• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

sith ewok

Ok. I've been looking, but I can't find any way to see people you've recently played with. Is that definitely not in, currently? And therefore, no way to rate/friend players? Asked a few pages back, but it was in a kind of wall-of-text post, so I wanted to re-ask. Thanks.

m23

Don't want to sound like such a noob, but can you completely close a game? If so, how and yeah, I did not know this! lol

Go to the dashboard and highlight the main window in which the game is running, press the menu button and select quit game.

Hawk269

Thanks for this post.

Please stop.

"Sorry to be mean", no you aren't.

Sorry man. Just been reading a lot of your posts in a lot of the different Xbox One threads and for someone that has such negativity, it is shocking to hear that you bought one and now are going to open.

I truly hope you like it. I think the system is amazing. Yes, the GPU horsepower could be better, but for me, the games I have played I have enjoyed them a lot more than the games I have on my PS4. Forza is a such a great looking game as is Ryse and both play great imho.

Good luck to you and hope you like it.

Alcander

Guys, add me on live! I have not been a gold member forever so my friend count dwindled and now I have no one to play with, sad day. I'll add back:

pr0xima (thats a zero)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sorry man. Just been reading a lot of your posts in a lot of the different Xbox One threads and for someone that has such negativity, it is shocking to hear that you bought one and now are going to open.

I truly hope you like it. I think the system is amazing. Yes, the GPU horsepower could be better, but for me, the games I have played I have enjoyed them a lot more than the games I have on my PS4. Forza is a such a great looking game as is Ryse and both play great imho.

Good luck to you and hope you like it.
I preordered it during the summer. We had little to no details about the console at that point. Just because I'm not singing its praises doesn't mean I have a hidden agenda.

However, I do appreciate the change of tone.

Hawk269

Go to the dashboard and highlight the main window in which the game is running, press the menu button and select quit game.

Thanks man. Do not know how I missed that. lol.

Anyone know why it wont let me pin my downloadable copy of Dead Rising 3? I have Ryse also as a digital title and I was able to pin that game.

Also, watch those tutorial video's etc. They are really good and informative. There is also a speech one that gives you a better idea on how to control the system with your voice.

Amir0x

Banned
What happened in here? Bannings? Lol

check the people banned. Most of them are people banned for ignoring legitimate criticisms and attacking the user instead of the points raised.

People need to learn to socialize. Just because you like something is no reason to try to pin someone to a wall when they have issues. Listen to the concerns, express why you agree or disagree, and move on when you're tired with the conversation. This isn't aimed at you, PhoReal, you seem legit.

ParityBit

Where and when is my Kinectless bundle?

F the wall-e wannabe. But seriously: make it happen and take my $399

<vent>
This will NOT happen. When will people realize this? Kinect is so ingrained in the system, either get it with the damn camera or don't get the system.

How is this so hard for people here to understand?!
</vent>

So ... NFL App. I wish you could customize your point system. I do not use NFL.com, but I would LOVE the feature.

Maybe I will start a league next year with my wife .... Hrm

Amir0x

Banned
Holy cow, there's a lot going on in Crimson Dragon. I thought it was going to be a simple game.

Is it amazing? IMPRESSIONS

ParityBit said:
<vent>
This will NOT happen. When will people realize this? Kinect is so ingrained in the system

People are seriously going to be funny when exactly this happens. That's the thing: Kinect is no longer ingrained in the system. So, I would prepare thyself now.

ParityBit

I preordered it during the summer. We had little to no details about the console at that point. Just because I'm not singing its praises doesn't mean I have a hidden agenda.

However, I do appreciate the change of tone.

Hey dude, I think you should open it. It is awesome now and will only get better.

That's just my suggestion of course :)

Hawk269

Not saying you have a hidden agenda nor do I question that you really have one, so not sure where that comment is coming from. Just going based on your recent posts that I have read, you have nothing positive to say about the system and that is without question.

It is all good though. It is your money, your decision, your choice. Nothing wrong with that. I hope you do like it and you give it a fair chance, which will be hard being that you have a lot of negative things to overcome. I just hope you enjoy it for what it is.

Enjoy!

SHADES

Hmm, after absolutely loving my 360 then came the infamous May reveal I've been pretty anti-XBone but after hearing of PS4 BF4 woes then came the AUS launch & Bf4 was running great on XBone I decided to see if I could grab one.

After quite a search I managed to bag a Day one & I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised, BF4 looks & plays awesome, FIFA & Forza too, the UI is really nice & so far I can't find fault with it, Just got to sweet talk the wife into allowing me to keep my PS4 preorder on Friday as wasn't planning on dropping a £grand this week.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not saying you have a hidden agenda nor do I question that you really have one, so not sure where that comment is coming from. Just going based on your recent posts that I have read, you have nothing positive to say about the system and that is without question.

It is all good though. It is your money, your decision, your choice. Nothing wrong with that. I hope you do like it and you give it a fair chance, which will be hard being that you have a lot of negative things to overcome. I just hope you enjoy it for what it is.

Enjoy!
You keep putting these passive aggressive statements in your post. Why is that?

