• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One June Preview Update - My Real Name is External Storage

I would really appreciate an invite.

Gt is FuriousRGD

Much thanks to anyone who can help out. I'm very excited to try this out!

Gowans

As far as I know there is only one solution for that, it's not a good one though.
Restore factory settings, I'm sure one of my friends sorted his out by doing that.
Factory reset does delete everything from you xbox so you have to redownload and reinstall stuff. All your saves are in the cloud though.

Yeah , factory restore.

You have to redownload your games though.

It's like the PS3 battery/clock issue, I'm not going to put myself out for it but aye, I'll be chuckling when it's finally fixed and an update takes it away.

m23

Still no update, so what was the point of the update system option in settings? Unless that option is only for public update rollouts.

killemall

Neo Member
Ok here is FIFA and MGS:GZ. I did these first due to being 10GB titles. Next games will be the ones which are 30-45GB in size and will take longer to install. I'm more interested to see how the likes of Ryse, BF4 and AC4 do with being larger sizes when it comes to loading the levels.

This is the HDD I'm testing but this is for work so won't be keeping it for the XB1. http://www.ebuyer.com/339426-hgst-4tb-touro-dx3-desktop-hard-drive-0s03400

I will be buying a Western Digital My Book so I may do new tests later in the week.

http://www.ebuyer.com/614107-wd-4tb-my-book-desktop-hard-drive-black-wdbfjk0040hbk-uesn

I've emptied it so both drives have nothing on them.

The speed of the Hitachi Touro is 5400 rpm?????

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ok checked it up and it is 5400 RPM. Kinda annoyed since I'm sure it was originally shown as a 7200 RPM on the site i ordered from but now it's not in the description what it is.

If I had known that it was a 5400 I would have cancelled for a 7200. Luckily it's been fine for my work though. (Large video files)

Need to find out if the WD My Book is 7200. Says it is on Amazon but other sites don't list.

Lima

Ok checked it up and it is 5400 RPM. Kinda annoyed since I'm sure it was originally shown as a 7200 RPM on the site i ordered from but now it's not in the description what it is.

If I had known that it was a 5400 I would have cancelled for a 7200. Luckily it's been fine for my work though.

Need to find out if the WD My Book is 7200. Says it is on Amazon but other sites don't list.

Western Digital My Books use Caviar Green with 5400 rpm. I have two of them.

If you want a fast external buy a 2TB 3.5" Seagate SSHD and put it in an external enclosure.

Anyone else noticing better Kinect voice recognition with this update? I'm finding it's picking up voice commands even in heavy bass sections during movies now. This is very good!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Western Digital My Books use Caviar Green with 5400 rpm. I have two of them.

If you want a fast external buy a 2TB 3.5" Seagate SSHD and put it in an external enclosure.

Yup might just do that. I can get a 4TB Segate SSHD for £20 more than the My Book then I'll just buy an external case for £10. Works out more but better performance and I've got the choice in the future if I want to swap the 2TB SSHD in my PC with the 4TB.

Blanquito

Ok here is FIFA and MGS:GZ. I did these first due to being 10GB titles. Next games will be the ones which are 30-45GB in size and will take longer to install. I'm more interested to see how the likes of Ryse, BF4 and AC4 do with being larger sizes when it comes to loading the levels.

This is the HDD I'm testing but this is for work so won't be keeping it for the XB1. http://www.ebuyer.com/339426-hgst-4tb-touro-dx3-desktop-hard-drive-0s03400

I will be buying a Western Digital My Book so I may do new tests later in the week.

http://www.ebuyer.com/614107-wd-4tb-my-book-desktop-hard-drive-black-wdbfjk0040hbk-uesn

I've emptied it so both drives have nothing on them.

Hey, thanks for the info!

My XB1 is super buggy now: Killer Instinct Classic is stuck on "99%" while upgrading. When I hit "Install again" it gives me an error.

When I attempt to launch Killer Instinct 2013, I get to the splash screen before it crashes and returns me to the XB1 dash.

This all happened after an update to the OS was installed a few days ago.

hwalker84

My XB1 is super buggy now: Killer Instinct Classic is stuck on "99%" while upgrading. When I hit "Install again" it gives me an error.

When I attempt to launch Killer Instinct 2013, I get to the splash screen before it crashes and returns me to the XB1 dash.

Killer Instinct Classic was probably like that for awhile. I'm not in the beta and mine had been stuck like that since whatever the last update pushed to it was.

JaggedSac

Classic has been broken for me for over a month now.

LNBL

Ok so a friendly member has sent me an invite to the beta, however I do not get any notification of this at all. What to do?

rokkerkory

Again, really good regular and consistent updates.

Once I get an X1 (6+ months from now), the OS will be really really solid. Can't wait.

The Flash

Banned
Phil-ip the switch?

QKk3mHT.gif

Barbara Dunkelman of Rooster Teeth. Maker of terrible puns.

On a sadder note, I still haven't gotten the update either

Now that Kinect is officially an accessory and not a necessity ( I havn't even taken mine out of the box) I hope there is a secondary team in MS rebuilding the OS from ground up to be responsive and snappy like the x360 latest build.

Can you believe it? it took over 6 month to get auto sign in without Kinect.

Guys, I was trying to get the freaking update by signing again and again over the last 2 days ( I got nothing to play) but you can try going to SYSTEM SETTINGS and try updating the console from there.

I just tried and it updated. (Toronto, ON)

EvB

Now that Kinect is officially an accessory and not a necessity ( I havn't even taken mine out of the box) I hope there is a secondary team in MS rebuilding the OS from ground up to be responsive and snappy like the x360 latest build.

the updates are coming that let you more easily use certain aspects of the OS without kinect. You should just plug it in, it works better than you might think and if you are about speed, then you literally won't beat it for accessing games and OS functionality.

Guys, I was trying to get the freaking update by signing again and again over the last 2 days ( I got nothing to play) but you can try going to SYSTEM SETTINGS and try updating the console from there.

This is known and how I check but mine is greyed out, because MS hate me :(

TeRey09

the updates are coming that let you more easily use certain aspects of the OS without kinect. You should just plug it in, it works better than you might think and if you are about speed, then you literally won't beat it for accessing games and OS functionality.

Yep, "Xbox, Go to _________." is great, I can switch between games and apps very quickly and "Xbox, record that!" is very handy. Now only if I could say "Xbox, take a Screenshot." -__-

I already feel like the XB1 OS is fast enough. I seriously don't feel like it's any slower than the 360. It's just different.

It seems they are simply choosing gamertags our of the preview pool and making it available to them in groups. So you can sign in and out all you want and it won't make a difference.

I still haven't got this update here in the UK. Any other UKers not received it yet?

EDIT - And yeah, I've gone into system settings and looked there, but no update is found.

Top Bottom