• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
XB1 is also able to stream SuperHD but only for certain people it seems.

If you load up a video called:

Example Short 297.36 ( Not sure on the numbers. I can look it up if need be. )

It will display the bitrate of the video. 5800 is their "SuperHD" bitrate. Some people who have an XB1 have been able to hit that number. I can't. The highest I've gotten is like 3750 but it always bounces back out of that range.

My Smart TV is able to consistently reach and stay at 5800 and my ps3 in my bedroom is able to hit 3750 and stay there (My bedroom TV is only 720 so it can't get any higher).

I'm not sure why this is the case. My xbox is wired and my download speeds test at 60/10.

your provider could be throttling certain services.

Caayn

Changing GT isn't free. You can only change it for free, once, when you're GT was/is determined by XBL. For example when you create a new account and don't choose a GT you get one automatically assigned, after which you can change that GT one time for free.

I was able to get there but for example there is a demo for Dead Rising 3 (according to the Major Nelson blog) but there is no indication I see on the store site that it exists.

For 360 it would always list the demo and I could add it to my queue.

Ah sorry, looks like my reading comprehension failed me.

As of yet there isn't a list of demos or even DLC for the games available, MS need to update the site so that all the content is available to buy and queue.

Is annoying, I'm chalking it to early days at the moment, still it's not like they haven't experienced this before though. Must just be implementation.

GravyButt

So I still have a bunch of MS points on my account, is it possible to buy the microsoft warranty through the xbox with ms points or no?

ultrazilla

For those looking for Xbox Ones, I went to 2 Gamestop and 2 Toysrus stores and they all must have had at least 6-7 on shelves. No PS4s to be found. So if you're looking for an Xbox One, your local Gamestop or Toysrus probably has it.

ref

DR3 is amazing. Its what I thought the original one would be. So many zombies on screen and no loading is awesome.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it as well. It's just mindless fun, love it.

Seriously though one of the best new features is being able to change clothes back to default with Kinect, love messing around trying stuff on but for cutscenes for my first playthrough want to try and be as serious as you can be in a Dead Rising game.

Also finished Ryse yesterday, and I got to say, def. not as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't mind the combat, and it actually feels great when you're engaged with 4+ enemies and you can keep a combo going. Story wise though, it was a missed opportunity. Early going was pretty boring, but it starts to pick up near the end but it still doesn't amount to much, but not terrible by any means, just generic and predictable.

MCD

Bought two X1s, for me and a friend.

One is with a dead disc drive. It even had the HDMI sticker on front. Oh well, god bless Amazon return policy.

Kibbles

Been playing a little bit of CoD and the thumbsticks make me sad. Feels like a madcatz controller and it seems like the sensitivity/deadzones are screwed. I hope they add in support for 360 controllers. I don't see why not it's just a USB connection.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Changing GT isn't free. You can only change it for free, once, when you're GT was/is determined by XBL. For example when you create a new account and don't choose a GT you get one automatically assigned, after which you can change that GT one time for free.

I don't think creating a new account on an Xbox One gives the player an option to pick a GT. It just automatically assigns one and tells the player how to change it.

Caayn

I don't think creating a new account on an Xbox One gives the player an option to pick a GT. It just automatically assigns one and tells the player how to change it.
It's been like that, that you automatically get a GT assigned, for a while on the 360 and on xbox.com don't know if they changed it on the Xbox One.

Yuterald

You cannot transfer your licenses from account A to account B, at least manually you can try contacting Xbox support about it and explain everything to them. But I doubt that they will transfer the license.
And if you ever get a second system you can only play Crimson Dragon on the system that is set as the Home system for the original account. Other accounts on other systems cannot play Crimson Dragon, the only way to play it on a non-home system is to log-in with the account that the license is tied to.

Wait, so let me clarify a few things then. Say I get a new Xbox and I recover my current Gamertag/Account that I didn't download Crimson Dragon initially on, would I still be able to download/install the game without recovering the original account? Or would I have to re-download both accounts, download CD on my current account, and then remove the other account (if I so choose to).

Also, where can you see or where does it say if your system is the "Home" one or not. Just curious. Hah, sorry for being so anal/OCD about all of this. I just like to know all the ins and outs when it comes to account systems on these newer platforms.

It's been like that, that you automatically get a GT assigned, for a while on the 360 and on xbox.com don't know if they changed it on the Xbox One.

Yeah, they still assign a random account name/tag and you do get to change it for free once. I changed the automated one and THEN decided to make a new account.

Been playing a little bit of CoD and the thumbsticks make me sad. Feels like a madcatz controller and it seems like the sensitivity/deadzones are screwed. I hope they add in support for 360 controllers. I don't see why not it's just a USB connection.

huh?the one sticks are better than 360 since it has better grip.whats wrong?

Caayn

Wait, so let me clarify a few things then. Say I get a new Xbox and I recover my current Gamertag/Account that I didn't download Crimson Dragon initially on, would I still be able to download/install the game without recovering the original account? Or would I have to re-download both accounts, download CD on my current account, and then remove the other account (if I so choose to).

Also, where can you see or where does it say if your system is the "Home" one or not. Just curious. Hah, sorry for being so anal/OCD about all of this. I just like to know all the ins and outs when it comes to account systems on these newer platforms.
No you won't be able to download Crimson Dragon as the game isn't tied to your current account, it's tied to your original account. In order to play it on a new console with your current account you'll need to do the following:
- Download your old account (the one were you bought CD on)
- Log-in on your old account
- Go to settings -> My home Xbox -> here you can mark that console as the "Home" console
- Redownload Crimson Dragon
- Keep your old account on the Xbox

Purchases are tied to the account that bought them and your account is loosely tied to a single Xbox One. You can still use your purchased content on a different console by either being connected to Xbox Live or set that console as your "Home" console. It works similar to the Xbox 360 and the PS4.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Bought two X1s, for me and a friend.