Alcander

Assassins Creed IV looks pretty bad... Do we know the resolution of it on the Xbox One? When not moving it looks like 900p but in motion it could also be 720p and the sharp textures in combination with the aliasing create some weird busy looking images. I had to use a movie preset to tone down the saturation and reduce sharpness on my TV to add a blur on the picture to make it playable. The game is fun though.

Yeah, it definitely looks like an up-rezzed last-gen game. I think it looks quite good when you are sailing on the ocean, though!

well, here are my Day One impressions:

Installation/Set up: I was surprised it only took me 30 mins to set it up properly and start playing. I had no issue at all, everything worked flawlessly: the update got installed en barely 10 mins (including the downloading time), no brd drive issues, nor video signal problems.

UI: needs some work. though it works smoothly and the voice commands works, I feel it has to be redesigned, it's kinda confusing, a bit of a mess, for example: main icons such as configuration seem very generic and dull, the should highlight it over other icons/pinned apps. as I said before it's a bit of a mess, but it works smoothly.

DR3: I can't stop playing this, I can't recall enjoying a launch game so much! I still haven't tried any online mode, but I'm looking forward to soon heh. I love to get lost in the city looking for plans, frank statues, dramatic events, building crazy vehicles.. I'm loving it!!

Fifa 14: Much, much better than its current-gen versions. I've been playing with my friends for hours, and we loved it. The replays are awesome, so are the animations, it looks way different as I said before.

Killer Instinct: It looks kinda bland because of the res and textures, though it has very nice effects. its gameplay is awesome, but the cast is very short, I just hope they manage to release the story mode and add more characters and modes.

Live: I still haven't played any online mode so I can't say much but I have to say the download speeds from MS servers were really fast.

Kinect: Works as intended, no problems at all. I was surprised I had no issues recognizing me because it's barely 2 mtrs away from my couch. I redeemed several qr codes and holy moly, it worked from different locations, it's an amazing feature I won't have to deal with more activation codes!

TV: I plugged in my Movistar topbox and it works, though I haven't had the chance yet to give it some time to try it.

well guys, if you want to play some DR3 or Fifa 14 add me, ZangetsuBankai

ParityBit

People are seriously going to be funny when exactly this happens. That's the thing: Kinect is no longer ingrained in the system. So, I would prepare thyself now.

Do you have the system? The UI is made for the Kinect and it is lined with Win 8 in design. The UI is not going anywhere. MS did not put all that money into the Kinect tech to drop it, no matter what some random forum board thinks.

I think people will be waiting a long time. A very long time (i.e. not going to happen). But we shall see.

Don't want to sound like such a noob, but can you completely close a game? If so, how and yeah, I did not know this! lol

You can. Go to the dash and press the menu button. Option to close or quit the app/game should be there. (make sure you have the app/game you want to close/quit highlighted)

Another thing that's not explained very well, if at all. I only happened across it when I accidentally pressed the menu button after DR3 last night.

Hawk269

Just had an amazing Kinect Experience....

Was watching ESPN and reading posts from here and saw some of you talking about Crimson Dragoon and forgot I wanted to buy that. Without touching anything, I do this all by voice and NO ISSUES:

Xbox Go Home
Store
Item 1 (Since I had 2 store options)
Next Page
More games
Next page
Crimson Dragon
Buy
Confirm
Watch TV

So instead of navigating all these menus, I was able to go from watching cable to purchasing a game that quickly and it was so damn fast and quick. So now I am watching ESPN again waiting for Crimson Dragon to download. Impressive!

I probably could of just said Crimson Dragon when I entered the games store, have to test that!

SledgeGBay

Neo Member
My only real problem so far has been Skype not pulling you out of game chat when in a call. Unless of course I just cant' find the setting for it.

Let's just say the Call of Duty community didn't appreciate my conversation.

Daffy Duck

Why does my bloody console not turn on when it's fully off by pressing the front of the console.

I've had to set it to sleep mode now as it was annoying me too much. Console would turn on with the pad an hour or two after playing but after that nothing.

I'd have to turn it on and link the pad and the console to get it to stay on.

Seems I'm the only one having this so I must be doing something wrong.

Hawk269

You can. Go to the dash and press the menu button. Option to close or quit the app/game should be there. (make sure you have the app/game you want to close/quit highlighted)

Another thing that's not explained very well, if at all. I only happened across it when I accidentally pressed the menu button after DR3 last night.

It does in the Help Video's. I just was about 10 hours into enjoying my system that I did not notice the close app option.

I really need a way to delete stuff though. I want to restart my Forza Career from scratch, but cannot figure out how to do it. In the past, I would just go to memory manager and delete the game save...can't do that on the one as of yet.

ParityBit

It does in the Help Video's. I just was about 10 hours into enjoying my system that I did not notice the close app option.

I really need a way to delete stuff though. I want to restart my Forza Career from scratch, but cannot figure out how to do it. In the past, I would just go to memory manager and delete the game save...can't do that on the one as of yet.

They need to add that in one of these early patches!

