• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Open the PSU and take out the fan. It is not needed at all. Boom it is silent.

Nah Ill keep asking for replacements till they send me a non fucked one. Don't even wanna know how many people out there are sitting around with these loud-ass PSUs thinking its normal.

C Jones

Seems like my second PSU is busted as well. The first one had a busted fan that was going "RRRR" all the time, the second one seems to have a mechanical hum going on. Both are louder than the actual console. Am I really going to have to go through three PSUs before I get a good one?

Current one sounds like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1_6KjsudQv8#t=29

Can't find a vid on how the first one sounded.
Are you plugging into the wall or a power strip? I think I read somewhere that an overloaded strip could cause psu noise, so maybe try plugging into the wall if you're not already?

Nintyb

Banned
Picked up Madden. Ugh. Looks like an upscaled port of the 360 version. Plays well enough but after Nba 2k14 its tough seeing such lifeless looking player models.

Lima

Are you plugging into the wall or a power strip? I think I read somewhere that an overloaded strip could cause psu noise, so maybe try plugging into the wall if you're not already?

That is not how it works.

The noise comes from the fan. There is a super tiny 30mm fan inside. Even under complete ideal conditions that fan would never be quiet. Some are louder than others but I cringe every time I read that the PSU is silent.

Talked to Xbox Support today about my controller connection issues, and my Live TV problems. Guy said to try a few troubleshooting steps, but he'll call back tomorrow to be sure. The steps don't sound like they're going to help at all, but I'll give it a try to see. One of them is to connect my Xbox One controller to the console directly when I'm not playing games to fix my controller connection. To fix TV, he suggests plugging in the console over wired ethernet. As I don't anticipate these suggestions fixing my problems, I'm expecting to begin the repair process tomorrow. How do I be sure it's a swap-out repair where they send me a new console and I send back the broken one?

At least he was more helpful than the online chat support who told me to "stand next to a wall when I play to block the WiFi waves" so my controller would work better. I laughed and laughed for a good while at that.

derFeef

why can't you just put in the credit card you use for paypal? I don't see a need for a middle man.

I primarily use paypal for my online purchases without a credit card as I just transfer money directly to it. Works for my region on XBL, but can't add it to the US store for some weird reason.

Xamdou

So did EA finally bother to add a party lobby for friends to join up and search for games instantly for the PS4 version?

Hana-Bi

I primarily use paypal for my online purchases without a credit card as I just transfer money directly to it. Works for my region on XBL, but can't add it to the US store for some weird reason.

Huh, thats strange. Works without problem for me. German Paypal account in the US store. Did you try to add a paypal account on your MS account (not the Xbox account) online?

Talked to Xbox Support today about my controller connection issues, and my Live TV problems. Guy said to try a few troubleshooting steps, but he'll call back tomorrow to be sure. The steps don't sound like they're going to help at all, but I'll give it a try to see. One of them is to connect my Xbox One controller to the console directly when I'm not playing games to fix my controller connection. To fix TV, he suggests plugging in the console over wired ethernet. As I don't anticipate these suggestions fixing my problems, I'm expecting to begin the repair process tomorrow. How do I be sure it's a swap-out repair where they send me a new console and I send back the broken one?

At least he was more helpful than the online chat support who told me to "stand next to a wall when I play to block the WiFi waves" so my controller would work better. I laughed and laughed for a good while at that.

I had controller disconnecting issue, called support and they sent an advanced replacement. Issue resolved

derFeef

Huh, thats strange. Works without problem for me. German Paypal account in the US store. Did you try to add a paypal account on your MS account (not the Xbox account) online?

Yup, it's my primary and only paying option on my MS account, works on all other platforms, just not on the Xbox when I change the region - it always demands a credit card and I can't switch paying method.

