• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

The two pieces of plastic that surround the controller and join together is coming loose on my controller. Chances of getting a replacement Day one stamped controller...probably zero.

RE_Player

I'm honestly thinking of picking up an Xbox One solely for that fitness stuff. Like literally throw it on my TV in the basement and use it for nothing else.

biRdy

Okay, had a chance to mess around with Kinect for a little bit and it's actually not that bad at all. Not perfect, but it seems to have about a 70 - 80 per cent success rate when using voice commands.

Currently installing DR3...the wait is killing me.

I was pretty impressed at the accuracy as well, though I navigate mostly with the controller I do use Xbox Record that, quite a lot when playing my brother in Killer Instinct.

My gripes so far:
  • No download history
  • Can't manage HDD space
    [*]No auto sign-in without Kinect camera
  • Party chat flaws/confusion
  • Install times can take a long time
  • Friendlist seems packed away, not as visble as the Xbox 360

I thought I was just doing something wrong. This is bullshit.

My xbone doesnt seem like it downloads/installs in standby. It says my net connection was lost when I bolt it back up and I have to go back into store and hit install again.

My dl of dead rising 3 is taking an absurd amount of time too

Congrats dude. That is one hell of a friend right there.

Indeed. She's blown me away with this, I now have to do the same for her and her daughter. I'll have to think long and hard on what to do for them both.

Enjoy! It's an amazing console.

Thats awesome.. congrats man

It really is, surprised by how big both the Kinect and the XB1 are though and damn is it heavy. I'd need to go up to the attic to check, but I'm pretty sure it's heavier than the OG Xbox...which would certainly be something.

Jealous of you. You should bang her and bang her hard and keep banging her till the Xbox one is released in SEA (which is probably never).

You sir as they say, one lucky dog!

Marry her if you haven't already (haha).

marry her lol

Xbox... be my best man.

Put a ring on that finger.

I love hearing stuff like this. She sounds like a keeper. :)

Yep, she sounds like a keeper.

We're very close friends and have been for over 15 years. If anything, she's more like a sister and her daughter is like a niece to me, can't imagine it being anything else.

Novak

how is BF4 multiplayer graphics quality on XB1 compared to PS4? Is it the same?
Besides native res....my tv is 720p anyway :)

cilonen

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Look what the most amazing woman in this planet dropped by a little earlier...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. My friend had pre-ordered me one some time ago knowing I'd give into the hype and want to buy one. I can't believe it, she's so goddamn amazing. I don't know how I'm going to repay this.

Fuck, I'm honestly in a state of shock. I had resigned myself to not getting one until 2014 and this happens.

Awesome :)

I was pretty impressed at the accuracy as well, though I navigate mostly with the controller I do use Xbox Record that, quite a lot when playing my brother in Killer Instinct.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to download both Pre-season and KI as well check to see if my KI combo breaker came through.

And yeah, I'm going to be using the controller to navigate, but I think I'll be leaving the Kinect plugged in for now to see how well it works for DVR commands and the occasional boot up from stand by.

Iacobellis

My gripes so far:
  • No download history
  • Can't manage HDD space
  • No auto sign-in without Kinect camera

Holy shit... Microsoft was the champ when it came to UI and online interactivity. How the fuck did they go backwards on this?

My gripes so far:
  • No download history
  • Can't manage HDD space

Not sure why they took away some of the most basic functions. I press the Xbox button and the only options are to turn the console or controller off?

Was searching everywhere for download history, download notification or progress of game updates to have an idea when the game install would complete. The long game installs are insane for a console. A lot of the UI just feels incomplete.

Klocker

Man being able to say a phrase and immediately jump to settings and adjust audio video on the fly and or any other thing in the world you want between apps or games and quickly switching to where you left off...... amazing

I have barely touched a remote control in 24 hours:)

I work at target and we literally had a guy just come up and beg to buy an Xbox One...but we are completely out. The back room only has two day one editions and both are on pre order holds. The video game section has an X1 set up, not playable, but just displayed and there's so many guys that come by and start explaining about the tv stuff and games to their wives ( you can tell they are trying to get the O.K. From them to get one lol).... It's funny to watch.

Heysoos

The two pieces of plastic that surround the controller and join together is coming loose on my controller. Chances of getting a replacement Day one stamped controller...probably zero.

This is happening to me too, on the right side only though.... At first I thought it was normal, but I don't think it is. Otherwise there would be complains about the quality of the controller, but this does not feel right. I wish I could give Microsoft a call but I'm working all day and by the time I get home I doubt they'll be open for support.

