• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

Expired deals seem to be back!

All of the deals in the DWG section are showing the sales prices again, including Resident Evil, which I believe some in this thread missed. They all have 10 hours remaining, except Superhot which has 15 hours left.

Justinh

All of the deals in the DWG section are showing the sales prices again, including Resident Evil, which I believe some in this thread missed. They all have 10 hours remaining, except Superhot which has 15 hours left.

Hmm... Thanks for the heads-up. I wonder what happened to make them disappear temporarily. I have 10 dollars on my Xbox account that I'm dying to use after buying digital copies of Dark Souls 3 and Blue Dragon, but I think I'm just going to hold onto it and hope for the best for next week's sales.

schlew

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. While my plan of buying Destiny: The Taken King to finish my move to all digital failed (it says I already own it...), I caved and bought Darksiders 2. While not typically my cup of tea, $7.50 is a hard deal to turn down.

3 of the new Deals w/ Gold are better than any of the fairly lame Winter sale deals so far...Book of Unwritten Tales 2, Unravel, and Dragon Age Inquisition. Destroy All Humans is a pretty good get at that price too since it'll inevitably be BC and they'll double or triple the "sale" price afterwards.

icespide

Banned
i guess they are decent when they happen but they just don't seem to happen very often. really just looking for gears ultimate edition and i got nothing so far

i guess they are decent when they happen but they just don't seem to happen very often. really just looking for gears ultimate edition and i got nothing so far

I guess I get that. Wider-ranging sales rely on economy of scale, though- maybe if the Scorpio really takes off MS will have the kind of user numbers that'd make them confident in the success of that sort of thing, but then, they wouldn't be desperate enough to do it, lol.

steveovig

Is anyone else's store messing up for them? I want to buy Darksiders 2 but it keeps saying my connection needs to be checked.

Randy5554

Thanks for the heads up! I wanted to grab the Metro Redux Bundle for $6 earlier today, but was unable to do so.

Thetinman

All I want is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pack I want to wait to see if it will hit the sale but I would really like to start the game over with all the dlc while I have the time off from work.

All I want is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pack I want to wait to see if it will hit the sale but I would really like to start the game over with all the dlc while I have the time off from work.

The had the complete edition on sale for $25 during the Black Friday sales. I wasn't able to take advantage then but I'm really hoping it goes on sale again soon.

I'm not sure what's going on with the weekly Deals With Gold stuff, but something's weird about it. All of the games* are still listed in the DWG section, but only Superhot and Never Alone are still discounted, and NA is only 5% off (it was like 50% or something before).

*I already own Slain, Metro, and Darksiders II, so I can't see the prices on those.
Yeah I hate that. I bought the doom season pass 3 days ago, today I go bro the game and it says that the dlc is on sale, but when I click the link it just gives me an error. I really want to see the sale price to see if it would be worth my time to call me and ask for a refund.

Snackawho

I'm trying to make the decision between getting Final Fantasy XV or getting Arkham Knight and Recore.... I only have the budget for either or. I've been looking for good single player experiences to play. Any opinions or suggestions?

I'm trying to make the decision between getting Final Fantasy XV or getting Arkham Knight and Recore.... I only have the budget for either or. I've been looking for good single player experiences to play. Any opinions or suggestions?

Well they're doing a bunch of work on FFXV, so you might be better waiting for that that work to be done. If you want a JRPG fix though, get Lost Odyssey. It's free right now.

As for Arkham Knight, just know that it's the weakest of the three Arkham games, so adjust your expectations.

MauroNL

Some more 360 Deals with Gold:

• de Blob 2 - $19.99 > $2.99 (Backwards Compatible)
• Sniper: Ghost Warrior - $14.99 > $2.24
• Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - $34.99 > $5.24
• The Escapists - $19.99 > $6.59

Sizzle55

am i just biased or have Microsoft really shit the bed with digital sales this year?
No I agree with you mate. In Australia it is pretty rough pricing, I was expecting to have to top my account up and sadly have not bought 1 game. The dailies so far have been dismal.

You're right. Especially if you're in Europe.

It's like Microsoft gave up.

Yeah, the UK prices on quite a few games simply don't compare to the US deals. I've been wanting Arkham Knight for a long time which is pracically peanuts in the US while it's only dropped to about £25 here. Same with the Lego games.

