• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

sportz103

I used Xbox chat and they sorted everything out for me. They also offered me a free game, so I choose Ryse.

I got Killer Instinct at launch for free and now Ryse. :)

So if your consoles fan/hard drive is not silent I suggest you gave Microsoft a call.

Lucky, I requested a trade on mine because the hard drive was crazy loud (even when turned off), you could hear it the next room ever. New console hasn't shipped. Haven't gotten anything in compensation. Have already had about three phone/chats with support and nothing.

Lucky, I requested a trade on mine because the hard drive was crazy loud (even when turned off), you could hear it the next room ever. New console hasn't shipped. Haven't gotten anything in compensation. Have already had about three phone/chats with support and nothing.

Call them back and ask for a code?

TRios Zen

Free games tho...

Seriously, I'd be pretty pissed if my console broke down before Christmas and I wasn't able to get a replacement...

Still, free games tho...

Well I got Ryse free. I also bought Ghosts, Powerstar Golf and Dead Rising 3. Sadly the only game I can play at all is Powerstar Golf and even that has plenty of visual anomalies. Free game is nice, but as I can't play it or most of my other games...

It's also so stupid how the 14 day gold trial included with the Xbox One doesn't stack to your existing membership. So now I have to wait a year to input the code when my Gold expires? Fucking stupid.

You have a year already, don't see how this makes a difference. You enter the code when it runs out if you really want those 14 days so much.

zou

For me it did. Although some people here reported that it did not work for them. Next game I plan to buy is Peggle 2 next monday. I guess I will find out for sure then.

Hey man,saw you mentioned you removed the fan from the psu. Could you please tell me how to actually open/remove the cover once I've removed the screw (there's only one, right)?

Thanks

sportz103

Call them back and ask for a code?

I was told "It's only for disc drive problems", maybe that's changed. As long as I get my console this week it's all good. Free stuff is nice, but not needed. I got to play over the break on my brother's console (Ryse and FIFA), so now I'm even more excited :)

Chitown B

I was told "It's only for disc drive problems", maybe that's changed. As long as I get my console this week it's all good. Free stuff is nice, but not needed. I got to play over the break on my brother's console (Ryse and FIFA), so now I'm even more excited :)

yeah that's what they told my friend too. He had a PSU issue. He called 11/24 and has yet to receive any shipping notification.

sith ewok

Well, after posting several times that the XB1 version of Battlefield was working flawlessly for me, I finally hit the end of my good luck road - it deleted my campaign save when I was nearly done. Ouch.

Anarkin

Anyone here wants the Day One Achievement code? I've got a new day one edition from Amazon and the fan is even louder than on my previous X1, so I'll send it back. But I can keep all the codes in the box.

amchardy

Neo Member
Has anybody got a replacement through the Advance Replacement system? I placed mine on Saturday and was told I would get the replacement in 2-3 working days.

Mine hasn't shipped yet so not 2-3 working days then...

Decided to look into it a bit more and it seems like I'm not the only one. Looks like MS has massively fucked up on getting replacements out, with people now waiting well over a week now with no sign of a replacement:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1630167.aspx?PageIndex=83

SMH.

TRios Zen

Has anybody got a replacement through the Advance Replacement system? I placed mine on Saturday and was told I would get the replacement in 2-3 working days.

Mine hasn't shipped yet so not 2-3 working days then...

Decided to look into it a bit more and it seems like I'm not the only one. Looks like MS has massively fucked up on getting replacements out, with people now waiting well over a week now with no sign of a replacement:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1630167.aspx?PageIndex=83

SMH.

I need to stop dwelling on this, but the fact that I have an e-mail that says they would send me a replacement box in 2 days, and it is 10 days later, with no information available in the interim pisses me off more and more by the hour.

As a long time Xbox customer/supporter I am really disappointed in the way this has been handled and feel like MS is pushing me towards their competition. I would have bought a PS4 eventually anyway, but it appears more and more likely that I will be returning my broken Xbox One and looking for a PS4 now.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am on vacation and was disheartened to walk into the TV area of my room and it ignored me.

Miss my Xbone.

I was finally getting good at Powerstar Golf (which is underrated IMO).

Anarkin

I need to stop dwelling on this, but the fact that I have an e-mail that says they would send me a replacement box in 2 days, and it is 10 days later, with no information available in the interim pisses me off more and more by the hour.

As a long time Xbox customer/supporter I am really disappointed in the way this has been handled and feel like MS is pushing me towards their competition. I would have bought a PS4 eventually anyway, but it appears more and more likely that I will be returning my broken Xbox One and looking for a PS4 now.

Did you call them? I was waiting almost a week so I called them today. After 2 hours I got my shipment notification. Tell them you don't want to wait any longer, maybe you will receive at least a game for free.

amchardy

Neo Member

It's incredibly disappointing. I've also been told twice now that I'll receive an email with details on how to redeem my free game, although I feel like they're just spinning me a line to get rid of me.

It looks like the only way to get MS to do anything is to shame them into action. I hope some of the news websites start to pick up on how badly MS are handling this. There are a lot of dissatisfied customers with broken Xbox ones and broken promises of speedy replacements.

Mine is finally coming tomorrow from the Microsoft store.. My 2 day shipping ended up taking 4 days, not counting Sunday ofc. I really wish Amazon restocked this quicker =\ Can't wait to play Ryse and DR3, Forza 5 can wait since I have so many ps4 games too. Didn't really want Forza but got stuck with that bundle.