One is with a dead disc drive. It even had the HDMI sticker on front. Oh well, god bless Amazon return policy.

What is the significance of the sticker? Curious because mine had that. Still haven't popped a disc in. The day I get Forza 5 in the mail is gonna be fun or fun :)

zedge

Hay guys!

pWNi8Dk.jpg

Updating now. Wee I feel like a little kid, love new shit. haha

cool_dude

Banned
"Xbox On" is 100% for me. Turns on my audio system and projector as well. This is really one of the most impressive features for me, along with the ability to change/mute volume with voice.

jem0208

Changing your GT is free now?

Really? I went to change my initial name/tag before I opted to make a new one and at some point they do ask you for those $10 to make the change. I think it appears at first that it's free to change, but if you actually follow the menus/options to the end you'll find yourself at the pay screen.

Actually that might be right. I assumed it was because I changed it for free on a secondary account I made.

Hay guys!

I totally know the feeling. When I bought mine I was giggling the entire time I was setting it up.

MCD

What is the significance of the sticker? Curious because mine had that. Still haven't popped a disc in. The day I get Forza 5 in the mail is gonna be fun or fun :)

Second batch consoles but was denied by major nelson and by my own personal experience just now.

:(

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Xbox One is the first system I've had since my very first 60GB PS3 (that I'm a dumbass for selling) that I've bonded with. I don't know where this road will take us or how long/abrupt it will be, but we're going down it together.

flippeh

Day One kinect sensor decided to stop working today :( Been using the Xbox pretty much every day since launch just fine too.

Oh well, requested an advanced replacement.

On a brighter note, I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday Xboxes!

Yuterald

No you won't be able to download Crimson Dragon as the game isn't tied to your current account, it's tied to your original account. In order to play it on a new console with your current account you'll need to do the following:
- Download your old account (the one were you bought CD on)
- Log-in on your old account
- Go to settings -> My home Xbox -> here you can mark that console as the "Home" console
- Redownload Crimson Dragon
- Keep your old account on the Xbox

Purchases are tied to the account that bought them and your account is loosely tied to a single Xbox One. You can still use your purchased content on a different console by either being connected to Xbox Live or set that console as your "Home" console. It works similar to the Xbox 360 and the PS4.

What's interesting though on this one is that you can actually remove/delete the account/user and still access the game(s) you bought on the original account. Right now I only have my one current account and I deleted the other login/user. I know on PS3 you HAVE to have the other account active/present in order to play stuff from said account (as I downloaded a few Japanese games). They definitely work the same, but there's a few differences between them I suppose.

Hey guys Is streaming throught the system just poor quality or is it the wifi in the system. Netflix is the only streaming service that I have used that has great picture quality. YouTube, twitch, and the upload studio clips have been poor to decent for me?

Doodis

Seriously though one of the best new features is being able to change clothes back to default with Kinect, love messing around trying stuff on but for cutscenes for my first playthrough want to try and be as serious as you can be in a Dead Rising game.
Didn't know you could do this. What's the audio command you have to use?

Kibbles

huh?the one sticks are better than 360 since it has better grip.whats wrong?
It's a lot easier to aim on 360. The sticks like go from little to high sensitivity immediately with no like gradual increase. When I say it feels like a madcatz controller I mean like how the sticks work in game. It just feels off. The grips I don't got a problem with, those are good.

Dubz

Killer Instinct is quickly becoming one of my favorite games of the year. I want the stick soo bad, but I am not willing to pay $200 for it.

Hawk269

"Xbox On" is 100% for me. Turns on my audio system and projector as well. This is really one of the most impressive features for me, along with the ability to change/mute volume with voice.

Same for me. Never had an issue with "Xbox On". Had my 2nd Xbox One in the bedroom and so far no issues as well with the command. The only issue I had, which was my fault is I kept telling it "Xbox Watch TV", but realized I did not say "Xbox On" first. lol.

I also did the max volume calibration, so for those having some issue with voice commands, ensure that when you run the setting up that you max your volume...even to the point when it says "too loud", then lower it slightly and do it again. This helps it calibrate audio much better.

OmahaG8

It's a lot easier to aim on 360. The sticks like go from little to high sensitivity immediately with no like gradual increase. When I say it feels like a madcatz controller I mean like how the sticks work in game. It just feels off. The grips I don't got a problem with, those are good.

Yeah, it's got DS3 syndrome. A real shame, because I love everything else about it.

is there a list of all of the kinect commands out there? and can't you set up OneGuide to have your live television channel guide in there as well? how do I do that? my provider is Rogers and I'm in Toronto, Canada.

G_Berry

Banned
For the people that bought it, hows spartan assault? 60fps? 1080p?

I have it on my RT but im on holidays and am thinking of grabbing it when I get home for the bone.

RulkezX

Sums up my Xbox One experience thus far

And mine, Xbox On works maybe 1/20 attempts for me , I'm worried my Kinect is faulty because even though I've set it up multiple times with the volume really high , sometimes it doesn't work even if I talk to it from like 6" away, other days it works almost perfectly.

It saddens me they broke the pad. The 360 pad is a work of god like genius , the XO pad has shitty sticks and horrible triggers/bumpers. IMHO the DS4 utterly destroys the XO pad in every meaningful way, and as some one who hates the DS3 and Sixaxis , I never thought I would find myself saying that.

I think I'm suffering a bit of buyers remorse with the XO, the UI and shitty patching system ( 11GB in patches for just 2 games is a joke) has really dampened any enthusiasm I had left this past week.

DR is fun though, and that has been it's only saving grace for me so far.

Top Bottom