• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One | January 2014 | Definitively Bigger & Blacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol XB1 & PS4 would have literally no titles coming out in January if it weren't for Tomb Raider. And it kinda comes out almost in February.

Razdek

Banned
I know it's been said to death but Dead Rising 3 is the best game at launch on either console. It's just so much fun and there's lots to do in that game. Having so much fun just running around the city doing my own thing and looking for all the collectables.

I know it's been said to death but Dead Rising 3 is the best game at launch on either console. It's just so much fun and there's lots to do in that game. Having so much fun just running around the city doing my own thing and looking for all the collectables.

DR3 really doesn't feel like a launch title from a gameplay perspective at all. The tech side though unfortunately does.

cheezcake

Am I the only one who prefers the XB1 Netflix app to the ps4's? Its more consistent in super HD for me, and the interface seems far less cluttered

Just finished Ryse. That game was unfairly shit on. Remind me never to listen to Sessler ever again. The Colosseum bit was mad fun. Gonna give the multiplayer a blat later on. Such gladiator. Wow.

Just finished Ryse. That game was unfairly shit on. Remind me never to listen to Sessler ever again. The Colosseum bit was mad fun. Gonna give the multiplayer a blat later on. Such gladiator. Wow.

Yeah, the game is pretty good at what it sets out to do and I had a lot of fun with it. I quite like the MP as well and have been playing it on and off since launch.

I would love to see a sequel just to see where they could take it from here.

I haven't seen this mentioned before but HOLY CRAP the sound effect that plays when you hit the disk eject button is INSANELY good.

Like I'm activating the most pure crystalline mechanism. It emanates from the actual console itself. It sounds as though it is coming out of thin air all around me.

This sound is ridiculously good sounding, shocking high sound fidelity.

m23

iz0vEgg1eVtA9.png

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/418238495484694528

This sounds good, I loved 1v100 on the 360.

njean777

Umm idk if it is something wrong with my xbox but this thing is taking really really really long to load up DR3, I have it installed and everything but it just stays at the loading screen for like 10 minutes and never goes past that. Anybody else having this problem? Maybe a bad install?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Anyone had their achievements not register in the achievements app? I got all the eyes and secrets a few days ago for Max and the achievements were displayed on screen but the app still says I don't have them.

Redshirt

Banned
Anyone had their achievements not register in the achievements app? I got all the eyes and secrets a few days ago for Max and the achievements were displayed on screen but the app still says I don't have them.

That sucks. I had this problem with a Max achievement as well (Clever Boy).

I don't know how to fix it, but I was able to circumvent the problem by signing into my brother's Xbox and completing it there. Luckily Clever Boy is simple and fast.

Lima

Anyone here playing AC IV. I'm looking for people to add for help with the Kenway's Fleet mini game.

Mix

Okay guys, I am picking up my Xbox One in just a few more days, and I'll have a budget that reaches just enough for me to pick up the console and one game... What should it be? Keep in mind I am a shooter fan (HaloGAF4LYF), but I also loved the AC franchise, and other games of similar nature. What say you!? I'll have enough money two weeks later for any other games that my heart could desire.

Giggzy

Okay guys, I am picking up my Xbox One in just a few more days, and I'll have a budget that reaches just enough for me to pick up the console and one game... What should it be? Keep in mind I am a shooter fan (HaloGAF4LYF), but I also loved the AC franchise, and other games of similar nature. What say you!? I'll have enough money two weeks later for any other games that my heart could desire.

I'd probably pick up BF4 or CoD if you enjoy a shooter. The multiplayer will get you through the two weeks of having one game. Then I'd buy ACIV as that's a fairly lengthy game. Those two games should give you plenty of entertainment until you buy another game.

Mix

I'd probably pick up BF4 or CoD if you enjoy a shooter. The multiplayer will get you through the two weeks of having one game. Then I'd buy ACIV as that's a fairly lengthy game. Those two games should give you plenty of entertainment until you buy another game.

See that's kind what I was thinking. My little brother has Ghosts for the 360 so I think I'll get Battlefield 4. As for my second game, I think I'll pick up Dead Rising 3. How's that been?

get the best xbox one exclusive: Killer Instinct.

Honest question, is it any good?

Yes, it's really good. You get Jago for free and can do everything with him (play online, survival, practice, dojo, pvp, etc) and can either buy another character (4.99 each) or buy all characters (19.99) You should download the demo even if you buy something else, because free stuff.

If you're not into fighting games, be careful. Graphics were underwhelming for me, too.

lol I had my friends who never play video games play and they were having a blast. they were playing against each other though, and not people who know what they're doing though.

Okay KI is interesting me now, but how is DR3?