Did anyone order the Day one edition from Microsofts Ebay store which was available on Nov 29th?

I was lucky to get one but they still haven't given me any shipping info. I'm reading their feed back and I see some people have gotten theirs. This was sold out in minutes, so everyone who bought theirs got it at the same day.

PARANO1A

Is anyone actually playing and enjoying Crimson Dragon? I was so pumped until reviews landed... The silence post launch indicates it's not just a hidden gem or something.

I am on vacation and was disheartened to walk into the TV area of my room and it ignored me.

Miss my Xbone.

I bought PSG a few days but haven't had a chance to play it yet....Good to hear from so many people that it's good.

Miss my Xbone.

mine doesn't even recognize me 80% of the time so i wouldn't be too sad put in your shoes

Nintyb

Banned
I really want a Power star Golf demo before I pony up for it. Just came home with NBA 2k14 and Forza 5. Nba is taking forever to install. I think the five games (Ryse, DR3, BF4) I have now should last me nicely until Thief and Titanfall hit.

TRios Zen

Did you call them? I was waiting almost a week so I called them today. After 2 hours I got my shipment notification. Tell them you don't want to wait any longer, maybe you will receive at least a game for free.

I've already received a free-bie from them (Ryse) so not trying to bleed them, just want a better resolution/process for this. Lady today stated that the issue is with FedEx, not MS. I think she doesn't know any better or is flat lying as she stated that FedEx has it, but no tracking number available.

It's incredibly disappointing. I've also been told twice now that I'll receive an email with details on how to redeem my free game, although I feel like they're just spinning me a line to get rid of me.

It looks like the only way to get MS to do anything is to shame them into action. I hope some of the news websites start to pick up on how badly MS are handling this. There are a lot of dissatisfied customers with broken Xbox ones and broken promises of speedy replacements.

Xbox Forums stating that people who asked for replacements from the 22-24 were delayed due to some logistical issue that a "task force" is looking into. Bottom line I received from chat support today was, keep waiting, will get it to you when we can.

Bsigg12

You people made me do this....

tufppUG.jpg

Anion

Same, and I had a fan problem

Miss my Xbone.

second most-played game. The framerate issues are a bit unfortunate. I wish the music post-hole played the entire next round...I hum along and let the animation go for a while before moving on to the next hole occasionally...

Anarkin

I've already received a free-bie from them (Ryse) so not trying to bleed them, just want a better resolution/process for this. Lady today stated that the issue is with FedEx, not MS. I think she doesn't know any better or is flat lying as she stated that FedEx has it, but no tracking number available.

Xbox Forums stating that people who asked for replacements from the 22-24 were delayed due to some logistical issue that a "task force" is looking into. Bottom line I received from chat support today was, keep waiting, will get it to you when we can.

That really sucks. Hope you'll get your X1 by the end of this week.

You people made me do this....

tufppUG.jpg

I bought the game at release but returned it to Amazon because of the terrible reviews. Now I regret it. :(

p3tran

Banned
Is anyone actually playing and enjoying Crimson Dragon? I was so pumped until reviews landed... The silence post launch indicates it's not just a hidden gem or something.

its the only digital game I bought.
you know what it is, if you ever enjoyed space harrier or later games, probably you'll like it.

my first time I tried the game, first thing i wanted to do right after finishing the first stage, was to replay it to do it better. maybe that means something.
also yesterday, as I opened the xbone, for some strange reason I put this instead of forza (!!)
I mean, if you are going to knock down points about mission briefings being the same old-school text boxes thing, maybe not for you this game.

shooting mechanics are solid from what I've played, there also seems to be a nice scoring mechanic too.
its a shooter. dont expect an rpg, thats what I mean :)
good shooter.

ps.
also I might be wrong, but I'm pretty fucking sure that its this game soundtack that's been humming inside my head.
and thats a VERY rare thing to happen.. very!

Bravoexo

Man, the Xbox One finally showed up in the country's biggest game retailer.... Standard Edition is going for an equivalent of $750 USD (Philippine Peso = 34.5k). Bummer!!

besada

Banned
Is there a Powerstar Golf Demo? I might be looking to buy it once I finish up Lego Marvel, Dead Rising, and Peggle. Does anyone here enjoy it?

I love it. I agree with Stinkles that it's underrated. It has two starting characters and four unlockable through play, with multiple outfits for each. Two caddies. All characters have a special ability including stuff like a distance boost, a magnetized hole, MIRV balls, etc.

Four 18-hole courses. It plays like Hot Shots Golf. A lot like Hot Shots. For me, that's a good thing, but if you prefer a more realistic swing model, this is not the game for you. It's the straight up HSGolf three-press swing. Like HSGolf, it has wind speed, elevation, driving/putting surface, complex greens, etc.

RPG-like level progression, with XP awarded for breaking your and your friends's records. Instant gratification for great shots, as it takes a film clip and posts it directly to your feed.

It's reskinned Hot Shots Golf with social gaming features, and it costs $20. BF4, Forza 5, and Dead Rising 3 are all waiting for me to get burned out on this game.

Edit: Most notable exception? No online multiplayer, which is a crime against nature and man. I presume it will arrive at some point as DLC.

Hyunickel

Neo Member
I just got my tracking info for my shipped replacement from the advanced replacement program. I raised the issue up on the 29th, so this is pretty quick so far. Hopefully it arrives in 1-2 days. I'm in the UK btw.

Top Bottom