• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

Well, I got some Xbox money for Christmas and I know I said FFXV was going to be the first Final Fantasy I skipped... But this morning I totally broke down and bought Final Fantasy One Direction Boy Band Simulator XV on sale...

I am so disappoint in myself.

Far from perfect, but it's a very fun game. Might be this generation's best example of the cliché "greater than the sum of its parts". Hope you enjoy it

Though the dailies haven't grabbed my attention, already happy having nabbed:

The Witness
Batman: Arkham Knight (with all DLC)
Hitman (Complete First Season)
Oxenfree
Ori And The Blind Forest (Definitive Edition)

Tempted to nab Dishonored 2 or Titanfall 2 but might wait to see if Rise Of The Tomb Raider hits a sale first.

I bought Dishonored 2 last night. After an hour of play I was reminded of why I loved the first one so much, can't wait to jump back in tonight.

I also picked up Titanfall 2, but haven't played yet. And Rise of the Tomb Raider is great - you might as well pick them all up! :)

Justinh

Sorry, I have not been paying attention to this sale or thread. Has The Jackbox Party bundle been on sale yet?

The Bundle? Sorry, it hasn't been on my radar so I probably wouldn't even have noticed, but according to storeparser it hasn't been on sale since May, so I guess not.

GravyButt

If the jackbox party 3 (the one with quiplash 2 ) goes on sale can someone PM me? Ive got an insane few days of work ahead of me so I don't know how often I can check Gaf but ill be monitoring emails. If possible, id be greatful! I need that game haha!

Amazon has some decent sales on digital copies too

Lara Croft Temple of Osiris $5
Thief $5 if you missed it in Gwg
Tomb Raider DE $7.50 if you missed it on Gwg
Arkham Knight Premium (Includes season pass) $20

CD Keys has
Zoo Tycoon for $10
MCC $7.50
AC Unity $1.89
(I know these prices have been here forever but still awesome deals for new owners!)
I've wanted this game forever. They're legit and the codes work in the US right?

Justinh

If the jackbox party 3 (the one with quiplash 2 ) goes on sale can someone PM me? Ive got an insane few days of work ahead of me so I don't know how often I can check Gaf but ill be monitoring emails. If possible, id be greatful! I need that game haha!

I'll keep an eye out, and sure, I'll shoot you a PM if I see it go on sale. Looks like it just went on sale last month for a few days, hopefully it gets an encore.

kermitthefrog93

Neo Member
We were promised sales for over 40 backwards-compatible games in the Countdown Sale. Correct me if I'm wrong, but only a handful of backwards-compatible games have been on sale so far. So should we expect a ton of them to drop in price tomorrow? What games are likely candidates?

Amazon has some decent sales on digital copies too

Lara Croft Temple of Osiris $5
Thief $5 if you missed it in Gwg
Tomb Raider DE $7.50 if you missed it on Gwg
Arkham Knight Premium (Includes season pass) $20

CD Keys has
Zoo Tycoon for $10
MCC $7.50
AC Unity $1.89
(I know these prices have been here forever but still awesome deals for new owners!)

Wow, didn't see this before...even if the game isn't that great...feel like AC Unity has gotta be worth trying for $1.89

dLMN8R

I'm hoping these sales seem bad since they split them in half for two different weeks.

Usually PSN and XBL have nearly identical sales on indie games and other third-party games, but lots of current PSN sales are missing on XBL at the moment. I have to believe that those missing PSN sales will take effect tomorrow.....?

I'm hoping these sales seem bad since they split them in half for two different weeks.

Usually PSN and XBL have nearly identical sales on indie games and other third-party games, but lots of current PSN sales are missing on XBL at the moment. I have to believe that those missing PSN sales will take effect tomorrow.....?

Are prices shifting tomorrow? (the 28th) or is tomorrow the last day of these and they change on the 29th?

I really wish everything was just at once, I hate it when sales are split up like this, because it makes me unsure if I should buy something I kinda want now, or wait to see what the deals will be later.

I really wish everything was just at once, I hate it when sales are split up like this, because it makes me unsure if I should buy something I kinda want now, or wait to see what the deals will be later.

I feel the same way. I've been holding off on some of the deals because there might be better deals on games I'm more interested in during week 2. If there's some overlap before the first week's deals end, I can make a decision. If not, I may end up spending most of my spare money before week 2 rolls around. I'm glad the Steam sales no longer have dailies, and I sort of wish Xbox did the same thing.

MauroNL

PSA to everyone: The week 1 deals will last for another 24 hours from now. So if you're still undecided on some games make your decision fast.

The new week 2 deals will drop in about 10 hours from now. So you you'll have about 14 hours overlap to decide between week 1 and week 2 deals.

Also protip: if the new deals drop and you see a price that is to good to be true buy it asap. Last week some people got burned on Destiny Collection which opened at $26 but was corrected later to $40.

MauroNL

I hope they put up some BC games on sale, like Bully or Catherine. The rest of the sale has been pretty meh to me.
Major Nelson promised about 40 BC titles in the sale, and thusfar I've counted about 15 total so expect around 25 more BC titles later today.

It'd be too perfect. Call me cynical but I think our luck ran out with Lost Odyssey being free :(
Well, if you buy Blue Dragon for 20$ it's like you got Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon for 10 each
That's how I convinced myself to buy it last week :)

bigDave

new games discounts from NZ (no prices atm)

Watchdogs 2 gold ed
Fifa 17 super deluxe
Dead Rising triple pack
Over watch Origin ed
Rocket League
DBZ xeno 2
Fallout 4 Deluxe
Ark
DooM
Steep gold
10 sec ninja x
101 ways to die