• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

bigswords

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. My friend had pre-ordered me one some time ago knowing I'd give into the hype and want to buy one. I can't believe it, she's so goddamn amazing. I don't know how I'm going to repay this.

Fuck, I'm honestly in a state of shock. I had resigned myself to not getting one until 2014 and this happens.

Jealous of you. You should bang her and bang her hard and keep banging her till the Xbox one is released in SEA (which is probably never).

You sir as they say, one lucky dog!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Look what the most amazing woman in this planet dropped by a little earlier...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. My friend had pre-ordered me one some time ago knowing I'd give into the hype and want to buy one. I can't believe it, she's so goddamn amazing. I don't know how I'm going to repay this.

Fuck, I'm honestly in a state of shock. I had resigned myself to not getting one until 2014 and this happens.

lol

jmood88

Is anyone having an issue with games not recognizing the controller? I'm trying to play NBA 2k14 and for whatever reason, the game will act like I don't have a controller connected but the controller is on and I can use it for everything else.

Bgamer90

Banned

Marry her if you haven't already (haha).

Bgamer90

Banned
Is anyone having an issue with games not recognizing the controller? I'm trying to play NBA 2k14 and for whatever reason, the game will act like I don't have a controller connected but the controller is on and I can use it for everything else.

Do you have the kinect next to a speaker?

FIFA14 is surprisingly good. I love how clear everything is now.

Friend and I played 3 games online and it played so smooth it felt like local multiplayer. Should be said that he only lives 1KM away but it was still impressive.

gogojira

Ugly? No. Are there jaggies? Yes. The 60 frames is what will jump out at you since it's a night and day difference.

I don't know, the multiplayer looks pretty ugly to me. Or at least it looks like something from last gen. The campaign looks significantly better though.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

marry her lol

Hammer24

Banned
Say whaaaat?

Football as in American?

And English voice commands work too?

Yes sir! I don´t go for this soccer stuff, you know... ;)

The only Thing not working (yet), is the NFL GamePass subscription, as I´m not able to get Flash to work. People here said it would be included, but no one answered yet.

AssaTM

Well after one day my Kinect sensor randomly decided to die, got a replacement booked etc already, better that than the actual console I guess! haha

Lima

I haven't heard mine at all. Both the console and brick have been whisper quiet.

Mine is louder than the console itself and can be clearly heard in a silent room after everything is turned off if using the quick start standby.

Oh fuck I'm gonna have to replace this.

Kacho

Gold Member
Mine is louder than the console itself and can be clearly heard in a silent room after everything is turned off if using the quick start standby.

Oh fuck I'm gonna have to replace this.

Yeah, I'd call support. Doesn't sound normal from my experience. I think Y2Kev mentioned having the same issue.

Prezhulio

I need a GOOD walkthrough for what the kinetic voice commands work and which don't. I know there's things it can do but after 4 or 5 failed tries of trying to do something and I just grab a controller.

Can "xbox bing" only surface stuff related to xbox marketplace or apps? Like if I wanted to look up a restaurant and said "Xbox bing", then my particular restaurant and Indianapolis it finds nothing.

Seems like is can go to internet explorer and do a search there, but it doesn't do any voice dictation? Are they planning on adding dictation?

Also: how do you use your hands to navigate? It is grey and then when I move my hand forward it becomes white, but how do I actually select something? it just sits there and never selects, and pinching is the equivalent of swiping on a touch screen?

Hammer24

Banned
Also: how do you use your hands to navigate? It is grey and then when I move my hand forward it becomes white, but how do I actually select something? it just sits there and never selects, and pinching is the equivalent of swiping on a touch screen?

Hover your Hand over the tile you want to select, push Forward until the Hand outline is completely filled White.
To scroll, make a fist and swipe sideways.

Okay, download and installation of the patch complete, but now it's stuck on the splash screen and has been for a number of minutes.

Leave it or attempt a reboot?

Thrax

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked but after digging through all the settings I can not find how to change the background/wallpaper (yes I can change my UI color/avatar). For some reason this one setting is eluding me. :p

golem

Thats awesome.. congrats man

I need a GOOD walkthrough for what the kinetic voice commands work and which don't. I know there's things it can do but after 4 or 5 failed tries of trying to do something and I just grab a controller.

There is a voice tutorial on the Store

Dead

well not really...yet
Sorry if this has been asked but after digging through all the settings I can not find how to change the background/wallpaper (yes I can change my UI color/avatar). For some reason this one setting is eluding me. :p
IIRC I dont think you can

CyReN

My gripes so far:
  • No download history
  • Can't manage HDD space
  • No auto sign-in without Kinect camera
  • Party chat flaws/confusion
  • Install times can take a long time
  • Friendlist seems packed away, not as visble as the Xbox 360

Reave

Xbox... be my best man.

Okay, download and installation of the patch complete, but now it's stuck on the splash screen and has been for a number of minutes.

Leave it or attempt a reboot?

Make certain that your controller is on and try pressing A. I had a point in updating that the screen sat there for while until I got antsy and checked the controller to see that it was turned off during the update process.

JHall

Put a ring on that finger.

I love hearing stuff like this. She sounds like a keeper. :)

jbug617

Banned
Suspend mode is awesome. Woke up this morning and launch the console and my game (Killer Instinct) was ready to go just like that.

C Jones

Do you guys have Kinect Sports Rivals: Preseason impressions? How is the motion control?
Just tried it. My arms are sore though because I was just at the gym yesterday so I couldn't play long at all. First race was an abomination haha, but second race I got 1st. Felt responsive enough to get the job done.

derfybzh

My gripes so far:
  • No download history
  • Can't manage HDD space
  • Friendlist seems packed away, not as visble as the Xbox 360

Same for me but it can be fixed. I enjoy Kinect voice command, I enjoy the multi tasking stuff. That dash is next gen to me.

I think it takes a few minutes to finish. I remember going through some static screens for a bit while it was setting up.

Make certain that your controller is on and try pressing A. I had a point in updating that the screen sat there for while until I got antsy and checked the controller to see that it was turned off during the update process.

It moved to the set up screen like a second after I posted that, but thanks for the replies.

ironcreed

Banned

Yep, she sounds like a keeper.

Okay, had a chance to mess around with Kinect for a little bit and it's actually not that bad at all. Not perfect, but it seems to have about a 70 - 80 per cent success rate when using voice commands.

Currently installing DR3...the wait is killing me.

My gripes so far:
  • No download history
  • Can't manage HDD space
    [*]Friendlist seems packed away, not as visble as the Xbox 360

This is really my only significant gripe.

"Xbox. Who's Online?" would do wonders.

Top Bottom