• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Nice to see some Happy Wars love in here. Fun game with friends, can't come soon enough.

I must have spent £20 over a few months with happy wars just buying card packs, it was my little bit of support towards a fun team based game.

My only issue was lag, sometimes there was lag into the seconds and you would die out of nowhere or the guy you are hitting was taking no damage, they really need to fix that for the xbox one version.

Leflus

When did you hear that? Phil Spencer tweeted about their new game recently when I asked him... that would be very sudden
Plus, they hired a new animator last month:
Animator
Twisted Pixel Games

January 2015 – Present (2 months)|Austin, Texas Area

Animating on some super duper cool AAA game

Man... Kampfheld's comments on the previous page is pretty damn hype-worthy. Here's hoping that he's not including Kinect Sports and Avatars as two of the four IPs. :p

Honestly I don't know. Reveal? Maybe. Release? I don't think so. But again, I don't know much at that point besides some conceptual footage.

Must be working on something fairly big then I'd have to imagine. Been over year since Lococycle at this point. Though I guess there was a two year gap between Gunstringer and Lococycle as well so maybe I'm grasping at straws.

Honestly I don't know. Reveal? Maybe. Release? I don't think so. But again, I don't know much at that point besides some conceptual footage.

Its one of those games that I think will fit into the 2016 thing Phil mentioned, I mean, I obviously have no idea if it could hit this year but I think it'll be next as I can imagine on the downloadable side they will have Battletoads, PressPlays next game, Killer Instinct Season 3... having more stuff would obviously be great but this seems to be very different and bigger from TP, so they should take more time to get it spot on.

Must be working on something fairly big then I'd have to imagine. Been over year since Lococycle at this point. Though I guess there was a two year gap between Gunstringer and Lococycle as well so maybe I'm grasping at straws.

Worth noting they finished Lococycle on 360 earlier in 2013 and Double Helix did XB1/PC ports too so by holiday this year they could have theoretically have 2.5 years

How long has the store had 'Forza horizon 2 and Forza motorsport 5 bundie' listed under coming soon?

Shows a price of £84.99 down to £56.94 for gold members, horizon 2 is 44.99 rrp digitally so that's £17 for forza 5 included.

zorbsie

Good to hear that Twisted Pixel is doing fine. I really like that team. Enjoyed everything they've done. Can't wait to see what they have planned next.

I knew Roundabout was coming, but didn't know it was so soon. Might double dip on that one.

I hope there is a greater trend to have downloadable games with a gold member discount. Even if it's just for the first week or two. There has been a few games already that have done it and I wish that it was a more common practice. It's not a huge discount, but I'm sure it would push some people who are on the fence about a game.

Just bought Costume Quest 2, considering How to Survive Storm Warning Edition as well. Dat Steverulez backlog

Flockers, D4, Sleeping Dogs, CQ2, The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead S1/2, Life is Strange Episode 1, RE Remastered, Rayman Legends, GTAV, Halo CEA (MCC), Kalimba, The Escapists...

Im drowning in games guys, help, hellllllll-------.......

Downloaded Screamride demo, Lords of Fallen for $9, Costume Quest 2 for $5. Welcome to the backlog.

Episodic Adventure "Troll and I" coming to XB1 in 4th quarter: http://www.trueachievements.com/n19431/troll-and-i-coming-to-xbox-one.htm
The Swindle coming to XB1: http://www.trueachievements.com/n19410/the-swindle-heading-to-consoles.htm

Trivial Pursuit Live is also back on the marketplace for $15 after being pulled back in December: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...UIT-LIVE/4f54dc21-378e-46d3-b408-a921c13ccd8b

Montresor

I only have 49 clips saved and Upload says I'm at 91% storage used. No!!!!!

We're only one year into this gen. How am I going to continue saving my favourite clips for each game.

Anyone else think they should up the storage limit? By 20fold? I've been carefully trimming my favourite cutscenes for every game I've played. That wont mean much if within 6 months I'm going to have to pick and choose what I get to keep.

Boo! I already know the new Tomb Raider and Quantum Break are very likely to have three sequences each that I'll want to record and keep forever. Darn...

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Did you guys play the Screamride demo?

Is it my Xbox or the framerate is a complete and utter mess?