Killer Instinct is free, so you don't really have anything to lose by trying it. If you like it, then you can splurge for extra characters.

As for Dead Rising, a lot of people like it but I wasn't a fan. I think it was the camera that put me off more than anything. It made me feel quite ill. I think that in terms of just having mindless fun ala GTA, it definitely fits the bill, but I certainly didn't find myself compelled to purchase it after renting it for a weekend. If you like Assassin's Creed, I'd say go with Black Flag.

malfcn

Dead Rising is a lot of fun so far, but I think I'm still really early in the story. Having a phone with smart glass is cool for extra content, which there are a ton of sidemissions. The camera does get wonky often though.

Assassins Creed in another fun one. In typical fashion I am getting distracted by all these games and taken a break early on from the open world Caribbean.

About to go pick up an Xbox One with my 350 dollars in gift cards from gamestop and gonna buy Dead Rising 3 and borrow Ryse from a friend. Took a while for me to come to this decision to buy because I have been critical of what Microsoft did with the Xbox One, but I was gonna buy one when Halo 5 came out, figured why not do it now with my gift cards. I'll post impressions in here eventually.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Honest question, is it any good?

as someone who hasnt been into fighters in forever - its really really good and loads of fun. definitely download the free version and play with jago and see. in fact, i bought the $40 version after trying out the "demo" and havent even bothered to use anyone aside from jago. essentially, i could have had the same exact experience for free but i enjoyed it so much i wanted to support the devs - and, in truth, i hope to learn some other characters as well at some point.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about this being a "media box" but my experience with the HDMI IN functionality has basically made me play WAY more games (the opposite effect to some of the criticism leveled at that functionality) - simply because when I am vegging on the couch it's insultingly easy to say, "Xbox - Go To Call of Duty Ghosts" rather than like, moving.

I am also buying and sampling a lot more than usual, but that might be next-gen fever.

But I think the most striking thing about it is how easily Mrs. Stinkles adapted. She even hates the Harmony remote, but for some reason is comfortable chatting with the TV.

Klocker

I agree Stinkles. Playing much more since it is just there as part of the entertainment system, on at all times. Games just waiting idle ready to play.

add in tv snapping for mundane gaming tasks while paying attention to a sport on tv or movie and It is so much better.

last Gen, many times I just didn't feel like waiting for a boot up and leaving what we were doing with tv.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Give me some Lara baby

The recent steam/gmg/amazon sales really put me off the idea of buying a $60 game for the second time. On the other hand, having a pretty looking version of Tomb Raider would be nice, and it's kind of a long wait until Rayman Legends and Thi4f hit.

Will meditate on it further.

Montresor

When watching TV on XB1, my cable box (Rogers customer, in Ontario, Canada) has a very slight but noticeable lag between video and audio. I have the box connected to the HDMI in port. I am not using an audio receiver (just my TV speakers). I have never noticed this with my 360 games before. And I have never noticed this when watching cable TV when the cable box was connected directly to the TV. How do I fix this?

Heysoos

I need a Crunchyroll app. :( Hopefully one that works and doesn't stutter or stop playing midway the episode like the 360 one..

BondFancy

Anyone have a solution to my problem, I had to get a refund because of a billing error which after several days I received and went to repurchase it and it won't allow me to, but still allows me to use it, any advice on what to do GAF. Feel a bit bad if I get a free ride for the item, but maybe Microsoft just hasn't revoked the license for the item yet..Regardless I'm happy to pay for it again, just utterly confused how this works because I've never got a refund on xbl before.

Currently going through the update process, console is smaller in person than it looks in pictures, pretty boring looking console though. Controller feels great in my hands, but those bumpers are terrible and feel very cheap, Kinect is huge haven't had a chance to use any voice commands yet, will test them out later, the power supply doesn't bother me too much, but I'm perplexed why they couldn't figure out a way to put it in the system itself.

Redshirt

Banned
Anyone have a solution to my problem, I had to get a refund because of a billing error which after several days I received and went to repurchase it and it won't allow me to, but still allows me to use it, any advice on what to do GAF. Feel a bit bad if I get a free ride for the item, but maybe Microsoft just hasn't revoked the license for the item yet..Regardless I'm happy to pay for it again, just utterly confused how this works because I've never got a refund on xbl before.

I recently had a refund performed, and the revoking of the license occurred instantly.

jedimike

I've been playing the "arcade" titles more than the retail games.

Peggle 2, Powerstar Golf and Killer Instinct are some of the best games on the console... unfortunately I only use cheddarwolf because <--- ---> is about as complicated as I can handle. My friends and I called him cheddarwolf because he was a Cheesy character to use back in the arcade days and his move set is still the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom