• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Rey

if you dont want to change your account region (since this is limited), you should be able to create a separate account

Ah right, because xbox live gold is for all the users on the same console now right? So what would happen if you delete that account in the future? Will the digital games still stay for my main account to play?

VASPER

Banned
So i have a question about the Account migration, If i migrate it to a Xbone than i want to play something on my Xbox 360 will it just work without a problem?

clav

Amazon refunded me $30 because I purchased the three first party titles. Wonder if I should buy Crimson Dragon. Any impressions?

I have a Xbox One Day One Edition but haven't decided if I'm going to keep it yet since I already have a PS4 with 8 games. I do want to play Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 and I know there will be more games I want to play on it in the future. I have absolutely no interest in any of the extra features the xbox one offers, it would just be for playing games. I probably wouldn't even hook the kinect up.

Would you guys recommend keeping it or returning it?

In the same position as you minus the PS4. I have a decent PC setup, but I don't even play games on it.

We just don't know what to do.

rokkerkory

I have a Xbox One Day One Edition but haven't decided if I'm going to keep it yet since I already have a PS4 with 8 games. I do want to play Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 and I know there will be more games I want to play on it in the future. I have absolutely no interest in any of the extra features the xbox one offers, it would just be for playing games. I probably wouldn't even hook the kinect up.

Would you guys recommend keeping it or returning it?

Life is short man, play it up.

Oozer3993

I just turned on my Xbox, searched for an app, and told it to download. Without ever touching the controller. So cool.

So i have a question about the Account migration, If i migrate it to a Xbone than i want to play something on my Xbox 360 will it just work without a problem?

It's not really migration. You're just logging into your account on the Xbox One. Everything will work just fine on the 360. You can even be signed in on both at the same time.

My gripes so far:
  • No download history
  • Can't manage HDD space
  • No auto sign-in without Kinect camera
  • Party chat flaws/confusion
  • Install times can take a long time
  • Friendlist seems packed away, not as visble as the Xbox 360

Yep, definitely agree with these. The UI/OS feels very undercooked. Hopefully they'll be updating it more regularly than a yearly update in the Spring or Autumn. They need to patch in storage management as soon as possible.

Would also help if they made the UI feel more intuitive, it's an absolute mess at the moment...

mancan92

Banned
does anyone know if there is a way to increase the speed of install.

I bought bf4 on the store and its been installing for 4 hours and is only on 50%.
Anyone had any success with other techniques?

mancan92

Banned
Yep, definitely agree with these. The UI/OS feels very undercooked. Hopefully they'll be updating it more regularly than a yearly update in the Spring or Autumn. They need to patch in storage management as soon as possible.

Would also help if they made the UI feel more intuitive, it's an absolute mess at the moment...

Voice recognition is your friend. Ive barely touched the controller except from actually playing the games.

Has anyone had problems doing the initial setup using wireless? It keeps saying my signal strength is 0%, but I turn on my 360 and have full strength and no problem getting on Live.

Voice recognition is your friend. Ive barely touched the controller except from actually playing the games.

I'm starting to use it more and more, but I still like using the controller for some stuff and the voice commands are still hit and miss on occasion. In the time it takes me to repeat something a couple of times, I could have just used the controller instead...

In fairness though, I've only had to repeat myself twice or more four times so far. It simply wouldn't recognise the Kinect Sports command...game is amazing by the way, but how I wish they had controller support...

mancan92

Banned
Btw the voice recognition stuff is really sophisticated. When Im signed in the xbox recognises my commands, when my girlfriends asks xbox to "show my stuff" it logs her in, when my friend who doesnt have a profile asks to show his stuff it doesnt respond. Its actually ridiculously well done in that way. So make sure you are on your account when you are doing it guys.

sticks on the controller are too small, my left thumb keeps slipping, anyone else?

In my opinion that's a result of the controller feeling too cramped. As if there's a drain in the center of the controller and all of the buttons and inputs are sloping their way toward it. It feels "mushed" or some shit. I also hate-hate-hate the new bumpers. I actually have to lift my fingers to activate them now. Major(nelson) step backwards imho.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
1. will any BT heatset work with the xbone? will the official 360 headset work with it?

2. how do i check which controler is player 1 or 2?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Anyone else have issues with their left thumbsticks? On my Day One controller it is significantly crusty when it's near center, especially in the upper right quadrant. My extra controller is similar. Both controllers have perfectly smooth through the entire range of motion for the right thumbsticks. I don't want to be super picky but I did just spend almost $800 on XBO stuff. Would be nice to have one flawless controller.

