• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

I know it' early still, but do we have any idea what game we will be getting in March? I'm assuming they are sticking with one new game and one carried over game.

Confirmed dates:

Shiftlings - 4th
White Night - 6th
Ori - 11th

Devs have dated these as "March" but not specified any further: Oddworld, Olli Olli, Spectra, Magnetic Cage Closed. Lifeless Planet was "February March" but I think it will be slightly later than that...

Its all in the OP!!

zorbsie

ID@Xbox is streaming Pneuma on twitch right now. Game looks beautiful, but frame rate does not look too hot. Maybe it's just the stream, but I doubt it. Still want this game. Looks like a great puzzle game.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Hand of Fate is really good. The combat has been easy so far but the concept and presentation are great (and I don't mean graphics which are decent). Reminds me of playing table top RPGs.

Bsigg12

ID@Xbox is streaming Pneuma on twitch right now. Game looks beautiful, but frame rate does not look too hot. Maybe it's just the stream, but I doubt it. Still want this game. Looks like a great puzzle game.

Well, dang. I'll definitely be checking it out but it's a bummer if the framerate gets wonky.

eastx

Hand of Fate is really good. The combat has been easy so far but the concept and presentation are great (and I don't mean graphics which are decent). Reminds me of playing table top RPGs.

Fully agreed. I'm still a little fuzzy on the metagame, but just playing through a round of it is a lot of fun.

Montresor

So many games are coming out lately. I'm going to skip out on Blue Estate (I'm not interested in an on-rails FPS) and Hand of Fate (I'm not interested in a beat-em-up or deck building).

Roundabout does look neat though - the description on xbox.com sounds incredible: "Roundabout is a '70s B-Movie game where you drive a constantly revolving limousine! Pick up passengers, find secret collectibles, take on dangerous missions, and fall in love in an open world puzzle adventure."

Does anyone have any solid impressions?

Confirmed dates:

Shiftlings - 4th
White Night - 6th
Ori - 11th

Devs have dated these as "March" but not specified any further: Oddworld, Olli Olli, Spectra, Magnetic Cage Closed. Lifeless Planet was "February March" but I think it will be slightly later than that...

Its all in the OP!!

I'm not sure about Shiftlings but White Night and Ori look to be incredible purchases. March will be exciting.

speedomodel

Yeah, with White Night and Ori in the next few weeks I won't be picking up these last few since none really grab me.

Blue Estate sort of interests me, mostly because I keep hearing good things. But it looks like a bit of a grind so I'll wait for GWG haha.

RedStep

Roundabout does look neat though - the description on xbox.com sounds incredible: "Roundabout is a '70s B-Movie game where you drive a constantly revolving limousine! Pick up passengers, find secret collectibles, take on dangerous missions, and fall in love in an open world puzzle adventure."

Does anyone have any solid impressions?

I picked up Roundabout last night, I'm not sure what I think about it yet. It doesn't seem to know what it is - the ambience says "wacky throwback action", but the gameplay requires precision and patience. You have to time your moves exactly with the rotation to get through narrow corridors, etc. You rarely get to move at anything resembling speed.

Going along with that conflict, the game has ~12 goals for each mission ("Finish in 12 seconds", "Collect all coins", "Take no damage", etc) but it plays the exact same voiceover/cutscenes EVERY SINGLE TIME you restart the mission to get a better time or avoid damage (and every mission seems to have unique cutscenes/voiceover throughout). So if you're working out how to get through a tricky part without damage, it becomes an infuriating experience. This resulted in me turning voices off completely after about 30 minutes. A Score Attack-style mode shouldn't have that shit repeating endlessly.

I'd give it about a 5/10 after an hour or so, that may go up or down depending on how the rest plays out.

Montresor

I picked up Roundabout last night, I'm not sure what I think about it yet. It doesn't seem to know what it is - the ambience says "wacky throwback action", but the gameplay requires precision and patience. You have to time your moves exactly with the rotation to get through narrow corridors, etc. You rarely get to move at anything resembling speed.

Going along with that conflict, the game has ~12 goals for each mission ("Finish in 12 seconds", "Collect all coins", "Take no damage", etc) but it plays the exact same voiceover/cutscenes EVERY SINGLE TIME you restart the mission to get a better time or avoid damage (and every mission seems to have unique cutscenes/voiceover throughout). So if you're working out how to get through a tricky part without damage, it becomes an infuriating experience. This resulted in me turning voices off completely after about 30 minutes. A Score Attack-style mode shouldn't have that shit repeating endlessly.

