• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox + Starfield Showcase | OT | Phil'shank Redemption | 3:00 am AEST | 2:30 am ACST | 1:00 am AWST (12 June) United States – 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET

Do you think the Xbox Showcase will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 143 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • It will destroy Summer Game Fest 2023

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • It will destroy the terrible PlayStation Showcase 2023

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Starfield will be Game of The Year regardeless

Votes: 16 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Poor Thing Are You Okay GIF by TV Land

Alright man, stick to your dumb argument lol.

graywolf323

Do we like actual walking simulators now? Is it allowed or are we still undecided?
I mean if it weren’t for double-standards fanboys would have no standards whatsoever (and that applies to all sides of the fanboy spectrum)

edit: is it just me or are the alts out in force for the showcase?

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: GHG

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
If Sony showed a game looking that bad people would be shitting on it and yiu k ow they would. Hell, people shit on spiderman and its looks generations ahead of avowed.

Unlike Insomniac, Obsidian's calling card has never been visual fidelity.

Obsidian is a highly renowned developer for their talent in choose-your-own-adventure storytelling and deep RPG mechanics.

The two are not at all alike.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
HB2 will look good, but if it's anything like HB1 it'll be half unskippable cut scenes. For those of you who didn't play HB1, it was half a game. You get tons of cutscenes with the main character talking to herself..... just like this trailer already.
I would love to be hyped for this one but I could not get into the first Hellblade.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Can we actually see gameplay of Hellblade for once? Like this is what? It's fucking 4th trailer with 0 gameplay? 0 hud? They showed some "gameplay" earlier which I doubt was actual "gameplay" and now this shit again.

So, for 30 seconds it was her struggling to get out of a rock.... and the other 2 minutes was her just standing there talking to herself? Really impressive trailer.

Last edited:
Avowed looks cool and not at the same time, its weird.
With cinematic games, cinematic trailers are the best because they lean into that game's strengths. For other games, the best gameplay trailer they can have is just showing a slice of gameplay for like 2 minutes straight. Avowed should have been the latter.

graywolf323

I still can’t tell what was gameplay in that honestly and of course it’s 2024 😮‍💨

edit: holy crap, Xbox got the Like a Dragon 8 premiere trailer? Sega making weird choices lately

Last edited:
Top Bottom