Majanew

Banned
I just had a strange issue.

My controller wouldn't turn on my Xbox One so I had to say 'Xbox On' to get the console on. Once the Xbox was on, the controller would not sync. No matter how many times I pressed the sync buttons on the console and controller. I replaced the eneloops with some fully recharged ones and still nothing. Rebooting with my voice and physically turning the Xbox off with my finger, didn't do anything either. Refused to sync.

I had to unplug/replug the Xbox One from the outlet and then the controller synced back automatically. Anyone heard of this problem?

Voice Navigation is so fucking good, just said "Xbox, Lights Off" thinking it would do something. :p The past day was so much fun, I'm glad Kinect is included with every system now, voice navigation is the future.

Battlefield servers seem to be down :/

My controller wouldn't turn on my Xbox One so I had to say 'Xbox On' to get the console on. Once the Xbox was on, the controller would not sync. No matter how many times I pressed the sync buttons on the console and controller. I replaced the eneloops with some fully recharged ones and still nothing. Rebooting with my voice and physically turning the Xbox off with my finger, didn't do anything either. Refused to sync.

I had to unplug/replug the Xbox One from the outlet and then the controller synced back automatically. Anyone heard of this problem?
I've had the same issue twice so for today.
I just held the power button on the Xbone to fully turn it off, then powered it back up to fix it.
But it's really annoying.

Ecto311

Anyone have a good fix for the kinect being mounted? DIY solution? I did see Whittas fix on Instagram and I'm going for something a bit more stable. Can the old and new kinect be side by side? This new one doesn't move right?

I've asked this question a few times now, and have yet to get a response.

Is there any way to have it auto log in my profile without having the Kinect involved? Each time I turn on the console it makes me manually find my profile and log in. Seems really stupid considering the Xbox 360 did this just fine for years and years.

Coins

Banned
So I'm getting my xbox tonight. Should I just plug everything in including my directv box, or will it guide me through all that?

Gorki247

Anyone have a good fix for the kinect being mounted? DIY solution? I did see Whittas fix on Instagram and I'm going for something a bit more stable. Can the old and new kinect be side by side? This new one doesn't move right?

I'm currently using my old 360 PDP mount; with a bit of extra push, the two clips that held the old camera in place actually fit inside the square opening in the foot of the new one.

That is until they release the new one in the UK.

sangreal

I've asked this question a few times now, and have yet to get a response.

Is there any way to have it auto log in my profile without having the Kinect involved? Each time I turn on the console it makes me manually find my profile and log in. Seems really stupid considering the Xbox 360 did this just fine for years and years.

not that anyone seems to have found

Daffy Duck

I have a similar issue.

My controller won't turn my console on. I have to press the button and still say Xbox on.

Kind of sucks.

Battlefield servers seem to be down :/

I've had the same issue twice so for today.
I just held the power button on the Xbone to fully turn it off, then powered it back up to fix it.
But it's really annoying.

Can I ask how you power it up and what power mode you use?

Its a complete mystery/lottery as to how I actually turn this thing on

Haklong

I can't get the Kinect Sports Rivals preseason to work. I get to the point where it's going to start and it says that there is an obstruction in the way. It shows the TV and that I'm far enough for it to work. Anyone else get this? If you were able to get around this how did you do it?

Bsigg12

1. will any BT heatset work with the xbone? will the official 360 headset work with it?

2. how do i check which controler is player 1 or 2?

Only the official headset works right now. The Xbox Obe doesn't use Bluetooth anyways.

Controllers will automatically be mapped to whose holding it if you have the kinect plugged in. If you don't maybe press the guide button and see who's home screen comes up?

Oozer3993

It looks like I'm stuck with the Xbox One as my next gen fix for the near future. My PS4 just died.

Maybe not all digital, but I'm going to try and get anything that has legs as digital cos switching straight to a game without a disc is awesome

That's my plan as well. Though I'm going disc based for BF4 cause I want the China Rising pack and because I was able to get it for $50.

BondFancy

So if someone had to rate the Xbox One out of 10 ;) with 10 being really good what would it be? Just really curious after reading all the good and the bad how it stands!

I can't get the Kinect Sports Rivals preseason to work. I get to the point where it's going to start and it says that there is an obstruction in the way. It shows the TV and that I'm far enough for it to work. Anyone else get this? If you were able to get around this how did you do it?

yea i got this too, no idea how to fix it

Top Bottom