• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Leflus

http://news.xbox.com/2015/03/games-idxbox-gdc-2015

Looks like Shovel Knight is coming to XBO. :)

Edit:
Some (but not all) of the ID@Xbox games being shown in San Francisco this week are included below, and be sure to check out the Xbox YouTube page for new trailers!

•Bedlam (RedBedlam): Based on the novel by award-winning British author Christopher Brookmyre, this is a shooter for everyone who remembers gaming in the ‘80s and ‘90s!

•Beyond Eyes (Team17): How does a blind person navigate the world? This unique title might give you some sense of what it’s like to live in a world without sight, as you control a young girl in search of her lost cat.

•ClusterPuck 99 (PHL Collective): This competitive sports game features eight-player local competitive action.

•Cuphead (Studio MDHR): A run-and-gun adventure, with plenty of 1930s style animation to keep things interesting! It will make its console debut on Xbox One!

•Earthlock: Festival of Magic (Snowcastle Games): An exciting, nonlinear role-playing game.

•The Flame in the Flood[/B (The Molasses Flood)]: A rogue-lite river journey through the backwaters of a forgotten post-societal America. It will make its console debut on Xbox One.

•Fortified (Clapfoot Games): An exciting new take on action-strategy games that combines shooter, real-time strategy, and base defense mechanics.

•Game 4 (The Behemoth): One of the weirdest turn-based strategy games you’ll ever play, with plenty of The Behemoth’s unmistakable style.

•Goat Simulator (Double Eleven): You are a goat, and you are on a rampage. What more do you need to know? More goat to the people!

•LA Cops (Team 17): This top-down strategy shooter celebrates everything awesome about ‘70s cop fiction.

•Magic the Gathering: F2P (Wizards of the Coast): The world’s most beloved collectible card game goes free-to-play! It will make its console debut first on Xbox one

•Mighty No. 9 (Comcept): This Kickstarter darling is the brainchild of acclaimed developer Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man. True side-scrolling perfection!

•Pixel Galaxy (Serenity Forge): It’s one heck of a hectic shoot-’em-up, inspired by Katamari Damacy. Grow, make friends, and survive together!

•R.B.I. Baseball 15 (MLB.com): The legendary Major League Baseball franchise returns with fresh game modes, authentic ballparks, improved animations, and deep stat-tracking.

•Rivals of Aether (Dan Fornace): This fighting game challenges you to uncover the elemental mysteries of Fire, Water, Air, and Earth.

•Shadow Blade: Reload (Dead Mage): Guide a young ninja on his journey to seek the teachings of the last remaining ninja master as he embarks on a quest for revenge.

•Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games): Steel thy shovel! The amazing retro sidescrolling adventure is coming to Xbox One!

•SMITE (Hi-Rez Studios): The next evolution in multiplayer online battle arena space. Assemble your team, choose your hero, and destroy your opponents. Stay tuned for details on the Xbox One beta, coming very soon!

•Submerged (Uppercut Games): You’re trapped in an ancient, half-submerged city, with next to nothing. Explore the flooded cityscape and scale its buildings in a fight to survive!

•Super Dungeon Bros (React! Games): A multiplayer dungeon-crawling extravaganza with a rock music theme. Get your bros together and get ready to rock out!

•SWORDY (Frogshark): In this multiplayer physics brawler, you will hit your friends until they explode. You really have to see this one to wrap your head around this craziness. We’re pleased to say Swordy will debut first on Xbox One.

•The Sun and Moon (Digerati Distribution and Marketing): It’s a platformer with a twist: You can dive into the ground, reversing your gravity while conserving your momentum. Winner of the Ludum Dare 29 competition!

•ZHEROS (Rimlight Studios): This 3D action brawler – set in an alternative future universe – is rife with engaging combat and outrageous characters.

jbug617

Banned
They announced more games here:

Those are just some of the new games coming to Xbox One via ID@Xbox. In all, it’s an exciting time for independent games on Xbox One. Some more of the amazing games in development now for Xbox One include: inXile Entertainment’s Wasteland 2, A Crowd of Monsters’ Blues and Bullets, David Jose Lourenco Amador’s Quest of Dungeons, Grande Games’ Commander Cherry’s Puzzled Journey, 34 Big Things’ Hyperdrive Massacre and Red Out, Little Green Men’s Starpoint Gemini 2, Pewter Game Studios’ The Little Acre, Space Dust Studios’ Space Dust Racers, Tick Toc Games’ The Adventures of Pip, Digerati Distribution’s Paranautical Activity and Slain, Drop Dead Interactive’s Gear Gauntlet, Hitcents’ Draw a Stickman: Epic, Team2Bit’s Reagan Gorbachev, Lince Works’ Twin Souls: The Path of Shadows, Makin Games’ Raging Justice, Noble Whale’s Grabbles, Torch Games’ Run, Vertigo Games’ World of Diving, Maestro Game Studio’s Luna's Tale: The Curse of the Forgotten Doll and Unruly Attractions’ Standpoint.

speedomodel

Damn Wasteland 2 and Shovel Knight are great! Some of the other sound interesting, great to see the momentum is still going with ID@Xbox

kevin1025

Banned
That's an incredible list. I really like that trailers accompanied the announcement, really gets things exciting for the year and beyond. Like everyone else, I'm surprised by the inclusion of Wasteland 2, I wonder if they will adapt the controls to an XCOM style controller mapping or have something totally different planned.

The Flame and the Flood trailer got me hook line and sinker.

Ex-Bungie, ex-irrational and ex-harmonix make up some of the team, great talents from great studios.
Wasn't aware of the kickstarter, must have missed it. It just goes to show how some Kickstarters can be totally missed sometimes.

There are dozens of new videos in their youtube channel.

Blues and Bullets was already in my must buy list, and The Flame in The Flood definitly entered it (first time I hear of this game, it looks fantastic in every way). Submersed looks intriguing, must know more. And, of course, Cuphead.

Edited: Listening Chuck Ragan / The Flame in The Flood right now on Spootify.

B_NF_BjU0AEXUg_.jpg

Playable at the event...

looks awesome

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
The Flame and the Flood trailer got me hook line and sinker.

Ex-Bungie, ex-irrational and ex-harmonix make up some of the team, great talents from great studios.
Wasn't aware of the kickstarter, must have missed it. It just goes to show how some Kickstarters can be totally missed sometimes.

Just watched this trailer, looks really great. Had not heard of it before.

GoxRx

I liked The Flame in the Flood trailer too. I'm interested now.

Is there any chance of "Stranded Deep" coming to X1? I have seen the game on youtube and I would love to play it.

Montresor

This looks like a good week for games. I can't wait to try out White Night. I stayed up and played ScreamRide for a few hours. OlliOlli is Friday, right?

Anyone else think Microsoft needs to do something about getting Shovel Knight on Xbox One?

Nintendad asks about Shovel Knight on XB1, and a couple of hours later his wish come true. Can you make another post like this about Persona 5? :p

Delryk

I'm a sucker for Magic The Gathering... i hope you start with a "starter pack" and you can buy random booster packs a la HUT in Fifa/NHL/Madden...

It worked wonderfully for them on PC like 10 years ago...

atleast multiplayer wouldn't be boring like this as other players may or may not have the same cards. more different strategies possible... guess we'll see!

I'm a sucker for Magic The Gathering... i hope you start with a "starter pack" and you can buy random booster packs a la HUT in Fifa/NHL/Madden...

It worked wonderfully for them on PC like 10 years ago...

atleast multiplayer wouldn't be boring like this as other players may or may not have the same cards. more different strategies possible... guess we'll see!

"Magic Duels: Origins, the successor to Wizards of the Coast's popular Duels of the Planeswalkers franchise, is coming this July! Magic Duels will launch with the exciting storyline of the upcoming Magic Origins set, and will expand with regular downloadable content reflecting the latest sets. Two-Headed Giant mode returns, and the true free-to-play experience will delight all Magic players."

"Exciting new features of Magic Duels include:

Improved Deck Builder with step-by-step deck construction guidance
First-ever playable Planeswalker cards
Solo Battle mode featuring virtually endless AI opponents
Expanded multiplayer options, including Two-Headed Giant mode
Quest system with new individual and community challenges every week
Limitless Free-to-Play with 100% earnable content
All-new Skill Quest tutorial system"

Delryk

"Magic Duels: Origins, the successor to Wizards of the Coast's popular Duels of the Planeswalkers franchise, is coming this July! Magic Duels will launch with the exciting storyline of the upcoming Magic Origins set, and will expand with regular downloadable content reflecting the latest sets. Two-Headed Giant mode returns, and the true free-to-play experience will delight all Magic players."

"Exciting new features of Magic Duels include:

Improved Deck Builder with step-by-step deck construction guidance
First-ever playable Planeswalker cards
Solo Battle mode featuring virtually endless AI opponents
Expanded multiplayer options, including Two-Headed Giant mode
Quest system with new individual and community challenges every week
Limitless Free-to-Play with 100% earnable content
All-new Skill Quest tutorial system"

Thanks for the info!.. Way different from what I was thinking...

Olli Olli is $8.49 now.

the link you posted for Zombie Trilogy is bad.

Thanks, corrected. Posting from the phone and that autocorrect...

Can anyone confirm to me if there is a discount for Gold members on White Night? I bought it in console and there wasn't there, but strange that it is the only one from there releases that do not have (I may be screwed again for buying too early, like with Never Alone).

Thanks, corrected. Posting from the phone and that autocorrect...

Can anyone confirm to me if there is a discount for Gold members on White Night? I bought it in console and there wasn't there, but strange that it is the only one from there releases that do not have (I may be screwed again for buying too early, like with Never Alone).

No discount for me, $14.99.

Played the first chapter of White Night (from 6). Looks really short, the lenght was only die to the painfull slow character ( I know you are wounded, but that walk started to Be really annoying after a few minutes).

But the art direction is amazing.

I bought Lords when it went on sale briefly for $9. I like it so far, but some of the design decisions are frustrating compared to Dark Souls, such as the timer on your corpse.

Also, performance isn't great, and the frame rate bugs me. I'm hardly a FPS whore, but I find this game uncomfortable to play for long periods.

zorbsie

Not sure this is the right place to post this but here goes anyway. I went to buy Zombie Army Trilogy just now. It had the gold savings applied. I clicked on one of the twitch streams to check it out. When I went back to make the purchase the price was back to normal, no discount. That was a really quick sale considering Blue Estate still has the gold discount.

Bessy67

Not sure this is the right place to post this but here goes anyway. I went to buy Zombie Army Trilogy just now. It had the gold savings applied. I clicked on one of the twitch streams to check it out. When I went back to make the purchase the price was back to normal, no discount. That was a really quick sale considering Blue Estate still has the gold discount.
Yeah, same here. It shows in the GwG section as $39.99 but when it goes to the game's page it's $49.99. Hopefully it's a glitch and it'll go back down soon.

Edit: I guess it was just a short sale. I rebooted my console thinking maybe that would fix it but now Zombie Army Trilogy doesn't show up in the GwG section anymore. That really sucks, I was going to buy it today. Now I think I'll wait.

Edit #2: OK, now the discount worked. Try refreshing the page (LT + RT + X + Y) and the deal should show up.

Top Bottom