• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

RangersFan

I just downloaded Killer Instinct and it doesn't seem to be working. After the press menu screen it goes to check for downloadable content and just stays there indefinitely...

xkramz

I just downloaded Killer Instinct and it doesn't seem to be working. After the press menu screen it goes to check for downloadable content and just stays there indefinitely...
On the OT KI thread other people reporting the same problem too. Maybe server side issue

jns

I had this bug in the KI store after enabling the beta save state mode for the X1 from the menu (can't remember exactly what it was called, but It's in the settings menu somewhere.) Once I disabled it, I was able to restart the game and everything worked fine,.

Timu

1.Disconnect from the internet.
2.Start the game.
3.Reconnect when in the main ki menu.
That should help.

WiCkEd_Co

I'm sure this has been posted before but I'm just venting, I'm trying to play the single player game on Ghost and I been on the same level for 4 days now because I will randomly get booted to the dashboard and when I restart the game it puts me back at the level start.

My Battlefield save was lost when it did this and I have not touch the game since, it's taking the wind out of my new Xbox One sail. I have tried to fix the issue by,
rebooting by holding the power button
unplugging from the internet
reinstalled the game 3x and I have to wait for it to download again every time
reinstalled my profile
factory reset the system
check and uncheck the "resume games quickly" option
change power mode to energy saving

Nothing works, and I'm ready to toss this box at the wall, Sometimes I will just get booted to the game menu and get some memory error pop up.

Anyone having controller sync issues? Mine randomly cuts out for a few seconds like the old Sixaxis did.

I only had controller sync issues when my batteries were low. Check your batteries.

I'm sure this has been posted before but I'm just venting, I'm trying to play the single player game on Ghost and I been on the same level for 4 days now because I will randomly get booted to the dashboard and when I restart the game it puts me back at the level start.

My Battlefield save was lost when it did this and I have not touch the game since, it's taking the wind out of my new Xbox One sail. I have tried to fix the issue by,
rebooting by holding the power button
unplugging from the internet
reinstalled the game 3x and I have to wait for it to download again every time
reinstalled my profile
factory reset the system
check and uncheck the "resume games quickly" option
change power mode to energy saving

Nothing works, and I'm ready to toss this box at the wall, Sometimes I will just get booted to the game menu and get some memory error pop up.

From what I understood this was a Battlefield issue. Not an Xbox issue. But I might be wrong because you're having issues with Ghosts too. Sorry I can't be of help.

Heysoos

Holy shit I just realized I've been using the same batteries since I got the xbox one and I've been using it pretty heavily.

WiCkEd_Co

I only had controller sync issues when my batteries were low. Check your batteries.

From what I understood this was a Battlefield issue. Not an Xbox issue. But I might be wrong because you're having issues with Ghosts too. Sorry I can't be of help.

I only have 3 games and at some point all have done this but it seems to be a system issue as others have had it on other games. It did it once in awhile at first but now it happens more often for me.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1625818.aspx

statham

Ashton ‏@ashtonisVULCAN 43m
If you’re having problems accessing #KillerInstinct on Xbox One, hold tight, Xbox Support is already looking into the issue!

She the Community Coordinator at Microsoft Studios, so they seem to know about the issue.

RangersFan

Idk if anyone has said it but do a full power cycle. Set the power to energy saving, power off, wait for the brick to show yellow, unplug The brick wait for it have no light then plug it back in. It seems to clear something out and Kinect starts working better.

1.Disconnect from the internet.
2.Start the game.
3.Reconnect when in the main ki menu.
That should help.

both solutions worked! thanks.

statham

Holy shit I just realized I've been using the same batteries since I got the xbox one and I've been using it pretty heavily.

I've had my system for 1 week counting today, and the triggers still rumble, so I think they still have a decent amount of juice left. But battery indicator MS!

simples

Banned
got these - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G9FYNTE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2 battery packs plus 2 cables, 15$. beats paying 25$ for one first party one

OJu9eEn.jpg

malfcn

Randomly while playing AC4 the controller will say it losses sync. Not happened with any other game.

Also, in the locked party chat thread it said Major or MS admitted the system was bunk?

Lima

didnt want to change batteries, you can plug this in when the power gets low

we'll see how long they last. if they break ill get rechargeable AAs

But then why even play with a wireless controller at all? Just leave the damn thing plugged in and don't worry about battery life at all.

Has anybody in Canada (or anywhere else) returned a faulty controller yet?

I have a wonky left bumper so I wanted to exchange it. Customer service said I had to send my controller in and it would take 20 days after they receive it to get a new one. Not only that, I have to pay for shipping...

Is this a Canada only thing? Is there any way to fix the mushy left bumper problem?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So I had one of those bugs where the game seems to automatically quit and return to dashboard and then it didn't want to start back up. It eventually did without me having to restart the system. This glitch originally happened when playing Forza 5 and Killer Instinct had that issue after I tried to switch from Forza to KI. I also had the issue with KI being stuck at the checking downloadable content screen. That's when I quit that and went to Forza and after the dashboard glitch resolved, I was able to play both. Anyway, I say all that to ask this: are those issues hardware related or OS related? I thought the dashboard glitch only tended to happen to non-first party titles too.

Razdek

Banned
So I had one of those bugs where the game seems to automatically quit and return to dashboard and then it didn't want to start back up. It eventually did without me having to restart the system. This glitch originally happened when playing Forza 5 and Killer Instinct had that issue after I tried to switch from Forza to KI. I also had the issue with KI being stuck at the checking downloadable content screen. That's when I quit that and went to Forza and after the dashboard glitch resolved, I was able to play both. Anyway, I say all that to ask this: are those issues hardware related or OS related? I thought the dashboard glitch only tended to happen to non-first party titles too.