I'd give it about a 5/10 after an hour or so, that may go up or down depending on how the rest plays out.

Welp - this makes me hesitant to buy the game now. Well, waiting for White Night and Ori I guess.

Played the first level of Ori...my god this game...flipping beautiful and controls wonderfully

Are you reviewing? Is there an embargo date?

Are you allowed to speak on such things?

Its one of those games that I think will fit into the 2016 thing Phil mentioned, I mean, I obviously have no idea if it could hit this year but I think it'll be next as I can imagine on the downloadable side they will have Battletoads, PressPlays next game, Killer Instinct Season 3... having more stuff would obviously be great but this seems to be very different and bigger from TP, so they should take more time to get it spot on.

Worth noting they finished Lococycle on 360 earlier in 2013 and Double Helix did XB1/PC ports too so by holiday this year they could have theoretically have 2.5 years

What is the "2016 thing" that Spencer mentioned?

What is the "2016 thing" that Spencer mentioned?

He said they had so many games coming around 2015 holiday that they had to move some stuff out of it into 2016.

Obvious ones are Scalebound, phantom dust (given it's recent developments) and then possibly twisted pixels game? Will be unannounced stuff after that.

100% we will see PressPlay again this year, they might even announce more than 1 game

He said they had so many games coming around 2015 holiday that they had to move some stuff out of it into 2016.

Obvious ones are Scalebound, phantom dust (given it's recent developments) and then possibly twisted pixels game? Will be unannounced stuff after that.

100% we will see PressPlay again this year, they might even announce more than 1 game

Cool. I wonder if Press Play will announce another Max game. I remember someone called Max a franchise. Max is cool but it's not my thing.

Cool. I wonder if Press Play will announce another Max game. I remember someone called Max a franchise. Max is cool but it's not my thing.

Before Kalimba was announced last year Phil said they were doing new IP and looking at more Max, I think we'll get both.

They were asking for people with combat and co-op experience in a job listing they did and on some press materials they supposedly mentioned multiple new IPs in development when Kalimba stuff was going out (I don't know for sure as I didn't get them but that is what was said)

Kampfheld

Banned
Just to get back to this for a very short moment and as I said earlier, Twisted Pixel is completely fine. Working on something bigger than usual for them - which results in more time needed.

Was lucky enough to play it on a demo cart at MS Campus last week. The game is flipping beautiful and it controls wonderfully.Already PM'ed Thomas and told him I owe him a big hug if I ever see him. Seriously people...this game is the real deal.

Just to get back to this for a very short moment and as I said earlier, Twisted Pixel is completely fine. Working on something bigger than usual for them - which results in more time needed.

Fingers crossed it's something more serious.

I love their humour, but I'd really like to see something more serious from them. The concept art in Loco seemed to hint towards them working on something more serious and larger in scope...

Yeah, the frame-rate in that video has really dampened my interest in the game. Hopefully it's a video encoding issue, but it doesn't seem likely.

We should find out soon enough either way, but it's no longer an instant purchase after that stream.

Kampfheld

Banned
No way ... This looks like constant 10 or 15 fps. There has to be a problem with the stream. I hope so ... At least.

Acually, the more I watch the stream ... I'm not sure about bad encoding anymore.

Alx

I played the first level of Blue Estate... it's quite fun. I loved all the kinect gestures. Shame for the lack of boss in that level though.

speedomodel

Sort of tempted to grab Sleeping Dogs...

But I already grinded a good chunk of the 360 version and got burned out, so I will wait for $10..

amardilo

At £16 Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition starts to fall into my price bracket. Does anyone know if they fixed or reduced the frame rate dips on the Xbox One version (or got it to the same level as the PS4 version)?

Montresor

Man $24 is such a sweet spot for those $60/$70 retail games. I bought Sherlock Holmes last week at that price. I'm really tempted to get Sleeping Dogs now too.

zorbsie

Sleeping dogs is $28 in Canada, but still a great price. Picking it up later today. Loved the game on the 360 but couldn't justify $70 price when it came out.

Top Bottom