Did you purchase something via PayPal on xBox One or just on 360?
It worked for me as a German on 360 , but the One won´t accept my credit card and there is no way to add a PayPal account on the console

derFeef

On the MS account page I can switch between AT- personal account and US - personal account, hmm.
If I want to add paypal there it demands an US adress and phone number etc. so I guess I am out of luck if I don't want to risk anything. Can you guys check if you have paypal option there uf it works for you?

One of my friends changed his region to USA on the Xbox One dashboard and bought a game.

He said after you change your regon visit
http://commerce.microsoft.com

Under payment options there should be options to tie a payment type to a specific region. Just pop your paypal on there and it should show next time you log onto xbox.

I may be explaining it all wrong though, will try to get him in to explain.

derFeef

One of my friends changed his region to USA on the Xbox One dashboard and bought a game.

He said after you change your regon visit
http://commerce.microsoft.com

Under payment options there should be options to tie a payment type to a specific region. Just pop your paypal on there and it should show next time you log onto xbox.

I may be explaining it all wrong though, will try to get him in to explain.

Yeah that's what I posted above, but is it safe? Fake US adress and all that...
i know that game became unplayable for me yesterday. Needs patch

Only DICE can make a game worse with every patch, it's ridiculous.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Has anyone posted any videos of how an Xbox One is supposed to normally sound? I have a replacement on the way, but I think mine is fine so I'm going to send the replacement back. However if there is a video that has a normal sounding Xbox One running, it would be nice to compare just in case.

Nemesis_

Random question - can the Xbox One be used to access a server (well, a computer we've set up as a server) with ISO files of DVD/BRD and play them?

I assume it can't, but worth asking.

I just had an interesting issue.

I've been playing all day with a micro USB cable (all week actually), and got a party invite. Of course it was while BF4 was running so chat wouldn't work. I shut down BF4, joined party chat, then relaunched BF4. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I decided the headphone cord was twisted, and unplugged it to untwist it. When I plugged it back in, the headset didn't work. I unplugged the controller and plugged it back in, and then it wouldn't work either. Multiple system restarts, swapping cables, borrowing batteries, and attempting to re-sync the controller, and nothing was working.

Then I shut the system down, unplugged it from the wall, plugged it back in and started it up, and the controller worked again with no sync needed. Weird. (I could have probably set the system to not use sleep mode, but that menu can only be navigated with the controller)

Lima

Yeah that's what I posted above, but is it safe? Fake US adress and all that...

Well yeah it is kinda shady lying about information. I guess since you want to buy games cheaper in the US, it also counts as "circumvent regional pricing" which they have in their ToS.

But they have never done anything against people actually buying stuff with fake accounts etc. There was this Oman glitch thing but it seems MS is cool as long as people pay for the stuff.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Also, if you wiggle the HDMI cables connected to the HDMI ports to the Xbox One, is it normal for the Xbox One to lose signal? I heard about people having trouble with the HDMI ports and mine (both the in and out ports) lose signal if I wiggle the cables. Left alone though, I have uninterrupted picture (both on the console and TV pass through).

TV voice commands seem to be working, but saying "Xbox Watch TV Land" is impossible though. =P

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So I currently have a moderate NAT, so I did the multiplayer network test and did the trigger NAT test and it gave me the result: Your network is behind a cone NAT?
what is a cone? Assume something to do with my router.

After the test I went back to network settings and my NAT was open, :lol
For now it is open anyways.

So, I am a bit confused, is XB1 going to get full fledged DLNA? Or do we always have to rely on the "Play To" one way functionality?

I was really hoping it would be able to find and play media from other devices on the network

The problem right now I am having is that when either my XB1 is turned off or my W8 tablet goes to sleep, when they are both turned back on they don't auto-connect and I have to remove/add device again for the connection.

Ballistik

Is any one else having disconnect issues with the controller? It seems to only happen when the headset is plugged in.

Yes it's happening to me. Playing Forza online, I definitely learned my lesson to not plug in the headset. Last night was insane, I could not get the controller to stay on at all even after unplugging the headset. I had to plug it to the console and make it wired for it to stay on.

Top Bottom