• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox should really start packing mic with consoles again

Jigsaah

Gold Member
So glad we don't have this issue on PC. Discord is a thing yes, but you can do discord chatt and ingame chat at the same time. Best of both worlds...mute who you need to.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I absolutely agree with this. Everyone should have easy access to a mic. Hell, copy Sony and put one on the controller.

Edit: to flesh out my stance a little. I have been gaming on VR with vigor since the launch of Quest 3, and I have been reminded of how a little small talk can change the dynamics of multiplayer gaming. All headsets have included mics, and i have met some really awesome people over the past month and a half. Of course you run across assholes, but the mute button is never far away.

Last edited:

Three

It's actually a pretty mediocre microphone that lacks even basic noise management features. If you use it for voice chat in games the people you're playing with probably hate you.
You think the pack in is better? 🤣

Last edited:

Crayon

I learned on the original Xbox that voice chat via the console network was a frustrating experience. Idiot children practicing their repertoire of curse words, grown men screaming because they lost a video game, loud noises meant to shock people, insane levels of simping, private chat begging and begging for nudes via email whenever there was a female voice on the chat. It did not really enhance the experience.

These days it's much easier to voice chat with trusted friends or teammates via any number of methods that weren't as readily available back then. I'd take a discord group chat with people I'm playing with over in-game voice chat any day.

Yes. But also yes:

Bring back the glorious 360 days. Everyone banged my mom. I banged theirs.

michael fassbender perfection GIF

Open chat was fun and a big part of that experience in that time. Just not in a civilized way lol.

Throwing people to lions was fun, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom