• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

If you buy Borderlands, can you download each game separately or do you have to download the entire package?

You should be able to download each item individually, including DLC.

I haven't downloaded Borderlands, but it has worked this way with Metro Redux and the Telltale Games Collection.

Daaaaaaaamn. I really hope I can somehow beat White Night later tonight. I want to dive right into Ori.

Sorry to ask this again but I don't think anyone answered me before - anyone have good impressions for Shiftlings?

edit: Banjo-Kazooie's site has a review: http://www.xboxgamer.me/shiftlings-review/. I'll have a look at that after my work day.
Ah yes, sorry, forgot to link that the other day...been hectic with PAX and all. The reviewer HAS NOT had a chance to check out co-op yet, so if that interests you, then you may need to check the review later in the week when we update it.

We also have some PAX impressions that should be up this week for State of Decay Year One edition, SMITE Xbox One, and Adventures of Pip which is out on XB1 in May.

Damn...cannot wait for this game. Thanks for posting!
You're welcome :). Let me add further that, and I need to double check this, but I believe this is the first 10/10 my site has given to a game. (we have been trying to steer away from giving a numbered score lately, but this game almost NEEDED one...)

The hype is real for Ori then?

11 hours to go until release, right?
I believe the release should be 5PM PDT (8PM EST) per Aaron Greenberg on twitter yesterday

Sunset season pass = instant buy. Now I need to decide what else I want.
Heck yes. Jumping on this also

flkraven

So, OlliOlli. Anyone playing it? Worth buying if I haven't played it yet? I generally enjoy platformers and skating games.

Been playing it a bit. It's not your typical platformer, per se. It has much more of an addictive quality as you are encoraged to play the relatively short levels hundreds of times in order to get it perfect. It's much more focused on hitting all the combos and landing just right and beating the high scores.

The obvious comparison is that it is a 2D Tony Hawk. I somewhat disagree. As strange as it sounds, it feels much more like a rythm game (without the rythm, lol) mixed with a fighting game. In order to succeed you need to know a variety of combos, and since you replay levels hundreds of times you end up getting the timing just right like any other rythm game. Strangely addicting. I've found myself getting caught spending 20-30 minutes on the first 10 seconds of a level, simply perfecting it.

IMO it's worth the money if you see yourself getting hooked on beating the high scores.

Been playing it a bit. It's not your typical platformer, per se. It has much more of an addictive quality as you are encoraged to play the relatively short levels hundreds of times in order to get it perfect. It's much more focused on hitting all the combos and landing just right and beating the high scores.

The obvious comparison is that it is a 2D Tony Hawk. I somewhat disagree. As strange as it sounds, it feels much more like a rythm game (without the rythm, lol) mixed with a fighting game. In order to succeed you need to know a variety of combos, and since you replay levels hundreds of times you end up getting the timing just right like any other rythm game. Strangely addicting. I've found myself getting caught spending 20-30 minutes on the first 10 seconds of a level, simply perfecting it.

IMO it's worth the money if you see yourself getting hooked on beating the high scores.

Cool, thanks for the in-depth impressions. Definitely sounds like it's right up my alley (no pun intended).

Montresor

Ah yes, sorry, forgot to link that the other day...been hectic with PAX and all. The reviewer HAS NOT had a chance to check out co-op yet, so if that interests you, then you may need to check the review later in the week when we update it.

Hmmm the game does sound pretty interesting but I'm still on the fence. I couldn't find any live streams on the XB1 store page for this game the other day. I'm watching some recorded streams on Twitch right now though.

Hmmm the game does sound pretty interesting but I'm still on the fence. I couldn't find any live streams on the XB1 store page for this game the other day. I'm watching some recorded streams on Twitch right now though.

Ya, I'm personally waiting for a sale just due to my backlog...my buddy reviewing it seemed to enjoy it though

Ahhh, that is from the Greenshoots program which AFAIK MS helps fund games, meaning expect it at least to be timed, if not exclusive to XB1

Why not try Inquisition while you can and then decide whether or not you'd like to buy it? That is certainly EA's intention, and it's not a bad one.

