• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

pneuma6zux9.png

The power of UE4, 10.5gb! Xbox.com link

neverwinter00u5d.png
slenderueux5.png

A couple of other release dates (Slender UK price isn't confirmed but... its usually 20% cheaper in UK so i'll go with that)

I feel like I'm missing one but I can't think what it is so if anyone notices something I don't feel free to put it in here. Should be another good month.

Curve have some announcements tomorrow I think, I would assume a release date for OlliOlli could be one of them? Also, Stealth Inc 2 trophies leaked and the ESRB rating pegged it for Xbox One too so that could be part of tomorrows announcement as well, we will see.

So any impressions on pneuma?

One Impression
Was lucky enough to get a very early copy, so had already finished it.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Less cerebral than Talos Principle and a bit shorter, my play time was around 6 hours. I got stuck on a couple of puzzles, one for at least an hour. Which is funny as currently I'm watching a twitch stream where player is stuck on the puzzle I was for an hour, 30 mins they have been battling it.

I thought the experience/story was good, all the way through I was taking the narrator in. He doesn't stop at times which some people may find annoying but in the end I had a smile on my face and thought, yeah I really enjoyed that outcome.

Got 850g straight through, there are three hidden/optional puzzles (50g each), one of which I found and I was just standing in a room thinking WTF do I do to crack this.

I haven't managed that one yet and need to actually find the other two.

I would recommend it, try not to spoil it if your interested in playing through, it's the type of game that's great to experience completely fresh and without knowledge of puzzle solutions.

PaulLFC

I've been searching around and didn't find anything so I assume the answer to this will be 'no', but just in case... is there any way to monitor your XB1 download list on PC or mobile? I left it downloading and wanted to check progress while I'm away from the console. Doesn't seem this can be done though, there's 360 download management on xbox.com, but not Xbox One by the looks of it.

danowat

Banned
I've been searching around and didn't find anything so I assume the answer to this will be 'no', but just in case... is there any way to monitor your XB1 download list on PC or mobile? I left it downloading and wanted to check progress while I'm away from the console. Doesn't seem this can be done though, there's 360 download management on xbox.com, but not Xbox One by the looks of it.

Correct, there is (currently) no way to access it from your browser.

Montresor

How does Pneumia compare to (below are some of my favourite puzzle games):

The Cave
The Bridge
Braid
Fez
ilomilo
PB Winterbottom
Brothers

The thing I like about the above games is they each have a wonderful art style, satisfying puzzles, and an interesting story.

pacman85

I wonder when EA access will have monthly codes you can buy, I really don't want to add my credit card again to xbl
I was able to go into Gamestop (with $30 in Gamestop gift cards I got from Bing Rewards, no less) and buy a 1 year subscription to EA Access there in the store. They don't have any cards or anything but I read online you can go to the cashier and they can just look it up in their system and your code prints out on the receipt. Sure enough, this was the case. It worked flawlessly after some initial confusion by the Gamestop employee as to what I wanted.

I knew i'd forgotten something:

zombiearmytrilogyv8r3j.png

It seems to be £30... its a disc release in the UK but doesn't appear to be in the US but ignoring that, its still an ID@Xbox game!

I am quite interested in it but I have so much to play its ridiculous and i'll give that one a miss at launch anyway, might pick up OlliOlli instead

PaulLFC

Not really sure if this is the right thread to ask, but it's related to XB1 downloads so here goes:

I think I'm missing something obvious somewhere, but could someone explain to me how the Xbox One handles downloads when it's 'off' but in 'always on' mode to keep downloading?

Picked up a console bundle a couple of days ago, and 3 times now I've left it downloading in always-on, powered it back up and it's downloading something completely different from what I expected, and what it was downloading at power-off time.

I have quite a few titles queued, and so far:

- Started downloading Forza 5, put XB1 into always-on... woke up, it had paused Forza and started downloading AC Unity
- Put it back into always-on and went to work. Got home, it had paused AC, downloaded a couple of demos and started on EA UFC.
- Finally powered it off again as a test (with UFC downloading), powered it up a few minutes later and it was downloading Battlefield 4.

Is there a method to this that it uses to prioritise downloads? I don't understand why it doesn't just finish downloading what's currently in progress first.

Not really sure if this is the right thread to ask, but it's related to XB1 downloads so here goes:

I think I'm missing something obvious somewhere, but could someone explain to me how the Xbox One handles downloads when it's 'off' but in 'always on' mode to keep downloading?

Picked up a console bundle a couple of days ago, and 3 times now I've left it downloading in always-on, powered it back up and it's downloading something completely different from what I expected, and what it was downloading at power-off time.

- Started downloading Forza 5, put XB1 into always-on... woke up, it had paused Forza and started downloading AC Unity
- Put it back into always-on and went to work. Got home, it had paused AC, downloaded a couple of demos and started on EA UFC.
- Finally powered it off again as a test (with UFC downloading), powered it up a few minutes later and it was downloading Battlefield 4.

Is there a method to this that it uses to prioritise downloads? I don't understand why it doesn't just finish downloading what's currently in progress first.

That is strange... not sure what to recommend about that, the only thing I can think of is that the console prioritised ACU for some reason, lots of people downloading Forza for instance?

Certainly very strange, I can't say I've had that before

Special C

I can't even get mine to start downloading when I buy from smartglass or Xbox.com without waking up my box. They don't even start downloading until I manually start it.

Happens to me all the time. It's infuriating when you are on a slow connection and want it to download in the right order.

speedomodel

Bit the bullet and ordered Zombie Army Trilogy from the UK...roughly same price as digital and I think I'll want the physical for this release...Also, can't play it day one anyway so the waiting will actually help.

Bit the bullet and ordered Zombie Army Trilogy from the UK...roughly same price as digital and I think I'll want the physical for this release...Also, can't play it day one anyway so the waiting will actually help.

Did the same. GBP 30 with shipping. Do we know the US digital price?

Top Bottom