What's the Daily Deal today?

Bumhead

Banned
I know some of the UK prices are terrible, especially Arkham Knight at £25, but is there a reason people aren't just buying from the US store?

On Xbox it's so easy to switch and buy from the US store instead.

Senteevs

I know some of the UK prices are terrible, especially Arkham Knight at £25, but is there a reason people aren't just buying from the US store?

Some games are cheaper.
I switched to the UK store to buy Just Cause 3 as it was a few bucks cheaper there.

I already own DA: I on disc, but I figured the DLC might be worth playing through - and for €9, I might as well.

Bought Wolfenstein: TNO as well. Heard good things, interested to try for myself.

How easy? Last time I tried buying from other regions it involved setting up extra acounts and buying gift cards which is a bit of a pain.

EvB

Yeah, the UK prices on quite a few games simply don't compare to the US deals. I've been wanting Arkham Knight for a long time which is pracically peanuts in the US while it's only dropped to about £25 here. Same with the Lego games.

What's the Daily Deal today?

Th percentage is the same across regions, but for some reason the base price for Arkham knight is $20 vs £54.99

It's always been like that, no idea why some regions get better pricing on some games but not others.

The problem is that competing gaming networks have better sales in the same regions.

For some reason Sony is offering better deals in Europe than Microsoft. If publishers have complete control over pricing then the question would be: Do publishers hate European Xbox players?

For example:

Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition:
Cheapest sale price on PSN: 19.99 €
Cheapest sale price on XBL: 44.99 €

There are some really big differences and not only Warner is doing this.

Even Microsoft sucks at deals. Examples:

Kinect Sports Rivals
Europe: 23.10 €
US: 9.90 $

Halo 5 Deluxe
Europe: 49.50 €
US: 35.00 $

For some reason SRP aren't adjusted in European Xbox stores. Batman AK Premium is still 109.99 € on Xbox but 79.99 € on PS4.

I've been comparing sales for a while now and I only noticed two pulishers with higher sale prices on PSN. Ubisoft and EA.
The difference isn't hat big compared to the others however.

Other gaming networks also have bigger sales and these happen more often.

Sizzle55

With the Aussie dollar being so weak at the moment it's not even worth trying to switch regions. Just wish Microsoft went hard with sales over Christmas when I actually had some time to buy and play some games.

For some reason Sony is offering better deals in Europe than Microsoft. If publishers have complete control over pricing than the question would be: Do publishers hate European Xbox players?

Who knows why they make the decisions they do. Shadow Warrior has been out for 2 years on consoles. Why has it been on sale 6 times on PS4, but never on sale on XB1?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
The problem is that competing gaming networks have better sales in the same regions.

For some reason Sony is offering better deals in Europe than Microsoft. If publishers have complete control over pricing than the question would be: Do publishers hate European Xbox players?

For example:

Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition:
Cheapest sale price on PSN: 19.99 €
Cheapest sale price on XBL: 44.99 €

There are some really big differences and not only Warner is doing this.

Even Microsoft sucks at deals. Examples:

Kinect Sports Rivals
Europe: 23.10 €
US: 9.90 $

Halo 5 Deluxe
Europe: 49.50 €
US: 35.00 $

For some reason SRP aren't adjusted in European Xbox stores. Batman AK Premium is still 109.99 € on Xbox but 79.99 € on PS4.

I've been comparing sales for a while now and I only noticed two pulishers with higher sale prices on PSN. Ubisoft and EA.
The difference isn't hat big compared to the others however.

Other gaming networks also have bigger sales and these happen more often.

Interesting, I had wondered if the different regions were controlled by different arms of the publisher setting discounts and prices independently but if the same game is a better price at the same time on other networks then it must be something else.

Cindro

How is de blob 2 compared to 1? I played 1 on the wii, and would have really liked it if not for the waggle to jump mechanic. Always meant to check out 2, but never got around to it.

Interesting, I had wondered if the different regions were controlled by different arms of the publisher setting discounts and prices independently but if the same game is a better price at the same time on other networks then it must be something else.

Its all about install base. The more potential buyers you have, the lower the price can be and still make the same or more amount of money.

Top Bottom