Once I got used to the controls, it is pure old school bliss. It really doesn't control anything like Panzer Dragoon, but once I adapted (took a few missions), I'm a pro now. I don't understand all the stuff with the upgrades yet, but the wingman is cool because you can tell him where to go, like if you have enemies coming from in front and behind, you can send him behind you, for instance.

The grading system is super satisfying too... each mission has like 5 checkpoints, like mini missions, and you get graded on them instantly during the mission. I'm having a ton of fun, and would recommend it to anyone from the Saturn era of gaming, if you know what I mean. Looking forward to unlocking everything.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Was watching ESPN and reading posts from here and saw some of you talking about Crimson Dragoon and forgot I wanted to buy that. Without touching anything, I do this all by voice and NO ISSUES:

Xbox Go Home
Store
Next Page
More games
Next page
Crimson Dragon
Buy
Confirm
Watch TV

So instead of navigating all these menus, I was able to go from watching cable to purchasing a game that quickly and it was so damn fast and quick. So now I am watching ESPN again waiting for Crimson Dragon to download. Impressive!

I probably could of just said Crimson Dragon when I entered the games store, have to test that!

Just bought it too with:

Xbox Go Home
Xbox Bing
Crimson Dragon
Crimson Dragon
Buy
Confirm
Install
Pin to Home
Xbox Watch TV

mrg6290

Xbox Go Home
Store
Next Page
More games
Next page
Crimson Dragon
Buy
Confirm
Watch TV

Should have just used Bing. Could have taken you straight to the game's page.

JayDub

What are you even talking about? I have owned 3 360s and I wasn't even involved in the anti-drm talk.

Owning 360s in the past don't mean shit when you're as negative as you are. Even I was going to call you out on another thread and realized it was pointless. I enjoy your posts on OT but over here, holy shit, you're so damn negative on the X1.

As far as Im concerned, after all the dust has settled on the beginning of this gen, and all the fanboys go in hiding (like it did with the 360-PS3 "war"), you'll be remembered as one of the ones who flamed the fire for all this "console wars" bullshit. On fucking GAF, of all places.

We're not fucking 12. You like the PS4, go to the PS4 thread. If I don't like something, and I see something negative about it, I won't go out of my way to post about it. Cause I don't give a shit about it.

Hawk269

Should have just used Bing. Could have taken you straight to the game's page.

Damn it. I knew there would be a shorter way, even though the way I did it was pretty damn fast.

Thanks for you and the other person that just bought the game and used Bing to do it. Will do that with the next game I buy.

Thanks again.

Enjoy!

Dude. No need to lace your comments like that. If he likes it then he likes it. If he doesn't then so what, will it change YOUR enjoyment of the system? I hope not. Just give MT a fair chance, I know you have a lot of negative things to overcome....... :)

Aeana

Don't want to be the negative nancy, but any way you can make your own thread for your own impressions? I just fear that there is going to be a coming shit storm of complaints from you. Sorry to be mean about that, but anyone going in with such negativity it would have to make you breakfast and give you a hand job to overcome such negativity going in.

Stop this. This is insane. People are allowed to have dissenting opinions and share them in the same space as everybody else. OTs will never be hugboxes of sunshine and rainbows, so if that's what you're looking for, you're in the wrong place.

Kacho

Gold Member
check the people banned. Most of them are people banned for ignoring legitimate criticisms and attacking the user instead of the points raised.

People need to learn to socialize. Just because you like something is no reason to try to pin someone to a wall when they have issues. Listen to the concerns, express why you agree or disagree, and move on when you're tired with the conversation. This isn't aimed at you, PhoReal, you seem legit.

Yeah, I see why they were banned now. I had just woke up, popped in this thread, and saw a couple of people were banned. It's easy to get fixated on the negative posts and whatnot, especially after the last six months. But I agree. Attack the argument and not the poster. Doing the latter does not breed healthy discussion around these parts.

"Xbox On" finally worked.

So cool

It just would not work for me this morning. Not sure why. Ended up having to press the power button.

Anyway, I can't wait for the UI to get upgraded and improved. It's a little lifeless at the moment for me. I think it's the black behind the tiles that just doesn't look right to me. It definitely feels like it's still in beta mode.

I've got my gripes with the xbox one. I'm not sure if it was worth the value of 500 bucks and the UI/party system needs a lot of work. The lack of 1080p in some games is also an issue for me. Don't see anything wrong with expressing some negative aspects.

Voice commands are good though when you can control all your devices and stuff.

Hawk269

Owning 360s in the past don't mean shit when you're as negative as you are. Even I was going to call you out on another thread and realized it was pointless. I enjoy your posts on OT but over here, holy shit, you're so damn negative on the X1.

As far as Im concerned, after all the dust has settled on the beginning of this gen, and all the fanboys go in hiding (like it did with the 360-PS3 "war"), you'll be remembered as one of the ones who flamed the fire for all this "console wars" bullshit. On fucking GAF, of all places.

We're not fucking 12. You like the PS4, go to the PS4 thread. If I don't like something, and I see something negative about it, I won't go out of my way to post about it. Cause I don't give a shit about it.

Just hope he likes it.

Top Bottom