I noticed one part where is seemed to slow to 1-2 FPS but I didn't know if it was some effect or something. Aside from that it seemed fine to me. My girlfriend and I had a lot of fun with the demo, especially the destruction part. I would get it but not sure at $40.

I only have 49 clips saved and Upload says I'm at 91% storage used. No!!!!!

We're only one year into this gen. How am I going to continue saving my favourite clips for each game.

Anyone else think they should up the storage limit? By 20fold? I've been carefully trimming my favourite cutscenes for every game I've played. That wont mean much if within 6 months I'm going to have to pick and choose what I get to keep.

Boo! I already know the new Tomb Raider and Quantum Break are very likely to have three sequences each that I'll want to record and keep forever. Darn...

I'm probably going to archive mine by uploading them to YouTube. I've already got some up there. I'm not a big fan of the added compression though. Also, you can download them from OneDrive, but then they're not in a sharable spot.

Kampfheld

Banned

Oh, someone is reading gaf hu :p

Not everything I write always needs to mean something, so ... I really like this one!

B-DiyaTIYAAhGvv.jpg:large

Find the Banjo! :)

B-CUWetIIAArdca.jpg:large

I've been playing Hand of Fate now for almost two hours now, I'm not normally a fan of deck building/rpg/rougelike hybrids but the presentation really pulls you in.
Anyone else grab it?

I was waiting until tomorrow because I thought there were issues with Live, but I'm definitely getting it.

Edit: Well, just bought it and Blue Estate, and everything is downloading fine.

Doukou

Been playing Hand of Fate and it seems fun and interesting.

Did the first 3 levels and it has been fun, though it's Arkham style combat so it has also been very easy.

Orca

My thoughts on Hand of Fate, from a thread on Reddit:

I'm three bosses in and it looks like a weird cross of Project Spark and Fable, and plays like the combat portion of Rocksteady's Batman games, but HoF is pretty fun so far.

I was expecting something more like Magic the Gathering, but - while there are deckbuilding elements - it's really just an action game with a random layout element to your fights. Put your deck together and that'll be the things you encounter during your run at whatever boss you're up against.

There are 12 bosses to go after, four rows of three on the board, and you can replay old ones whenever you want but have to beat the current 'top' one to face the next up the chain...and clearing each row grants you bonuses like better starting equipment, but also hinders you with things like buffing enemies.

Beat challenges/encounters and you earn tokens - those unlock new cards. Each boss has a card limit for your deck that you need to hit, so you'll have to add or subtract cards and that can make for some tough choices.

Beat the first row of bosses and I've gotten an artifact that adds (via the right bumper) a poison element to my blade for a short time - but it's slow to activate so adds some risk - and a frost blade that has a weapon ability...hit left bumper to do a cone of frost.

Put up a video of one encounter here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDwm2dGfP9Y

I'm admittedly pretty early, but it's been fun so far. The combat isn't overly difficult yet, but I can see that finishing off each 'row' of bosses makes things harder by buffing enemies, and there are more to see. I got a helmet that makes Lizardmen take more damage, for example, but haven't seen any yet.

Edit - Just beat the fourth boss, which unlocks Endless mode - the roguelike portion of the game. Had a great run going, got a fantastic hammer at the end of the first level and then immediately lost it to the random curse that hits you at the end of each level.
Recovered by the third level and had built up a good store of food, then had it wiped out by donating to a town with starving children (they took half) and then an encounter with goblins. The remainder didn't leave me with enough to make it through the large maze of cards. Starving drains you of 10 HP every step, and it didn't take long until an encounter killed me.

zou

ubisoft is such a fucking incompetent company. all of their hasbro games perform like shit. fucking risk can't keep a steady framerate. the missions have to be claimed individually. which would only be annoying as hell, would it not also lock up and crash my xbox every third level or so.

pathethic.

edit: not to mention their shitty notifications obstruct the game play, or in the case of risk blurs the damn screen. useless fucks.

Special C

Hand of Fate is really fun, though through the first 3 runs it was super easy and I was never in any danger of losing, Biggest complaint is combat is so easy. Hopefully it gets harder. The rest of the game is really unique and fun.

zorbsie

I know it' early still, but do we have any idea what game we will be getting in March? I'm assuming they are sticking with one new game and one carried over game.

Top Bottom