• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Halo 5 was tempting until I remembered it has no split screen.

Really want to pick DS3 on X1 because i got 5tbs hooked up on it, but ppl saying its unplayable? If its that bad than i would have to go ps4 route.

PeterGAF

Banned
Really want to pick DS3 on X1 because i got 5tbs hooked up on it, but ppl saying its unplayable? If its that bad than i would have to go ps4 route.
It's fine dude. That's just typical GAF exaggeration. The PS4 version probably runs a little better, but the Xbox version is fine lol.

Woorloog

Banned
I thought the Halo 5 campaign dull gameplay-wise* and kinda bad story-wise. Still need to replay in on higher difficulty but not hopeful about it. Co-op might elevate it (as it makes even Reach campaign bearable) but lack of split-screen is really disappointing (and my friend hasn't had time to download 50 GBs of updates to play with me).

*Halo 5's gameplay is solid but the campaign encounters etc. lack anything really special or memorable.

The Xbox Live offer, join for a 1€ or so doesn't seem to be working... because i have 14 day trial. What.
At least i get the XBLG price for games with it...

Story isn't great. It's mostly setup for Halo 6.

Level design and gameplay is superb though so i really enjoyed the campaign despite the story.

My thoughts really. Story struggles as they give you very little reason to invest in any of the characters but I really enjoyed the actual moment to moment gameplay and some of the locales are fantastic. Really loved everything on
Sanghelios

If anyone is waiting on a good deal for Dead Rising 4 during this sale, Newegg probably has a better deal then the featured one in the Countdown Sale. It's $35.99 for a Digital Code (Standard Edition) right now with Promo Code: EMCFGGG64 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832589548

Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition Digital Code $54.99 with Promo Code: EMCFGGG65 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832589549

Gears of War 4 Standard Edition Digital Code $27.99 with Promo Code: EMCFGGG66 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832589522

It's fine dude. That's just typical GAF exaggeration. The PS4 version probably runs a little better, but the Xbox version is fine lol.

I've played through the game on both X1 and PS4. Didn't really notice any difference while playing.

WTF???

Of course it's perfectly playable. Those people are probably lying or very ignorant lol

Thanks all, good to hear it's stable and plays like its supposed to. Bought and downloading.

Varg

Banned
Damn, the three games I wanted (Rare replay, fable 2, and fable 3) are nowhere in that list. Guess I gotta wait another week .

spons

Gold Member
When does a daily deal start/end in terms of hours and timezones? Got a botched PayPal account and no credit card at the moment so I need to buy a gift card for Life is Strange.

Akai__

Officially, this hasn't started yet, right? I don't see the usual Major Nelson post, where all games are linked.

Also, I guess Watch Dogs 2 will be a daily or weekly deal?

danowat

Banned
Is The Witness worth it for $27?

I think this is a tough one.

It's a very intriguing game, and I like they way they have made, what appears to be, ostensibly simple line puzzles into something new with each additional element, but....

The game feels like work, it'll make you feel stupid, but the buzz you get when you do finally solve a puzzle is very good.

Bumhead

Banned
Might be more of an Indie sale for me.

Can anyone recommend Superhot, Slain and Pacman Championship Edition 2 at these prices?

MauroNL

When does a daily deal start/end in terms of hours and timezones? Got a botched PayPal account and no credit card at the moment so I need to buy a gift card for Life is Strange.
Dailys usually hit about 9PM here in Holland (GMT+1) and end the day after the daily. So for instance todays daily for Dec 22 hits Dec 21 9PM and ends Dec 23 at about 11AM. So convert that to your region and you'll have your times.

How did folks get on with the flame in the flood? Really enjoyed it on pc but no idea how the console version was or anything. The chuck ragan soundtrack <3

Updated OP with some of the missing deals and todays daily. Watch for tomorrows daily in about 10 hours from now.

Big thanks for the effort dude

Woorloog

Banned
missmcl-250714-Street_Fighter_Shower.png

Bubba77

Story isn't great. It's mostly setup for Halo 6.

Level design and gameplay is superb though so i really enjoyed the campaign despite the story.

My thoughts exactly. Very fun campaign with a shitty story. Though i like how it sets up halo6

Monocle

What about for someone who would only play the story?
Other people will tell you different, but personally I love the campaign. The level design is outstanding. To me, Halo has always been about the campaigns. I can tell you that Halo 5's replay value is up with the series' best. Look forward to awesome multitiered levels with a lot of hidden weapons, vehicles, and alternate routes. You'll notice this as early as Mission 2 if you look around.

I think you'll be surprised by how much the enhanced mechanics improve the feel of the game. They impact everything from gunplay to navigation in substantial ways, and yet the game still feels like Halo. I was really skeptical about the gimmicky-looking Spartan Abilities, but 343 absolutely nailed them. All of the little enhancements and mechanical additions form a seamless, intuitive toolset, with no obviously tacked-on features. Every new thing helps you move better or fight better, and it's not like it was in Reach where certain Armor Abilities just felt out of place. Halo 5 is really the first game since Halo 2 to substantially update the series' basic mechanics, but this time I honestly can't think of any drawbacks. Even crouch jumping is still in, and still useful. In terms of gameplay, this sequel took away nothing and added heaps of upgrades and polish.

The enemies are far, far less annoying than Halo 4's, and there are a lot more Covenant in this one too. And like I mentioned earlier, there's lot of effective weapons to deal with them. I should add that every weapon is super well balanced this time around. Not a single useless one in the mix. The Promethean weapons are redesigned but still very much worth picking up, because now they're especially effective against Promethean enemies. The new SMG (that little peashooter you could dual wield in Halo 2) is a beast that rivals the Saw.

The campaign's one big weakness is a series of recurring boss fights. These are annoying, but each and every encounter can be easily skipped or cheesed with strategies you can find on Youtube. They shouldn't really impact your experience beyond the first few attempts.

The story itself is somewhat weak, but at the same time it brings some of the extended fiction's most interesting characters and concepts to the fore in ways I never expected to see in a mainline Halo game. So if you're a lore fan, there's loads to appreciate there. Also, I hope you're prepared to meet the most charming monitor ever.

The campaign's one big weakness is a series of recurring boss fights. These are annoying, but each and every encounter can be easily skipped or cheesed with strategies you can find on Youtube. They shouldn't really impact your experience beyond the first few attempts..

I am pretty sure they rebalanced these significantly as well. I recently replayed and it didn't seem as annoying. Admittedly, no more fun or engaging, but less of a drag.

Monocle

I am pretty sure they rebalanced these significantly as well. I recently replayed and it didn't seem as annoying. Admittedly, no more fun or engaging, but less of a drag.
Oh yeah, they recently patched them, didn't they? I should go back and see if I notice a difference.

Ricker

The thing that pisses me off about Halo 5 Campaign is that it's what by now ?,close to 100 GB to download, because of all the multiplayer stuff that I have no interest in lol...oh well.

Luke_Wal

What's the cheapest Master Chief Collection, Inside, or Rare Replay have ever been? I already have Limbo on PS4 as a PS+ game, so picking it up here doesn't make much sense.

Top Bottom