Probably because I will like it. Weird, but I cannot buy it right now and in 6 hours I will just scracth the beginning of the game.

I did not want to sound sour, it is really great that ea is letting all gamers play the full game and not Just a demo.

Edwardo

I'm trying to find somewhere on the xbox website to queue a download for the Dragon Age trial. I'm at work and wanted to start the download before I go home. Anyone know where to look?

I'm trying to find somewhere on the xbox website to queue a download for the Dragon Age trial. I'm at work and wanted to start the download before I go home. Anyone know where to look?

on the console itself it's an extra option when you go to buy or download the trial, it might not be an option for the website store.

odds on Ori being a GwG game? I don't NEED to buy it right now.

I won't lie to you, I suspect it will happen eventually but I haven't absolutely no idea when that will be. If you want to play it, the best I can suggest is that you buy it. The closer you buy it to release the furthest you are away from discounts and GwG which, well the first will definitely happen obviously.

UncleO

I have $65 in Microsoft cash and I cant decide on my next game

Halo MCC (its Halo)
or
GTA 5 (beat on 360 will it hold my attention again)
or
Shadows of Mordor
or
Destiny (enjoyed the beta but unhappy with the DLC lack)
or
Forza Horizon 2/ Forza 5 ( i enjoy racing but my race crew has moved to iracing and i didnt like it)

Suggestions?
I have EA access and Sunset Overdrive and Watchdogs

Halo MCC (its Halo)
or
or
Shadows of Mordor
or
or
Forza Horizon 2/ Forza 5 ( i enjoy racing but my race crew has moved to iracing and i didnt like it)

Suggestions?

Personally, I'd get Shadows of Mordor. I had the most fun with that game last year. Though I also can't say no to MCC. Now that the multiplayer is functional, there's an absolute ton of content there to hold you for months. I've played it for probably 65 hours and have only completed two of the four campaigns.

Halo MCC (its Halo)
or
or
Shadows of Mordor
or
or

Suggestions?

Forza.

MCC just got a bundle, if you hold on I bet the download codes come in stock at the relevant places and plummet in price if you are willing to wait a little longer.

Forza 5 and FH2 are both great games, Forza 5 had a lack of tracks at launch but they added 3 more and its very good although with Motorsport 6 this year perhaps Horizon would be better. Don't get Destiny, you already played GTAV, Mordor is good but... I enjoyed FH2 more

pacman85

MCC just got a bundle, if you hold on I bet the download codes come in stock at the relevant places and plummet in price if you are willing to wait a little longer.
I didn't think of this. Good point. I bet those download codes will be cheap eventually which is great as a far as I'm concerned. Anything that gets a higher population in the game is fine with me!

The way you describe it, it sorta sounds like Trials.

Ziggurat which we knew about (waiting for a price to be confirmed)

ziggurat6lugv.png

And a couple of others added to the "Coming soon" list. I'll start adding them as we get closer although I don't want to clutter it up too.

stealthinc2jcp4m.png
airmecharenavtund.png
badlandgotyx5u8b.png

eastx

Here's my Ori and the Blind Forest review. Although I think it's slightly too tough for the genre, I did eventually get the hang of it.

Does anyone know if Hotline Miami 2 would ever come over to Xbox One or is Devolver Digital still anti-Xbox One?

I was in-personally told by someone from Devolver Digital that they're being kept from releasing most of their games on Xbox One due to the ID@Xbox parity clause. They would prefer to launch first on PlayStation and then port to Xbox One, but as of now Microsoft is not letting them.

Bsigg12

I was in-personally told by someone from Devolver Digital that they're being kept from releasing most of their games on Xbox One due to the ID@XBox parity clause. They would prefer to launch first on PlayStation and then port to Xbox One, but as of now Microsoft is not letting them.

Well that's a bummer. They're publishing a lot of cool games lately and the Xbox One misses out on all them. I eventually pick them up on PC when I get around to it but I would much rather just play on my Xbox One.

Top Bottom