Holy shit... Microsoft was the champ when it came to UI and online interactivity. How the fuck did they go backwards on this?

Time. Clearly they didn't have time to put what they wanted for launch. Not worried at all though like you said,they are great with UI. This will get way better in time.

This is happening to me too.... At first I thought it was normal, but I don't think it is. Otherwise there would be complains about the quality of the controller, but this does not feel right. I wish I could give Microsoft a call but I'm working all day and by the time I get home I doubt they'll be open for support.

The phone support is closed for me but online chat is open, with an 87min wait time. It's currently 2am here, not sure I can stay up for that. Will have to wait till I get up.

Please PM me if you manage to contact anyone and what the outcome is.

Bsigg12

So I think I'm going to make it a habit right now to do 1 full shutdown a day. You have to set it to energy saving mode for it to work. I was having some issues with the TV stuff so I completely powered it down and rebooted and it works much better now.

I downloaded Forza off the marketplace on Friday but I do not see the day one content anywhere, is that only for people who bought the disk based version?

My gripes so far:
  • No download history
  • Can't manage HDD space

stuff needs to be fixed by christmas imo, hopefully we see an update by then.

Heysoos

The phone support is closed for me but online chat is open, with an 87min wait time. It's currently 2am here, not sure I can stay up for that. Will have to wait till I get up.

Please PM me if you manage to contact anyone and what the outcome is.

Unfortunately the wait time right now for chat is 100+ minutes, and I have work in 15. Do you have twitter? Maybe we should try sending XboxSupport a tweet.

Bsigg12

The one thing I want to see fixed/rethought is the way party chat is done. The rest I can wait until the spring to be worked out.

Also, battery life indicator for the controllers. Such a weird oversight.

Also they need an actual game library section. Not cram games and apps together. I think they should have stuck with the older UI with more tabs.

xbox-one-dash.png

Unfortunately the wait time right now for chat is 100+ minutes, and I have work in 15. Do you have twitter? Maybe we should try sending XboxSupport a tweet.

I do though rarely use it. I shall give it a shot anyhow. It is just a little stamp on the controller, but I would hate to lose my day one edition controller. It's definitely bugging me enough whilst playing games that something needs to be done about it though.

Iacobellis

The one thing I want to see fixed/rethought is the way party chat is done. The rest I can wait until the spring to be worked out.

Also, battery life indicator for the controllers. Such a weird oversight.

Wouldn't reconfiguring Party Chat back into an OS-level feature fragment the software? Similar to how in-game XMB and Trophies were added later to the PS3. Many games prior to that had to include their own unique way to access your Friends List.

Also they need an actual game library section. Not cram games and apps together. I think they should have stuck with the older UI with more tabs.

xbox-one-dash.png

yea I understand what they were trying to do, but it just doesn't work. whats going to happen when there's like 30 apps, and people own like 20 games, 15 arcade titles, and 10 indie titles? going to be a mess.

The whole UI needs a overhaul IMO, just way too confusing.

Heysoos

I do though rarely use it. I shall give it a shot anyhow. It is just a little stamp on the controller, but I would hate to lose my day one edition controller. It's definitely bugging me enough whilst playing games that something needs to be done about it though.

It's probably best to do it now early before the problem gets worse. Hopefully they don't insist on sending in the whole system though. Who knows. Send me a PM if they respond to you.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Look what the most amazing woman in this planet dropped by a little earlier...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. My friend had pre-ordered me one some time ago knowing I'd give into the hype and want to buy one. I can't believe it, she's so goddamn amazing. I don't know how I'm going to repay this.

Fuck, I'm honestly in a state of shock. I had resigned myself to not getting one until 2014 and this happens.

Day 1 Edition also, Niiiiice. Enjoy your console, you are official an XBro. =)

Bgamer90

Banned
yea I understand what they were trying to do, but it just doesn't work. whats going to happen when there's like 30 apps, and people own like 20 games, 15 arcade titles, and 10 indie titles? going to be a mess.

Not if they unpin the games and/or apps they rarely use (or delete them all together).

You can Skype someone and both talk to each other while watching Netflix. Return of the party viewing!!!! Apparently my buddy who I skyped with couldn't hear any of the Netflix video's audio. Nice.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

The whole UI needs a overhaul IMO, just way too confusing.

If it's anything like the 360, we'll see plenty of UI overhauls :)

You can Skype someone and both talk to each other while watching Netflix. Return of the party viewing!!!! Apparently my buddy who I skyped with couldn't hear any of the Netflix video's audio. Nice.

The microphone is so good. I can have my portable air con pumping just a few meters from the kinect sensor and my friends don't hear it.

Top Bottom