I think it's OS related as the thing is buggy as hell. I've had some game crashes and IE crashes and the OS slowing down to a crawl just from doing regular game and app switching. For the biggest software company in the world it is really disappointing to see them put out something that is can best be described as beta software.

Is changing your gamertag on the Xbox One free? At least for the first time? I just tried it and it seemed free, I mean I didn't confirm the name change, since I love my name, but it never asked to charge me up till the "Are you sure?"? Just wondering if anyone knows.

simples

Banned

happened to me during an online match of ryse

had to restart

Alx

It's most probably software-based, since you can usually fix it by launching other games, or manually forcing the closure of the games. I would say it looks like an issue with the save state, that won't let the active game continue, but won't let it die either (it's a possible explanation anyway). So other games won't start either if you don't shut it down first.

m0dus

Banned
Had a time of it last night configuring 3 routers in my house for Xbox live play for the first time in years. Even though I got green lights in the network and multiplayer tests, my NAT remains strict (have 2 airport routers in bridge mode) - even after putting one of my systems in the DMZ and forwarding the appropriate ports. Interestingly, I was simply not able to get any online matches in KI until enabling teredo tunneling. Are these issues something that can be bypassed with a direct, wired-link to the router itself?

MCD

Had a time of it last night configuring 3 routers in my house for Xbox live play for the first time in years. Even though I got green lights in the network and multiplayer tests, my NAT remains strict (have 2 airport routers in bridge mode) - even after putting one of my systems in the DMZ and forwarding the appropriate ports. Interestingly, I was simply not able to get any online matches in KI until enabling teredo tunneling. Are these issues something that can be bypassed with a direct, wired-link to the router itself?

Phat Michael is experiencing the same issues and I believe he is making do with connecting it directly to his modem.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can we play games without installing title updates? Really want to try out Ryse but it's got a 1.2GB update and it's going to take ages on this crappy internet.

It's been stuck on 0% for about 5 minutes. Is this installing disc or title update?

Hammer24

Banned
Can we play games without installing title updates? Really want to try out Ryse but it's got a 1.2GB update and it's going to take ages on this crappy internet.

It's been stuck on 0% for about 5 minutes. Is this installing disc or title update?

Usually it installs the patch before the game. Ryse takes ages - so be glad for the watch-TV function... ;)

welcome to my shitty world my friend. Nothing i can do with the router works. the only way to have an open NAT is for me to plug an ethernet cable directly from the wall to my XB1 - meaning i cant use wireless, my PC internet or have anyone else using my internet connection while im playing live.

Ive tried DMZ, port forwarding on XBL ports and nothing work. Ive asked my ISP and MS directly to help and nothing so far.

No party chat, no multiplayer unless i go direct to xbox :/

m0dus

Banned
welcome to my shitty world my friend. Nothing i can do with the router works. the only way to have an open NAT is for me to plug an ethernet cable directly from the wall to my XB1 - meaning i cant use wireless, my PC internet or have anyone else using my internet connection while im playing live.

Ive tried DMZ, port forwarding on XBL ports and nothing work. Ive asked my ISP and MS directly to help and nothing so far.

No party chat, no multiplayer unless i go direct to xbox :/

What brand of modem are you using? Also, have you enabled teredo tunneling?

What brand of modem are you using? Also, have you enabled teredo tunneling?

Cisco Linksys WRT something something.

Dunno what that is but i called my ISP about it and they said UAE does not have ip6 or ip4 something. No idea im no techwiz but ive had a few IT mates who are and they have said the same thing - it should work but it doesnt.

DMZ done, ports are forwarded etc - not sure what else to do.

...It took me a day and a half to download Ryse's 47gigs, but I enjoy the game and it is gorgeous.

FYI, the game would say Ready to Play...

This is definitely an issue with Ryse.

I bought it off the marketplace on Sunday night and it took nearly three hours before i could play which was basically the whole game.

The 'ready to play' option appeared at around 4% completed at which point i could get in the game, click campaign and only to be greeted with another installation bar that wasn't complete at all.

This is the only game that hasn't worked with 'ready to play'.

derFeef

Xbox Support here is not very good. I should send the console in for repair, not getting a new one.
edit: That sounded more entitled than it should have, haha.

derFeef

sad to hear that Feef :(

Honestly the hassle for that is bugging me more than the fan-noise so I not going to do that. Waiting for UPS to pick it up (which is already problematic for me because of work etc.), then waiting for the new/repaired one and probably have UPS screw up my parcel again...

Its kinda sad that they don't have the same support principles everywhere.

yankee666

So i finally jump in !!!! :) . I bought it yesterday from amazon and it should be here by weekend.
Its been 3 years since my last MS console, any thread where i can share my Gamertag?

I was thinking going full digital, is it ok? or im crazy

Im looking forward to join you guys in the nex few days!!!!

So I thought I'd have a bit of fun/speculation with the recent 'stats' Microsoft have released.

Over 50 billion hours have been played in 11 days so:

11 days = 264 hours

Hours possible (daily average) = people

264 (24) = 189, 394
132 (12) = 378,788
66 (6) = 757,576
55 (5) = 909,090
44 (4) = 1,136,363
33 (3) = 1,515,152
22 (2) = 2,272,727
11 (1) = 5,545,455

We know Microsoft have sold over a million units so we can discount 264/132/66/55 and 22/11 because it's not higher than 2 million. So that leaves 44/33 which seems a fair approximation to make.

Hardly scientific I know.

Top Bottom