/status/570335245792210946

lacopskkjlx.png

Just looked that game up, looks interesting and it's already coming out this friday. Hope the frame-rate probs are really just the streaming...

Haven't been able to ask our reviewer yet, but Alex Judd says it was a problem with the stream: https://twitter.com/soonerjudd/status/570335245792210946

IUQb6Gi.png

This is good news. Although they really should try to do another stream before release to clear up any doubts people have about the frame-rate.

Bsigg12

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend is confirmed for Xbox One.

I also would love to play Persona 5 on Xbox One, I played both Arena and Ultimax on the 360 but it seems like most of the japanese developers don't want to broaden their audience.

Yea I would prefer to play P5 on my Xbox One but whatever. It seems odd that they would release P4 Arena and Catherine but then not bring P5 over.

flkraven

If people don't have external HDDs or unlimited bandwith already, it's time to buy both. A ton of free games coming up, and barely any place to put them. Just in the last month and a bit:

-NBA Live 15 added to EA Access Vault
-BF Hardline 10 hours of gameplay in EA Access
-Rayman Legends (and #IDARB if you don't have it already)
-Neverwinter
-Forza Horizon 2 presents Fast & Furious
-Double the April GwG games

This isn't counting all the games that cost money that are coming out in March, nor is it counting the F2P games without release dates like Happy Wars and the newly announce Fable Legends. So glad I got an external!

yeah the 500GB drive is starting to look like the launch 20GB on the 360, why they didn't allow the internal drive to be swapped out like a 360 slims is silly, that was a good solution.

danowat

Banned
yeah the 500GB drive is starting to look like the launch 20GB on the 360, why they didn't allow the internal drive to be swapped out like a 360 slims is silly, that was a good solution.

A large external is a much simpler solution (IMO)

I picked up a 3TB one, and it's got loads on it, still only at 18%

It's not silly at all. I just picked up a 1.5 TB external USB 3.0 so now I have a combined 2TB for the system. It's better than what you have to do with the PS4. :(

Top Bottom